Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered it ~11:30am ET Wednesday. My delivery date isn't until next Wednesday..

Will be here soon! I was leaving on a trip Monday and emphasized I needed it ASAP. They worked hard to make it happen! Was on lot in town so not too hard to accomplish other than 3rd party financing being set up rapidly to get real done in time for delivery appt. but it all came together in the end!

No, somewhat disappointingly, I can’t find any mention of performance anywhere. No track mode. The console display just said Dual Motor Long Range.
Long story, but there was some confusion over the badges on back of car before I left. My badge says Dual Motor with red line underneath. They took it back and we’re going to change it to performance badging, but ended up that IS the performance badging?
Then a guy came and handed me my keys and said the Performance was a software update that I should see finish very soon.
As of yet, I haven’t found where it definitely has the performance software update. Was
Hoping to wake up this morning and see it mentioned somewhere but I didn’t. Will call them later today.
Interesting the P upgrade seems to be done over the air vs as the service center. Keep us posted.
Also the car came with the performance emblem already installed and not service center installed?
Should say Dual Motor Performance when hitting the tesla logo at the top of the screen.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
Interesting the P upgrade seems to be done over the air vs as the service center. Keep us posted.
Also the car came with the performance emblem already installed and not service center installed?
Should say Dual Motor Performance when hitting the tesla logo at the top of the screen.

It doesn’t say Dual Motor Performance on even Performance vehicles. Just Dual Motor, though it does show the red calipers/larger wheels.

No, somewhat disappointingly, I can’t find any mention of performance anywhere. No track mode. The console display just said Dual Motor Long Range.
Long story, but there was some confusion over the badges on back of car before I left. My badge says Dual Motor with red line underneath. They took it back and we’re going to change it to performance badging, but ended up that IS the performance badging?
Then a guy came and handed me my keys and said the Performance was a software update that I should see finish very soon.
As of yet, I haven’t found where it definitely has the performance software update. Was
Hoping to wake up this morning and see it mentioned somewhere but I didn’t. Will call them later today.

If the guy handed you keys, you didn't buy a Model 3! :(

E7630B3B-EB56-4F91-A63B-017178A9ED8D.jpeg

Here’s my screen. Again, no mention of performance?

• Informative
Reactions: VikH
Has anyone (other than me) with a late build (~6/19) LR AWD tried, via the Tesla app, scheduling a "software update" and putting in the note field a desire to add the performance update? I just did that and it allowed me to schedule a mobile appointment. I also sent a text msg to the person that delivered my LR AWD. I'm sure it just won't happen, but I do expect to get a call at some point. At that point, I will ask many questions... :D

Actual Appointment confirmation

"Hi John,

Your Mobile Service appointment for VIN 5YJ3E1EB9KF39xxxx is confirmed for July 26, 2019.

Your technician is scheduled to arrive between 12:30:00 PM and 2:30:00 PM. The technician will contact you before arrival and will wait for up to 15 minutes before moving onto their next scheduled appointment.

Service Address:
<Redacted>

To modify, reschedule or cancel your appointment use your Tesla Mobile app. Please note that we may not be able to accommodate modifications made 72 hours prior to your appointment.

If you have any questions, visit our Support Pages.

Note: The day of your appointment you may see an update pending for your vehicle. Please do not install that update. This update has been sent by the Service Team and will be used to complete repairs on your Tesla. If you install the update before your appointment, we will have to resend the update to your car which will increase your appointment time depending on connectivity.

Best regards,
The Tesla Team "

Last edited:
So its all in the software. I said I really didn't need the performance acceleration that 4.4 was enough. They downgraded it to standard AWD and replaced the badge. Picking up within 24 hrs.
kinda curious. So you're going to receive a Performance car with the lowered suspension, upgraded brakes, upgraded wheels and upgraded pedals ? What was the cost savings to delete the performance software?