Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P- . What is it, how to order it, etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up mine today. Feels a bit tighter than my December build MR car and is significantly faster. The pearl white is beautiful in person. I went for a quick drive and then dropped it off at a shop for clear bra and tint and will pick it up next Monday when I get home from a trip. Really excited about the car and feel it’s a tremendous value.

B0D7028D-1C1F-44BC-8226-1939BB01ECF7.jpeg

4BDD5097-3A6F-4840-B20E-3A0FDE81BF4F.jpeg

I picked up my P3D- on Saturday. You can definitely fell the 18 inch Michelins slipping at about 2/3 throttle. Will have to invest in some performance tires when these wear out.

I am surprised you can feel them slip since the traction control on these cars is so intrusive it mainly just cuts power when they don't grip. On my M3P+ I can feel the front tires get a little light as weight transfers and squirm a bit under hard acceleration but not much slipping. Now under hard braking and in the turns the performance tires will be night and day.

If the 18 tires are slipping so bad shouldn’t the 0-60 times be much worse?

If by slipping you were referring to cornering with all season tires vs summer performance tires it should be obvious.

I am surprised you can feel them slip since the traction control on these cars is so intrusive it mainly just cuts power when they don't grip. On my M3P+ I can feel the front tires get a little light as weight transfers and squirm a bit under hard acceleration but not much slipping. Now under hard braking and in the turns the performance tires will be night and day.

Picked up mine today. Feels a bit tighter than my December build MR car and is significantly faster. The pearl white is beautiful in person. I went for a quick drive and then dropped it off at a shop for clear bra and tint and will pick it up next Monday when I get home from a trip. Really excited about the car and feel it’s a tremendous value.

Now update to v24.4 and see even more power.

View attachment 435854
View attachment 435855

You and I both. Picked up today, same color with same number of miles. Also dropped off for clear bra, tint and ceramic coat. Picking up Monday too!

Attachments

• FF48E1F6-5B1D-4664-A5DF-EF144D1067D6.png
    FF48E1F6-5B1D-4664-A5DF-EF144D1067D6.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
Talked to a sales rep, they said there is only 1 M3P- available in the whole US and it's black exterior on black interior.
I really want a white exterior on black interior.

Should I just inform my rep to notify me if a white on black M3P- pops up?
Do you guys know if they can do a custom build for me?

Talked to a sales rep, they said there is only 1 M3P- available in the whole US and it's black exterior on black interior.

That's a question to as your SA. Perhaps an off menu order could still occur?

That makes me nervous now. I had P3- White Exterior on Black Interior ready for pickup last Wed and I rescheduled for Wed Aug 7 pickup.

The DA at local store told me he had to unmatch my VIN even though it was within a week(Tesla policy is max 1 week for reschedule) and I am like fine no big deal. Such incompetent people and obviously I didn’t argue too much on rematch part given these were in stock. Now I am waiting for VIN again.

Anyone else waiting for VIN on P3- ? If this deal goes south then I might have to figure out some other options. He told me that Tesla system auto matches VIN back closer to delivery. Will be interesting to see how this pans out and will be pissed if it doesn’t work.

I guess Tesla will have to honor their end of bargain once they took my $2500. Hopefully VIN tomorrow.

Last edited:
That makes me nervous now. I had one White Exterior on Black Interior ready for pickup ready last Wed and I rescheduled for Wed Aug 7 pickup.

The DA at local store told me he had to unmatch my VIN even though it was within a week and I am like fine no big deal. Such incompetent people and obviously I didn’t argue too much on rematch part. Now I am waiting for VIN again.

Anyone else waiting for VIN on P3- ? If this deal goes south then I might have to figure out some other options. He told me that Tesla system auto matches VIN back closer to delivery. Will be interesting to see how this pans out and will be pissed if it doesn’t work.

I guess Tesla will have to honor their end of bargain once they took my $2500.

Pretty sure Tesla is just trying to not hang onto cars any longer than necessary.

There are cars are everywhere, and I see no evidence Tesla is not making more, so I would think you should be good. Let us know how it goes!

I have not seen a report yet of someone who wanted a 3P Stealth not getting a 3P Stealth.

They’ve got to make their margins and good the rest of this year and this 3P Stealth seems like a good way to do it, since they apparently don’t have a battery capacity issue anymore.

Reactions: Phlier
Pretty sure Tesla is just trying to not hang onto cars any longer than necessary.

There are cars are everywhere, and I see no evidence Tesla is not making more, so I would think you should be good. Let us know how it goes!

I have not seen a report yet of someone who wanted a 3P Stealth not getting a 3P Stealth.

They’ve got to make their margins and good the rest of this year and this 3P Stealth seems like a good way to do it, since they apparently don’t have a battery capacity issue anymore.

My thoughts as well as “move the metal” marketing mantra currently is going on in Fremont, CA as much as it is for Detroit, MI.

I would certainly hope Tesla’s inventory management system would have matched my order on Fri for Wed pickup date(my pickup on Aug 31 was matched on preceding Fri).

I’ll know more tomorrow morning or during the day. But I have to admit that my DA is not the greatest person to work with. I sold my MR just to get this and would be pissed if I get short end of the stick here.

A bit premature for my rant, but let’s see. That’s just my level of faith in Tesla.