Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Madison, WI Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While I know it's only a 20 mile difference, anyone, driving both a 60 or 85 would still be able to make it to Minneapolis by stopping at the dells instead. Now, if it is at the dells, thats also the difference between a handful of people using it, or that thing packed 24/7 during the summer with tourists. I can already Vouch, the 14-50 at the Sandrift was already fairly busy this summer, and not many even knew about it/not many tesla's had yet been delivered either.

For those who will not be able to attend the Pleasant Prairie SC and Madison SC openings, I now have the privilege of streaming live through my you-tube account. I will attempt to stream the event live. Of course, if you can make it in person, it's much more fun ;)

Last edited:
Sure, but why the heck would they put it in Mauston! ... Wisconsin Dells is where it is needed....

Of course I don't know the real reason(s), but here are some ideas:
1. Eau Claire to Madison is a stretch in winter in a S60. But Tomah or Sparta would've been a better choice to solve that.
2. Tesla's strategy is to provide SChargers between destinations, and subsidise HPWC's at destinations. The Dells is a destination, so no SCharger.
3. From the information I got it appears that Mauston may be an alternate to Madison if it takes too long to get construction started there.

Nothing in the town @_@

Hopefully that would make it easier to find the site! :D

Of course I don't know the real reason(s), but here are some ideas:
1. Eau Claire to Madison is a stretch in winter in a S60. But Tomah or Sparta would've been a better choice to solve that.
2. Tesla's strategy is to provide SChargers between destinations, and subsidise HPWC's at destinations. The Dells is a destination, so no SCharger.
3. From the information I got it appears that Mauston may be an alternate to Madison if it takes too long to get construction started there.

Hopefully that would make it easier to find the site! :D
I know Eau Claire to Madison is a bit of a stretch, 176 miles. But, Mauston, is 107 miles, and the dells is 126. Putting one in Mauston seems to be very close to Eau Claire, and I understand about having one at Destinations, though, problem being, their is only 1 charging location in the dells, Sandrift. Other then 120v outlets. Most people would then burn 40 extra miles worth of power (dells to mauston, 20ish miles, then back to dells, another 20) just to use the SC to get enough to go back to Madison to SC again, then to Chicago. I think Tesla doesn't understand the level of tourism in the dells.Like i said before, our 14-50 was packed this past summer, and considering not many people had a tesla yet, some times I had trouble getting to use it myself for me to get home each weekend :)

- - - Updated - - -

Contractor for Pleasant Prairie SC:

The Green Panel, Inc.
Leslie M. Turner
Managing Director
Tel: 214-693-4810

She will NOT be traveling with her crew, she will remain here in Texas.
They are to turn on the power for Corsicana SCs on MONDAY, so it should be pretty soon that they head North.

Awesome! I am going to give them a call this week, get a projected completion date so I can start arranging some sort of SC Party ^_^

So you don't want me to book the dancing girls?

Haha, that would be awesome. I was just thinking that we're there, throwing a party when Tesla shows up and is wondering why the party is already started and where the strippers came from.

BTW, I verified this morning that my car now on 5.6 DOES pull from shore power to precondition the cabin even after charging is complete. If yours isn't you should call Tesla.