Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massive Price reduction???, Germany, 99k Ludicrous?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,

Im in Germany and have been monitoring the Tesla website all night because of the something big is launching thing.

And now I can click on configure a Model S and X again and im confused.

Has there been a Massive price drop???

Ludicrous Model S, 99k €??
Ludicrous Model X, 99k €??

Im pretty sure these were at 150,000

US store only 119k for Ludicrous Model X?

Madness...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 11.31.02.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 11.31.02.png
    263.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 11.31.32.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 11.31.32.png
    335.7 KB · Views: 74
Noticed the same price drop. One can now order fully loaded P100D (excluding FSD) for the same price I paid for 90D bit over a year ago. Whoa.

Must be nice to have a P100D in inventory right now, e.g. one seller is asking 140k€ for 2017 50k km odometer. Expect to half that.

roughly 33% :O
Madness, love to know why... maybe they cant justify the price anymore with the performance model 3 for half.... but im sure that 50k from the P models were not profit so they must have reduced production costs like crazy too.
Or they are chucking out inventory and getting rid of stock of for example dashboards before a interior refresh?

Reactions: Tes La Ferrari
I’m stunned at the price reduction. And to think I was going to buy one 2.5 weeks ago but became to busy to execute the deal. I think the car I was looking at is ~25m less than when I originally configured it. I should also point out that he original config did not have the fully autonomous driving option—which Is 5k.

Last edited:
What's funny is Tesla are trying to sell Inventory P100D's in the UK for £130,000 when a new one for May delivery will only cost £90,000 now.

£90,000 for a P100D........a lot of money, but one hell of a bargain for what you are getting....

I think our cars just depreciated very quickly over night.

• Funny
Reactions: emmz0r
The message is "buy a Tesla at your peril as the company may shaft you at any moment"

I always thought the message, as laid out in the super secret master plan, was to keep producing cheaper cars in an effort to accelerate the transition to sustainable energy.

It's odd to me so many people seem genuinely surprised they're actually doing it.

I always felt that the upcharges for larger battery, performance and ludicrous where disproportionial. And when you looked at the asking prices for pre-owned vehicles, it was clear that the ones with performance and ludicrous options had very high depreciation, while the base models didn't. This change may be painful for a little while, but in the long run it may put things into a healthier relation.

Reactions: Flyguy
roughly 33% :O
Madness, love to know why... maybe they cant justify the price anymore with the performance model 3 for half.... but im sure that 50k from the P models were not profit so they must have reduced production costs like crazy too.
Or they are chucking out inventory and getting rid of stock of for example dashboards before a interior refresh?

Of course the P100D was mostly profit. It was basically a bigger motor on the real axel and that’s it. I’d be surprised, if it cost $2000 more to build.

And the 20k to go from 75 to 100 were overblown as well. $800 per kWh is insane.

I don’t think production costs have changed much, if any. But the S and X just weren’t priced competitively anymore. Especially compared to the Model 3, the high price and lower range of the 75 didn’t make sense and just selling the 100s probably didn’t bring in enough volume. So Tesla had to lower the price.

I don’t think there was much choice here, otherwise they would have kept the price up.

Perhaps Tesla is going to stop making the S and X.

no - but there is a high probability this might be a inventory/stock clearout as a prelude to a new interior and a bunch of other upgrades.
the more I think about it, the more i think this is Tesla's motivation

so buy now - think you're getting a bargain - which compared to last week you are;
but then watch your resale plummet as a significant upgrade arives.

caveat emptor - again

Reactions: electracity
no - but there is a high probability this might be a inventory/stock clearout as a prelude to a new interior and a bunch of other upgrades.
the more I think about it, the more i think this is Tesla's motivation

so buy now - think you're getting a bargain - which compared to last week you are;
but then watch your resale plummet as a significant upgrade arives.

caveat emptor - again

A major refresh would be great news for Tesla, but Musk explicitly said that it wouldn't happen: Incremental improvement.

Musk said that they would build the Y in Fremont IIRC. They don't seem to have room to build four models in Fremont.

Interesting that on this side of the pond, (Canada anyway), the discount doesn’t seem so massive. Perhaps Tesla is more concerned with you guys going to Audi and Porsche’s upcoming models more so than us.
This is why my speculation is that part of pricing strategy is to create a lock in for existing customers. Taking an extra 50k hit in Taycan trade in for p100d will be too much for many.