Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The slow rollout was intended to help ensure the new version wasn't in fact less safe than the prior version. Unless it's tested, it's just wishful thinking to assume the new version is safer.

I appreciate Tesla's caution since the software can control my car's actions.
That seems to be superfluous? We all know that happens when you engage FSD. The onus is on you to supervise it correctly.

Where does one see 10.4? Just DL'ing 2021.36.8.5 and see no reference to 10.4.
2021.36.8.5 = car firmware version. The first number is year, the second is week of the year when the initial version of this firmware was first authored.The other numbers refer to various revisons.

10.4 refers only to the major and minor version of FSD beta.

Reactions: Phlier
No, just keep the firmware version and download dates and times current. You are past the scoring part, congrats!
I was going to ask how this should look, but saw the new columns. Adjusted my original FSD version back to match the original FSD time.
Er, would you believe two? (Or, I fit the definition of insane.)

And two is within the parameter between one and twelve. :)
But twelve isn't between one and twelve, so it seems to me that he was questioning the wrong end of the parameter to begin with.
As an astronomer I use Julian Day. Day change at Noon. The night is all night long on the same ”day”. Gets rid of pesky 1:00am > 23:00 pm problems. And gloriously off topic too : )
TIL. We use julian dates in automotive manufacturing, and they are even listed on my wall calendar, but I don't think anyone I've ever dealt with knows they actually change at noon. Then again, most of the people I deal with think they are on standard time 365 days a year even though they change their clocks twice a year.
If a blue car is displayed in the instrument panel, this means that your tesla is using the blue car as a point of reference for guidance purposes (instead of using lane markers as a guidance cue). For instance your tesla could use the blue car (if it is front of you) as a lead / guide to auto steer (e.g. maintain a directional vector)
Did you lift this from an AP1 manual? I mean, that's how AP1 worked, but it doesn't seem to be how FSD works. When the question was posed, the example image had a cross-traffic vehicle in blue, so even if avoiding a cross-traffic vehicle is "guidance purposes," your for instance wouldn't apply, and AFAIK, FSD doesn't include vehicle following (nor did AP2.0+, but they also didn't display blue vehicles).
I haven't seen a painted stop line be of much benefit to FSD since 10.2. It tends to stop way before the line. And there are plenty of painted lines here that put you really far back that even as a human, you have to creep way forward to be confident in a turn. So I would love if FSD would just make a decision to stop at the point where it has cross-traffic visibility, rather than be affected by a painted stop line. Obviously it can't block an intersection while attempting this....
While "California stops" are arguably an exception to the rule, I think FSD is likely to continue to intend to follow regulations, which I believe include stopping at these lines before creeping forward. Even so, it would be nice if it would get to the lines before stopping and creep to an appropriate non-encroaching visibility position a bit more quickly after stopping.

Reactions: jebinc
Last night they had a large 10.4 push. And a new build for some models (Model S for now). I got 10.4 too.

1636388116106.png

1636388169794.png

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier and jebinc
anyone else experienced an issue with gradually reducing speed limits - where the car correctly spots the speed limit changes 75-70-55 for instance - but doesn't actually slow down. This has had me doing 75 in a 55 several times.
It reduces the set speed but maintains its current traveling speed, only slowing down if its blocked by a car in front.

Also, the auto high beam setting that is re-enabled each time it flips from old stack AP (speed limits above 65) and new stack AP (speed limits below 65)
Yes, I noticed this speed limit behavior over the weekend. Whenever I went through a town and it slowed down from a 55 to a 35 (or whatever) it would set the max to 40 but then just cruise along at 60. Eventually I just turned it off to slow down because I didn't think it would ever slow down on its own.

And in my MS, I never had the auto high beam come on at night 🤷‍♂️

Must be a southern Oregon thing. I have a 2020 Model S, 36.8.5, premium connectivity and the latest IOS app. No option to view listed in security menu. But I did get 10.4 so heading out for a drive.
Meh.............it COULD be a southern Oregon thing? But I think it's more a southern Oregon thing where you drive a 3 and think when people are talking about Teslas, it's gotta be about a 3? I mean, what else is there?

Reactions: KArnold and impastu