Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read that as a next major milestone without associated timing. Instead of knowing something we don't or being dumb, it's kinda an obvious statement since having a commercial FSD product been been the plan all along.
All they're really saying is that Beta should be coming to those with a Safety Score of 98 and rolling out FSD to the full fleet is the big milestone
So, they are saying releasing to 98 is a major milestone and the next is releasing to everyone.

How about releasing to SS 97 or V11 or any number of other possible equally important milestones before FSD is ready for release to everyone ? If DB thinks the next milestone to releasing to 98 SS is general release, how is that not dumb ?

More importantly this kind of statement misinformation the investors.

Reactions: impastu and nvx1977
So, they are saying releasing to 98 is a major milestone and the next is releasing to everyone.

How about releasing to SS 97 or V11 or any number of other possible equally important milestones before FSD is ready for release to everyone ? If DB thinks the next milestone to releasing to 98 SS is general release, how is that not dumb ?

More importantly this kind of statement misinformation the investors.
It’s a bit misleading for sure. I don’t think they’re saying anything we don’t already know, they’re just changing wording around to make old information sound new while adding some ambiguity

Made a turn in the right lane with cars behind me and in left lane. There was a truck double park blocking almost ½ the right lane. Beta came to a stop behind and the car in the other lane had slowed and then stoped to let me merge over. My car didn't move and he honks and is waving but Beta didn't recognize this human behavior. :eek: Took over and changed lane to pass after holding up both lanes looking like a real dummy. Thanks Beta.🤣🤣

Reactions: FSDtester#1
10.5, 2/3rds of the way across an intersection going straight suddenly decided to turn on the left indicator and try to make a left turn 😐 disengaged immediately and reported. If only it were possible to play back the AP snapshots, I’m really curious to know what it thought it saw that would cause this behavior.
What was the Nav showing ? Do you record your drives ?

Currently on 36.8.10 .... approached a railroad crossing on a drive last night (at speed limit of 35 mph) when the railroad warning lights started flashing red (railroad bells started ringing) and the gates started lowering.....tesla did not slow upon approach even though the lights were flashing red and the gate arms had almost fully lowered. had to slam on the brakes to disengage to avoid driving through the lowered gates at full speed....clicked the cam button a couple times to send clips to the mother ship

be safe out there, everyone

Always disengage early if you see signs of trouble.

I thought it would "see" the flashing red lights and automatically slow and eventually stop, as it does for regular traffic light signals that turn solid red, but I guess red light sensors only apply to traffic signals and not flashing red lights that suddenly activate, at railroad crossings

Last edited:
What was the Nav showing ? Do you record your drives ?
No, unfortunately I don’t have a good recording setup at the moment. Nav was going straight. It’s a bit of a tricky intersection but one I’ve crossed dozens of times with the beta without issue. Red path - left turn only lane, green path - straight only lane, yellow boxes - parked cars. The beta took the green path up to the 2nd horizontal line before attempting to go left for whatever reason.

67D9255E-34C7-44BE-AAA9-0EED902A1666.jpeg