Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The video is too short to make anything of it except a person happy they have FSD Beta.

Lets wait to judge the guy.

I say that thinking he is an influencer, and he'll just be a total let down when it comes to being subjective.

Does it really matter? Around a thousand REAL people got FSD Beta so who cares?
@S4WRXTTCS Yes, many real people got the beta FSD, which is great and why I created this thread; to capture real people’s impressions (not influencers or the financially motivated). It’s also true that all the real people who own refreshed MS cars were 100% excluded for unknown reasons. That’s fair game for discussion in this thread as well. To answer your, “who cares” question… I do, the OP of this thread cares.

Reactions: Thp3 and impastu
There is absolutely no way the NHTSA will leave Tesla alone.

One part is people keep finding creative ways to die while in a Tesla. It's kinda ironic that all the talk about the Safety Score, and yet it was just weeks after Plaid version of a Model S went airborne with a couple of fatalities. It was driver error, but the car is ridiculously fast.

The other part is FSD Beta is absolutely bunkers. So much so that we have no idea if its going to survive regulatory crackdown. It's absolutely important to the path Tesla has chosen towards autonomy, but regulatory bodies are going to be watching it like a hawk. There is no way it would fly in Europe, and even Canada might be tough for Tesla to get approval from.
That airborne Plaid incident happened 2 miles from my home. My best friend was the fire lieutenant who was in charge of that scene. He told me all the inside scoop, and unfortunately showed me the pictures of the accident. The owner of that Plaid was behind the driver, who was his buddy that he decided to let drive his Plaid for the 1st time for a launch in a 25 mph zone in a residential neighborhood. The driver floored it not knowing he was driving towards a stop sign where you have to turn left or right. So basically at 110 mph he went through the Stop sign and hit a huge mound of dirt in an empty lot that acted as a ramp which sent the car flying into the lot behind it. Unfortunately, that lot has a home on it and a 60 ish year old lady and her dog 🐕 were hit by the airborne Plaid. They both died. Guess who else died... the owner of the Plaid in the back seat behind the friend he was letting try out his new car. The owner of the car didn't die from the crash landing into the house, but from something inside the house that fell on him and crushed him. God bless the fire departments because I couldn't look at those pictures for 2 seconds, much less show up and respond like the professionals they are. Toxicology hasn't been released on the driver that I know of, but he was arrested and charged with manslaughter. If it would of been any other manufacturer, the story would of barely made the local news. Lame ass MSM

These cars were silently excluded by Tesla, for some unknown reason.

I think the reason was simply that the new generation infotainment used in 2021 LR/Plaid lives in a different branch. When you need to pick one priority target, they sensible picked MCU2 based cars.

Allowing 2021 LR/Plaid cars to sign up to safety score was obviously a mistake that led to upsetting owners of those top-end cars. Quite understandable mistake IMO - could just be that they planned to have that ready in time for 10.2, but bumped to some UI issues at the last minute and postponed merging FSD beta to the new gen infotainment branch.

That airborne Plaid incident happened 2 miles from my home. My best friend was the fire lieutenant who was in charge of that scene. He told me all the inside scoop, and unfortunately showed me the pictures of the accident. The owner of that Plaid was behind the driver, who was his buddy that he decided to let drive his Plaid for the 1st time for a launch in a 25 mph zone in a residential neighborhood. The driver floored it not knowing he was driving towards a stop sign where you have to turn left or right. So basically at 110 mph he went through the Stop sign and hit a huge mound of dirt in an empty lot that acted as a ramp which sent the car flying into the lot behind it. Unfortunately, that lot has a home on it and a 60 ish year old lady and her dog 🐕 were hit by the airborne Plaid. They both died. Guess who else died... the owner of the Plaid in the back seat behind the friend he was letting try out his new car. The owner of the car didn't die from the crash landing into the house, but from something inside the house that fell on him and crushed him. God bless the fire departments because I couldn't look at those pictures for 2 seconds, much less show up and respond like the professionals they are. Toxicology hasn't been released on the driver that I know of, but he was arrested and charged with manslaughter. If it would of been any other manufacturer, the story would of barely made the local news. Lame ass MSM

What accident is this, I haven’t heard about this one….

What accident is this, I haven’t heard about this one….

Reactions: qdeathstar
Always if it's about a Tesla, it's in the headline, any other manufacturer, they say "a car"

Reactions: impastu
In the Beta request button they should have a fourth checkmark where you check that you're single.

So far the spousal acceptance rate seems to be REALLY low.
Seriously, my wife threatened to get out of the car and walk the rest of the way home (1/2 mile). The straw that broke the camel's back for her was when the car made a sudden right into a gas station - even though, the next turn was supposed to be a left turn in a 1/2 mile.

Alright, here is my shill video:

It’s in two parts because I don’t know how to edit videos. I let the car pick its own destination for the first 20 minutes. The video is only 4 hours long so make sure to watch the entire thing. I do an unprotected left toward the end of the first video.

@qdeathstar First, thank you posting a “real” person’s video of the Beta FSD experience! 🥰

Second, thanks for the “jebinc” and “no shill’s video” references in your first clip!

Given your trips were at night, on several unmarked roads (with lots of dips), I think it did okay - given the state of development! 🤩 We all have to train the NN and that’s why we agreed to be beta tester’s, right?

Next time you’re out, shoot us a vid of the main screen with visualizations, if you would. But, before you do, invest in a mount as I was getting mildly nauseous every time the camera flipped down! 🤣

Keep the letters, cards and Vids coming, all!

Had 100 thru part of Fri. Had a previous planned road trip last Fri. Last hr segment of it I had a hard braking that took me to 99 for the day. Argh.
May have answered the question of if the midday no Safety Score access was around the time of Tesla taking all the scores for the FSD Beta invite. I had 100 before that downtime and 99 after that downtime. I never got an invite.

I got my score back to 100 Sat as I only needed ~50 miles so I took a highway trip while everyone went to bed.

Score is back to 99 now as mid-morning drives on the Blue Ridge Parkway has shadows and some sharp turns that have caused bogus FCW for non-existiant things like a rock on the hill side or something on a corner. Also have seen some bogus hard braking in the area I'm staying the steep up/*down* hills as the normal part of their road system. I'm sure I'm exceeding the G forces as I apply the brakes at stopsign since regen can't slow the car down enough.

Reactions: impastu
Alright, here is my shill video:

It’s in two parts because I don’t know how to edit videos. I let the car pick its own destination for the first 20 minutes. The video is only 4 hours long so make sure to watch the entire thing. I do an unprotected left toward the end of the first video.
Looks pretty comparable to all of the "shills" posting beta vids, to me.

Reactions: qdeathstar
Any 99% got their beta FSD today?

LOL Ain't gonna happen. Sorry fellas. Enjoy your limited "wanna be" FSD. BTW, Ima gonna write to the secretary of defense and suggest getting rid of radar on all of nuclear subs and go Vision only. God.. what a great idea.

By the way, with NHTSA on it's a##, Tesla will have to hold until Nov. 1st.

Oh yeah. Phantom braking still exists on AP. And ya'll wishing 10.2 is going to a game changer. LOL. wake up people. Revisit this post when in few weeks EM will state that beta FSD to more tester will halt citing some poor excuses. Revisit this post when Tesla will want to charge previous owners for HW4 upgrade, HW5 upgrade, HW6 upgrade. Let's not forget eventually combining vision/radar in the process, as well as mandatory camera upgrade.

God you guys are so gullible. LOL. Class action lawsuit, here we come.

Any 99% got their beta FSD today?

LOL Ain't gonna happen. Sorry fellas. Enjoy your limited "wanna be" FSD. BTW, Ima gonna write to the secretary of defense and suggest getting rid of radar on all of nuclear subs and go Vision only. God.. what a great idea.

By the way, with NHTSA on it's a##, Tesla will have to hold until Nov. 1st.

Oh yeah. Phantom braking still exists on AP. And ya'll wishing 10.2 is going to a game changer. LOL. wake up people. Revisit this post when in few weeks EM will state that beta FSD to more tester will halt citing some poor excuses. Revisit this post when Tesla will want to charge previous owners for HW4 upgrade, HW5 upgrade, HW6 upgrade. Let's not forget eventually combining vision/radar in the process, as well as mandatory camera upgrade.

God you guys are so gullible. LOL. Class action lawsuit, here we come.

You've posted similar posts multiple times in this thread. Why you here? Lol

I was going to make a similar post!! When I come home from work, I take an exit off the interstate and it goes into a pretty wide traffic stop. I need to turn left but FSD wouldn't make it into the left and instead would try to turn right. I disengaged and hit the record button the past 3 days. Today, it didnt try to turn into the right side lanes; it actually got into the left turn lane. But then when the light turned green, the car tried to swerve rightwards so I disengaged again and hit record. Hope someone is feeding these recordings into NN and teaching it!
Or maybe just random. Log it, and present results after a 1000 tries. Probably some quite different outcomes, maybe 100 of one and 300 of the other etc.