Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah. I mean ANY reasonable person who read this tweet:

"FSD Beta 10.2 rolls out Friday midnight to ~1000 owners with perfect 100/100 safety scores."

Would assume it refers to the SINGLE GIANT NUMBER you see when you open Safety Score in the app. But again, I'm not counting my chickens yet......
Well, here’s the thing. It says scores. Not score. As in plural. As in multiple scores. like Elon gets. Not like you get. NO BETA FOR YOU!

Fudge it! LOL! I was going to do a midnight drive tonight just in case you needed 7 out of the last seven days driving. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I have 100, I've driven 13 out of 14 days, my Y stays parked until Saturday morning with FSD Beta enabled. LOL!
Yea, I would not go out driving around looking for problems. I did that the second day out and I got a 98 😬

right now I’m at 100 with one day to go.

Reactions: Nakk and impastu
My perfect 100 score was ruined yesterday after 83 miles of driving.... got dinged for 2 BS things that weren't my fault and now my overall score is rounded up to 99. To get back to 100, I would need to drive 241 more miles today by midnight with a perfect 100. Seems unlikely. I should have just parked the damn car yesterday. :(

Dang @diplomat33 i thought you’d be a 100 percent every day type of driver….

Yes, I should be. I am driving like a grandma. LOL. I am driving like 4 cars lengths behind everybody. and taking turns at like 20 mph to avoid aggressive turning. But sadly, I had a couple forced disengagements that gave me 2 unsafe follow times as you can see from my screenshots where I have the two peaks in the graph. In one case, I was driving on the highway on NOA. I was in the passing lane when a semi truck, oblivious to me, decided to start merging into my lane so I had to disengage, slam on the brakes to avoid a collision.

edLeFP0.png

Reactions: Phlier and impastu
I am driving like 4 cars lengths behind everybody.
To correct the unsafe follow - you have to put in time following between 1 & 3 seconds. If its more than 3 seconds - it won't count.

ps : Just to be clear, this need to be done on the same day - since after that the avg is just based on mileage for the day (?)

Last edited:
Here are my daily drives so far:

Day 1: Score = 99, 15 miles
Day 2: Score = 100, 10 miles
Day 3: Score = 100, 20 miles
Day 4: Score = 93, 49 miles
Day 5: Score = 100, 4 miles
Day 6: Score = 97, 36 miles
Day 7: Score = 100, 13 miles
Day 8: Score = 94, 10 miles
Day 9: Score = 100, 6 miles
Day 10: Score = 100, 11 miles
Day 11: Score = 99, 36 miles
Day 12: Score = 100, 11 miles
Day 13: Score = 100, 33 miles
Day 14: Score = 100, 3 miles

Total Score = 98
Total miles = 257 miles

Reactions: qdeathstar
Total Score = 98
Total miles = 257 miles

If you are planning to correct today for an earlier day's unsafe follow - I think you just need to drive a lot of miles. I think only on the same day - it would help if you follow at the right distance. You can check using the spreadsheet ...

BTW, we don't know at what time they will snapshot the scores.

Here are my daily drives so far:

Day 1: Score = 99, 15 miles
Day 2: Score = 100, 10 miles
Day 3: Score = 100, 20 miles
Day 4: Score = 93, 49 miles
Day 5: Score = 100, 4 miles
Day 6: Score = 97, 36 miles
Day 7: Score = 100, 13 miles
Day 8: Score = 94, 10 miles
Day 9: Score = 100, 6 miles
Day 10: Score = 100, 11 miles
Day 11: Score = 99, 36 miles
Day 12: Score = 100, 11 miles
Day 13: Score = 100, 33 miles
Day 14: Score = 100, 3 miles

Total Score = 98
Total miles = 257 miles
You need to drive about 900 more miles today to get to 100 (you're at 97.8 or so).

Your unsafe following scores, as mentioned, are due to you using NOA. Rack up safe following time at 2-3 seconds following distance outside of NOA/AP. As long as you're below 5% for the day it really doesn't matter much to the score. But getting to 1% with more than 10 minutes of freeway/highway driving is pretty easy. You really don't need to worry about people cutting you off, as long as you have banked the good following time. Engage TACC if you can in those situations, or take the L and don't stress about it. It doesn't really matter to the score.

The hard braking is a no-no of course but definitely take that instead of an FCW!