Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like where your heads at. Similarly, if you take the 1st, 5th and 9th word in his tweet, add them together, that gives you 14. (14 - 5) - 9 = 1, which is the first day of the week (Monday).

Secondly (most important point), you’re able to spell out Mon from his tweet by ALSO using the 1st, 5th and 9th word of his tweet, but NOT Tue. Therefore, using a similar science, I can conclude that Beta will be available at 00:01 Mon Oct 11th, 2022.

View attachment 719866
Sorry, but you're going to have to re-do the math. You didn't take into consideration that Elon Musk's Zodiac sign is Cancer. But anyone can make a mistake; it's not that you made the mistake, it's how you recover from it. I mean, after all, even God himself forgot to make the Graviton, and things still worked out pretty well.

I believe he had just returned to Texas (from his trip to Europe), when he tweeted this. Given the time (2 a.m.), it would be odd for him to say "tomorrow night" (meaning Monday night) when he hadnt gone to sleep yet on Saturday night. In other words, if he meant Monday night, then he would have said "Monday night."

Plus, he usually refers to late night (after midnight but before sunrise) on day X as being day X (as opposed to day Y).

With that all being said, I do find it humorous (and sad) that we are all so anxious that we are attempting to parse the words of a tweet that Elon probably didn't give a second thought to - in terms of all of the different iterations of what it could mean.

I think 10.2 will ship tonight, and here's my entirely-speculation-based explanation why:

Based on a tweet shared by dckiwi on the Safety Score thread, it appears Elon landed in Texas around 12:30am Texas time, and sent that nebulous tweet roughly 1.5 hours later. I'm guessing he had scheduled an update from the FSD development team for right after he landed, because 1.5 hours feels about right for having a 30-60 minute meeting plus logistics of going wherever he went immediately after landing. The FSD team (in California) could have told him something like "we'll be ready to deploy by the end of the day tomorrow", and for those CA-based developers, it would be 11pm or so on Saturday as they said this. So, it's possible Elon sent the Tweet right after the end of that meeting, and he was more or less quoting the timeline given to him, which would mean he was saying it would be deployed California's tomorrow as of a few minutes earlier, meaning Sunday night.

Reactions: ChimpledPot
Well, I just completed my 160 mile driving gauntlet trip, which involved accidents, road construction, chip sealing, car on fire, line painting and heavy traffic. The trip took more than twice as long as it normally does; 160 miles took over 4 hours to complete today.....Geeeeeezzzzzzzzzz..... However, my overall score remains 100, SO I MADE IT (so far). Still have about 10 miles to do today, before parking the car...... Thankfully, there is a wifi connection at the destination.
Well, Just returned home with a 160 mile drive. Overall score still 100, so the Plaid is parked for the duration - day-by-day details below. Will drive the MYP until the deed is done!

@Phlier

Final Score.JPG

So if I got this right, the FSD Beta will be no steering wheel (or yoke) nag correct?
Nope, probably more nags if anything. The wheel nags will continue until the eye nag is deemed sufficient--probably won't happen. IMHO both of the nags will continue until L3 or better is achieved. Also my opinion, I think that's the right way to do it.

I’m just beginning a long-planned road trip this weekend. If Tesla delays until Monday, the spreadsheet shows that I have a good chance of upgrading from 99 to 💯 on my safety score.

I feel they are definitely making the right decision…
Well, I’m out. While on autopilot, I waited a bit too long to request a lane change and it buzzed and dinged me for a close following violation. I ended up at what the spreadsheet calculates to be 99.32 on a total of 1,252 miles. There is no way I can fix that without driving ~500 miles for no other reason.

I joined the FSD Beta request queue early a couple of weeks ago and my 99 safety score should be solidly dialed-in now so I’m going to be in the 2nd round sometime reasonably soon.

Reactions: edseloh
Well, I’m out. While on autopilot, I waited a bit too long to request a lane change and it buzzed and dinged me for a close following violation. I ended up at what the spreadsheet calculates to be 99.32 on a total of 1,252 miles. There is no way I can fix that without driving ~500 miles for no other reason.

I joined the FSD Beta request queue early a couple of weeks ago and my 99 safety score should be solidly dialed-in now so I’m going to be in the 2nd round sometime reasonably soon.
That sucks royally, I had to take the MYP out today and just did a reset before parking so I wokld ding my 100. This was the first time I did a reset but I didn’t want to risk dropping the score, i have about 900 miles driven to obtain the 100

Reactions: Jeff N
Why ? You know its very immature software that needs constant attention, right ?
1. Because the sample group they have chosen and will choose is extremely small and proven responsible.
2. The nag is more distracting than not.
3. The company has been bragging for years of cross California FSD trips with few or no interactions. Grabbing the wheel every 15 seconds is in fact an interaction or it ends.
4. If I knew the answer i wouldn’t have asked it. ;)

Reactions: ChimpledPot
Nope, probably more nags if anything. The wheel nags will continue until the eye nag is deemed sufficient--probably won't happen. IMHO both of the nags will continue until L3 or better is achieved. Also my opinion, I think that's the right way to do it.
I wouldn't mind the nag if it worked well. I keep at least one, usually two hands on the wheel at all times. Sometimes I get nagged every 30 seconds.

So others have said keep your hands down in the 5(?) or 7(?) o'clock position. I admit that does work better but not a lot better. And in my opinion that is a worse place to keep your hands from an effective use/safety position. Also maybe they were wrong, but over the years, the 'experts' have said NOT to grip the wheel tightly as it promotes fatigue. So keep the torque nag if you want. Just make it work.