Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reading these reviews, when I get the Beta I'm not sure I even want to try it (I have a 92 driver score so it will be a while). I wonder how much money we will all get when the class action lawsuit settles?
Yes, but City Street steering is coming by year's end! So we don't need no Beta...OH WAIT!!! They just decided that is misleading apparently after years of that statement on their website and app for buying FSD...now it just says "COMING SOON". Yeah, Elon's idea of coming soon is 2 weeks and we know that is actually 2yrs or never.

Anywho...I would like to thank the morning commuters of Tampa this morning for giving me a 93 on today's commute all for hard braking due to dive bombers and jackwits...should have double wheeled it knowing I was going to get dinged...back down to a 97 now. Unreal. Half of the hard braking is the AP and vision system BTW....can't believe how bad 32.22 is compared to 4.21.3.

Sounds like Beta is more garbage anyway..don't seem to be missing much.

Reactions: jebinc
really? I had a bunch of hard brake disengagements and i have no dings.
I wonder if it matters how you drop out of FSD. If you drop out with the brake pedal, maybe it ignores the hard braking. But if you drop out with the stalk or the steering wheel, maybe it counts the hard braking? I got a hard braking ding and I'm really not even sure it was me that did the hard braking, but I will have to pay attention going forward to figure that out.

First drive impressions. I now have even more appreciation for the original FSD beta testers knowing the early versions they drove were significantly worse then 10.2. A mixed bag with several disengagements. At my first unprotected left visibility was somewhat blocked and it asked me to initiate the turn. This type of turn is typical in my area and worries me that the B pillar camera is simply not far enough forward since there is very limited room at this intersection to creep forward. No matter how much FSD software can be improved I'm not convinced Tesla can over come camera placement and the heating necessary to keep the cameras clean in a wet snow storm. When the Model Y came out with no changes to the cameras I was not surprised but disappointed. Todays drive just reinforced my opinion. At an intersection with a car waiting to turn left FSD tried to go around the car but with limited room and a guard rail on the right FSD disengaged. Overall probably less capable then I thought and for now will use FSD when I'm the only person in the car. I wouldn't call it scary but definitely unpredictable.

Last edited:
Reading these reviews, when I get the Beta I'm not sure I even want to try it (I have a 92 driver score so it will be a while). I wonder how much money we will all get when the class action lawsuit settles?
Well, look at it this way...the more data from more testers will accelerate the end result - either success or Elon throwing in the towel. My opion followed the same arc of the great Woz during this interview:

I am pretty confident that someone in this topic will ge into an fsd accident before the day is done. Just gonna roll the dice and hope it’s not me. I left my car at work over the weekend so I won’t be able to try it until this afternoon. Hope they don’t roll it back before I get a chance to give it a go.
I have the same concern. This is definitely BETA and requires extreme vigilance. Need to make sure we are all alert, driving carefully, and helping the program forward. Be safe out there, everybody

Just throwing this out there...I got the update this morning and was surprised to see that I needed to go into the Autopilot menu to turn on both FSD Beta itself and the enhanced visualizations. I don't believe the release notes mentioned this. For those of you here posting of really erratic behavior, I wonder if you were just using plain old autosteer and didn't realize it?

That being said - I've only taken one 10 minute drive to work, and while it'll take me a while to learn what it's good/not so good at doing (just like NoAP), I have to say I was a bit disappointed. I live in Jerkwater PA, with fairly basic streets but lots of narrow, hilly and windy roads. It disengaged twice - once around an unmarked, fairly tight curve in the road, and another while trying to make a pretty simple left turn. Kinda weird. But still super exciting! I'll be even more excited to leave work today than usual :)

I am pretty confident that someone in this topic will ge into an fsd accident before the day is done. Just gonna roll the dice and hope it’s not me. I left my car at work over the weekend so I won’t be able to try it until this afternoon. Hope they don’t roll it back before I get a chance to give it a go.
I feel the same way. You have to be very, very careful. It will do some funky stuff. I hope this thing "learns" quickly!

Reactions: Brian6487
So the email does not say anything about maintaining our safety scores — am I off the hook now if I got the download ? Driving at 100 score has been exhausting for me… !

Also note from prior beta videos often by the 2nd time you go a route, FSD beta will learn/do better. Just wanted to remind people ..! Haven’t gotten in the car yet just reading up so I know what to expect before I go anywhere !

So the email does not say anything about maintaining our safety scores — am I off the hook now if I got the download ? Driving at 100 score has been exhausting for me… !

Also note from prior beta videos often by the 2nd time you go a route, FSD beta will learn/do better. Just wanted to remind people ..! Haven’t gotten in the car yet just reading up so I know what to expect before I go anywhere !
I got kicked out of FSD mode (it started beeping crazy and showed the red steering wheel and said take over immediately), I didn't get dinged for an Autopilot disengagement though.

I feel the same way. You have to be very, very careful. It will do some funky stuff. I hope this thing "learns" quickly!
My drive was great, but short. With that said I will not use it with my family in the car and I won’t be testing it to it’s limits. I’ll let the original beta testers do that since they have far more experience. I hope everyone takes it easy until they get very comfortable.

My drive was great, but short. With that said I will not use it with my family in the car and I won’t be testing it to it’s limits. I’ll let the original beta testers do that since they have far more experience. I hope everyone takes it easy until they get very comfortable.
I agree. I'm going to take it slow and deliberate until I am more comfortable with FSD and how it makes decisions.

Reactions: ahoen117 and Iain