Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the update this morning and was surprised to see that I needed to go into the Autopilot menu to turn on both FSD Beta itself and the enhanced visualizations.

Behavior is mostly the same on multi-lane high speed roads so far

Is the toggle switch a user profile setting as well. My wife will not be as adventurous and would get angry if she thought she was engaging AP on when she was engaging FSD.
I have the update waiting and need to understand a few more things before I press install. I understand I can turn on/off FSD, but can I get back to using autopilot as I always have? I use NOA but do not let it make auto lane changes. I’m 2000 miles from home and don’t want to drive back without autopilot that I’m used to.

Reactions: K5TRX and Driver08
Let's be real guys, FSD Beta is a turd. We've all mentally moved the goalposts so that it's "impressive" and yet it tries to drive the car through solid objects at least once per drive. I dropped $6k on it two years ago and basically the only useful thing out of it is the driver initiated auto lane change. I consider it money lit on fire at this point. I haven't driven the Beta yet due to my 92 driver score but at this rate the government will force the rollout to stop before I get access to it.
So you're writing off your entire investment because of a few third-party opinions of beta software? That's a bit premature I think...

I have the update waiting and need to understand a few more things before I press install. I understand I can turn on/off FSD, but can I get back to using autopilot as I always have? I use NOA but do not let it make auto lane changes. I’m 2000 miles from home and don’t want to drive back without autopilot that I’m used to.
So, turning off the beta will make AP "work" the same as before.

The difference is that AP/NOA is vision only even when you turn off FSD Beta.

Let's be real guys, FSD Beta is a turd. We've all mentally moved the goalposts so that it's "impressive" and yet it tries to drive the car through solid objects at least once per drive. I dropped $6k on it two years ago and basically the only useful thing out of it is the driver initiated auto lane change. I consider it money lit on fire at this point. I haven't driven the Beta yet due to my 92 driver score but at this rate the government will force the rollout to stop before I get access to it.
Do you have the beta?

The way I see it, if you drove 750 miles and give up now then you drove them for nothing. Might as well go all out and hit that 100, if it’s only a couple hundred miles away 😉
I drove those miles as part of a long-planned road trip unrelated to the FSD Beta. The timing and mileage just happened to be enough to push my safety score up to 100 if I was careful and lucky.

I finished the last driving segment after midnight and that’s where the unsafe following warning happened that kept my score under 99.5. I was too tired after arriving at my destination yesterday to feel up to driving hundreds of miles in order to unlock a 100 score before the end of the day.

What I forgot was that the unsafe following had happened after midnight so I could have fixed it with drastically fewer miles driven within the same day.

So anyway, I drove around doing a few errands Sunday. I went to the ATM, got lunch, visited a nearby supercharger, and went to Home Depot to buy a couple of things and then returned to my hotel.

It turns out that these few spare miles (maybe a dozen) were just barely enough to reduce my unsafe following factor for the day from 25% to 18.4% on a total of 255 miles (yes, I had arrived at my hotel at ~3am). This was just enough to nudge my daily score to 100 and this then brought my averaged safety score from 99.32, if Sunday had been a 99, to 98.52 since the daily score actually ended up at 100.

This is the safety score that I just woke up to today:

072BC0FF-FCAE-4E3B-A98B-477512B620D2.jpeg

Reactions: GSP and Brian6487
Still waiting here as well, but maybe it’s because I have a Plaid.

According to Teslafi the vast majority of installs of this release are on 3 and Y models, exactly 1 Model S got it but it’s an “old” 75D.
What horseshite if they decided to exclude yoke cars, such as the Plaid, and never told us - after having to drive the Plaid like. Yugoslav for the the past two plus weeks. Disappointing. 200 score and nothing as of 7:10am PDT.

What horseshite if they decided to exclude yoke cars, such as the Plaid, and never told us - after having to drive the Plaid like. Yugoslav for the the past two plus weeks. Disappointing. 200 score and nothing as of 7:10am PDT.
Nothing here. Yokes were definitely excluded if all 3 of us didn’t get it, including @MarcG

EDIT: Looking at Teslafi, not a single yoke car got the update.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Phlier
I just did a quick trip to the local 7-11 and it was insane. Maybe in a few days the novelty will wear off but it was crazy. Hopefully we will hear from seasoned beta drivers to see what’s new with 10.2
So, similar experience to the Parlor trick, Smart Summon, when it came out? Try it for a day or two and then never use it again ‘cause it’s just that, a parlor trick?

Reactions: arghx7
Keep us updated if it shows up today. I should hit over 100 miles on the drive home from the service center today or tomorrow. It’s super frustrating, don’t know why Elon couldnt have said minimum 100 miles weeks ago. My car was supposed to be at Service Center for a day and coming up on a week now, and when they realized there would be a delay they offered to let me have my car back or to take a loaner - thought I was in the clear! Had I known about the mileage limitation I wouldn’t have taken the loaner.
Super frustrating? :rolleyes:

Imagine how frustrated you'd be if you'd paid over $68k over the past 5 years for AP/FSD on a dozen different Teslas and had over 200k miles on Autopilot and didn't get it because you currently drive a Plaid with a measly score of 99. 😢

Last edited:
Nope. Radar cars still used radar until now afaik
Yep, I lost the visualization of the car in front of the car in front of me this morning. Had it yesterday. Honestly a little disappointed that I have a radar in my car that isn't being used, when it provided a useful function. I had a phantom brake this morning on my way to work. Had that exactly zero times over the last 3 years on my normal work commute. So, I'm not sure I buy into the idea that eliminating radar will decrease phantom braking. So far its made it much worse for me.

So from skimming through the thread since I was last on it at 3 AM I guess nobody with a Plaid has got it yet? It’s all turtle 3/Y. So annoying. This is my 5th Tesla I’ve paid for FSD on. I’ve been driving my plaid like a grandpa for two weeks and heck I have a turtle 3 laying around that I bought for my sister that has FSD but I have not put any miles on it and she’s not old enough to drive yet. Hell if I would’ve known the car I spent 150k on wouldn’t get it I would’ve drove that turd that only cost me 50k. Better come later today or I swear I’m ordering a lucid but I’m gonna take my plot out and get a zero score. Their my venting is done

So from skimming through the thread since I was last on it at 3 AM I guess nobody with a Plaid has got it yet? It’s all turtle 3/Y. So annoying. This is my 5th Tesla I’ve paid for FSD on. I’ve been driving my plaid like a grandpa for two weeks and heck I have a turtle 3 laying around that I bought for my sister that has FSD but I have not put any miles on it and she’s not old enough to drive yet. Hell if I would’ve known the car I spent 150k on wouldn’t get it I would’ve drove that turd that only cost me 50k. Better come later today or I swear I’m ordering a lucid but I’m gonna take my plot out and get a zero score. Their my venting is done
Yup exactly. Basically the people who pay the most get burned the most, as per usual with Tesla