Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope folks are sending in all this feedback to Tesla and not just posting on here! <3
What ?! I thought we had to just post here.

Anyway, I'll be sending the issues tracking sheet to Tesla. So, log the issues you see there.

I can't imagine that Tesla is unaware of these issues. They spend all day and night thinking about FSD, lanes, road geometry, list goes on and on and on. They also know the correct terminology to refer to each lane line, road sign, road markings, traffic situation, etc..

Their introductory email is a joke when it comes to issue reports. Just press camera button and email them the issue? No guidance about the detailed format (what kind of road / # of lanes / direction of travel / lead car vs not / relevant traffic controls / etc.) or what kinds of issues to report.

Has anyone gotten any response from them re: issues? I think it's mostly wasted effort.

What ?! I thought we had to just post here.

Anyway, I'll be sending the issues tracking sheet to Tesla. So, log the issues you see there.

That's awesome!! HAVE MY BABIES!

Btw - is it just me or does the freeway AP seem slightly worse now than before? Could be because it’s relying solely on vision now but during a freeway drive I took today I swear it wasn’t as “solid” as I remember from before. Wondering what others think?
Interesting. I'm having the exact opposite experience. AP on the freeway is so much better for me than it was. So much so that I thought maybe it was single stack now. AP no longer hunts for the lane when the lane gets really wide from a on ramp merging, it just tracks straight. There is one spot here where the freeway merges from two lanes to one with an on ramp merging as well and then immediately into a narrow one lane--each way--bridge with guard rails on each side. AP always screamed and gave up when confronted with this before. Now, it just drives and tracks smoothly right onto the bridge and then off as well. It handles interchanges much better as well. It still can't take the exit for Hwy 14 off of I205 North bound, even though the navigation correctly displays the exit.

Reactions: impastu
Interesting. I'm having the exact opposite experience. AP on the freeway is so much better for me than it was. So much so that I thought maybe it was single stack now. AP no longer hunts for the lane when the lane gets really wide from a on ramp merging, it just tracks straight. There is one spot here where the freeway merges from two lanes to one with an on ramp merging as well and then immediately into a narrow one lane--each way--bridge with guard rails on each side. AP always screamed and gave up when confronted with this before. Now, it just drives and tracks smoothly right onto the bridge and then off as well. It handles interchanges much better as well. It still can't take the exit for Hwy 14 off of I205 North bound, even though the navigation correctly displays the exit.

Ya, I think I prefer the 10.2 fsd beta highway experience. Now, it can take those short interchanges where it needs to change lanes within a short distance (prior to fsd beta, it just said "NoA is ending soon" and didn't chg lanes for me). I had several of those today, and it performed great (switched to fsd beta to make the lane chg and then switched back to highway NoA).

On the other hand, vision-only AP has more phantom braking on highway for me, vs radar.

I can't imagine that Tesla is unaware of these issues. They spend all day and night thinking about FSD, lanes, road geometry, list goes on and on and on. They also know the correct terminology to refer to each lane line, road sign, road markings, traffic situation, etc..

Their introductory email is a joke when it comes to issue reports. Just press camera button and email them the issue? No guidance about the detailed format (what kind of road / # of lanes / direction of travel / lead car vs not / relevant traffic controls / etc.) or what kinds of issues to report.

Has anyone gotten any response from them re: issues? I think it's mostly wasted effort.
I was thinking about this and it seems to me that they should know who everyone is. The car, not you, is actually in the beta. And the car has an email address (thanks for sharing). So if you hit the button and send a clip that they need more info on they can shoot an email off. If they haven't put those connections together, maybe it is time to start worrying.

We are helping prioritize the issues. We are also providing edge cases.

Every project I’ve worked on - there were always surprising issues users brought up that we knew about but thought unlikely to occur and deprioritized. Ofcourse there were new issues too.

Reactions: impastu
Map or not it should still stop. We have a recent post where someone reported FSD recognized a stop sign even though it was carried by a construction worker.
This stop sign has been there at least 3 years and it was in the visualization as a stop sign. There was absolutely nothing unusual about the sign placement.
Yes, the question is why didn’t it. May be it’s in the wrong spot in the map, causing some issue. Anyway a bug.

I was thinking about this and it seems to me that they should know who everyone is. The car, not you, is actually in the beta. And the car has an email address (thanks for sharing). So if you hit the button and send a clip that they need more info on they can shoot an email off. If they haven't put those connections together, maybe it is time to start worrying.
They have to plan for the human element(s), too. Most people aren't going to remember the details days (/weeks/months/...?) later when the clips that were submitted are reviewed and context is needed. Also, say your vehicle is in your spouse's name and e-mail address, but you are the only one that does beta testing. I should imagine there are spouses who would ignore or delete those e-mails requesting context without ever mentioning them, and that's without malice in the mix.

Does the car run in radarless vision mode even if you toggle off FSD beta in the settings? Kinda scared to cripple autopilot after reading all of the horror stories about high beam flashing and phantom breaking.
General consensus from earlier in this thread is you lose radar when you upgrade to the pre-release beta build. No ifs, ands, or buts.

I am curious if anyone has ever had to apply the brake when stopped at a red light or had a car directly in front of them. Meaning, the car just took off when it clearly shouldn't. It hasn't happened to me once, but it's the main reason I keep my foot hovering over the brake at every stop. I would like to relax at these stops and would like any feedback. Thanks!

We are helping prioritize the issues. We are also providing edge cases.

Every project I’ve worked on - there were always surprising issues users brought up that we knew about but thought unlikely to occur and deprioritized. Ofcourse there were new issues too.

Yup, I would snapshot and report surprising or unintuitive situations as well. But not things like "car is too far to the left on this road" or "consistently doesn't make this T intersection" or "doesn't squeeze between cars to make right turn." Etc.

If I had to dodge a tricycle on the road, I'd snapshot that and email them. Otherwise, I'd just snapshot any routine issues I encounter (like 10.2 wanted to proceed with unprotected right while car was u-turning in front of me).

I have been including my VIN with every email just in case!

If you're not using the email address associated with the owner account of the car, then they have no way to associate/join your email address to the car, so including a VIN (or some other unique identifier associated with your account, like the owner email address) becomes essential, IMO.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier