Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki MASTER THREAD: Actual FSD Beta downloads and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone gotten to 99-100 score over 100 miles this morning and gotten either FSD Beta 10.2 or 10.3? I just hit a score of 100 over 100 miles driven (after a reset yesterday) but no update yet. Sounds like with the issues from the 10.3 update leading to phantom FCW and braking I am not sure I want it until this issue is resolved.
I hit 100 Points and 100 Miles yesterday and no FSD. It seems Tesla stops the extra FSD upgrades each time there is an update so they can get some real world experience first. In the case of 10.3 it sound like this was wise.

Reactions: Bruin1996
Any time the obvious meat computer-killing AEB/FCW bug was not active, 10.3 seemed more competent than 10.2. However, even with those improvements, I hope Tesla will quickly prioritize:

• near-center driving on residential roads without lane lines, even if there are no parked cars on the sides. It basically plays chicken with oncoming traffic. yes it will correct without colliding, but the oncoming car doesn't know that. After watching one car swerve and stop, I felt obligated to disengage anytime oncoming traffic was within a few hundred feet.
  • Drifting well left of center at intersections without lane lines. If you let it do its thing at such an intersection, people cannot pass in the opposite direction.
  • Swerving left when merging on the highway. I know this is a long-standing AP bug, but it's still a frustrating fail in an otherwise intervention-free drive.
On the plus side, I had stopped emergency vehicles on my side of the road in my neighborhood today. 10.3 gave them a wide berth.

This was with NO AP/FSD enabled…that was the scariest part. Literally out of nowhere my wife and I were thrust against the seat belts with cars behind swerving and braking to avoid us.
Same for me. I will be taking back roads at low speeds tomorrow for sure. I'm so thankful that I didn't get rear ended today, it was very scary.
It's the weekend. We shouldn't expect PR/legal to work on the weekend, just the FSD engineers
If engineering has to work on the weekend and push out new builds, then I'd expect someone else in the company to be able to respond when things go wrong. Just because something is in beta doesn't mean that the users shouldn't receive official communications about problems. It'd eliminate a lot of false information and rumors if they just sent out a quick email stating their planned approach or what we should expect.

1635123052529.gif

Any time the obvious meat computer-killing AEB/FCW bug was not active, 10.3 seemed more competent than 10.2. However, even with those improvements, I hope Tesla will quickly prioritize:

• near-center driving on residential roads without lane lines, even if there are no parked cars on the sides. It basically plays chicken with oncoming traffic. yes it will correct without colliding, but the oncoming car doesn't know that. After watching one car swerve and stop, I felt obligated to disengage anytime oncoming traffic was within a few hundred feet.
  • Drifting well left of center at intersections without lane lines. If you let it do its thing at such an intersection, people cannot pass in the opposite direction.
  • Swerving left when merging on the highway. I know this is a long-standing AP bug, but it's still a frustrating fail in an otherwise intervention-free drive.
On the plus side, I had stopped emergency vehicles on my side of the road in my neighborhood today. 10.3 gave them a wide berth.
Yeah agree with those. Mine was swerving left of center when in the left lane and swerving right of center when in the right lane when crossing intersections. No real change from 10.2

I set the mode to “assertive” and it didn’t feel any more assertive than 10.2. Still had to nudge it through stop signs and even green lights in many cases, with or without other cars around

Reactions: impastu
OK, so I just went into my car and checked. After briefly having 10.3 reverted and then apparently re-reverted... now I too have AEB and FCW disabled in my settings. Can't say I'm real happy that was done with no notification.

Predicting another update in the next day or two.

That said... I'm still keeping perspective. We are participating in beta test for an historic full-self driving vehicle. There's going to be hiccups. Think about the stories you'll tell your grandkids. (Assuming you survive this and live to meet them, of course).

I usally always drive on the middle on residential steets. I think the car should just move over sooner is the problem

I wonder if for folks where Tesla remotely disabled settings without telling them, is Tesla keeping track of what the user's settings were previously so they can restore them on a fixed build? Or could people end up unknowingly driving their car with AEB disabled forever, none the wiser? (I bet it's the latter). I wouldn't even bother to check the settings if I didn't read about it on here.

I usally always drive on the middle on residential steets. I think the car should just move over sooner is the problem
On narrow streets where 2 cars barely pass each other, yeah, but on wider streets it really needs to stay to the right. There’s one near me that is wide enough for 3 cars side by side, maybe almost 4, and it still insists on driving close to the middle. Imagine your left wheels on the imaginary yellow line, or just past it, and that’s how it places itself out here

On narrow streets where 2 cars barely pass each other, yeah, but on wider streets it really needs to stay to the right. There’s one near me that is wide enough for 3 cars side by side, maybe almost 4, and it still insists on driving close to the middle. Imagine your left wheels on the imaginary yellow line, or just past it, and that’s how it places itself out here
I usually drive on the middle to avoid park cars and then just move over when another car comes by. My street is pretty wide.

I was driving today thinking how much I manually control the steering wheel to avoid potholes. California is pothole heaven especially in the rainy seasons. As a personal preference I would choose driving on city streets myself over swapping my wheels back to 19’s. I would hate to pop a tire or bend a rim.

I still have FSD and except for the frequent phantom slowdowns did have one positive note. I took an exit off the highway that NoA has always taken way too fast and is a bit scary but FSD did a great job. Very surprised. Slowed appropriately before the exit and did really well on the ramp. Now to try that on another sharp exit with limited visibility and see if FSD 10.3 actually do a better job at sharp highway exits?

Reactions: jebinc
Two different issues.

I'm not talking about FSD going offline and not coming back... I'm talking about spurious FCW's that popped up in 10.2 that got worse in 10.3... at least, for the short amount of time that 10.3 was available.
Yes… there are two different issues here… The erroneous FCW/other alerts, but the “cruise control unavailable“ along with no AP/FSD is similar…

I wonder if for folks where Tesla remotely disabled settings without telling them, is Tesla keeping track of what the user's settings were previously so they can restore them on a fixed build? Or could people end up unknowingly driving their car with AEB disabled forever, none the wiser? (I bet it's the latter)
For AEB there’s normally no way to turn it off persistently. I suspect it is now persistently disabled though I have not checked. Otherwise it would just enable on every drive so they must have changed the default.

For the others, they are somewhat less important (there is still emergency lane departure assist) but yeah I hope they are monitoring people’s settings. It seems like there would be no reason they could not track this.