Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2022 Orders - when is your delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My delivery date is set for 12/14. Today, on 12/9, my MVPA updated to include the $3750 plus tax credit. I set up the Plaid link to my bank - it appears Chase fully supports Plaid integration. It linked using my Chase app, and I didn't have to provide credentials separately. In addition, Chase provides Plaid with unique bank account numbers that link to my actual account numbers. I didn't do the final payment yet though - I will do that on day of pickup.

Finally Pickup day is here. After moving the delivery appointment 3 times due to delay in getting the car from the Rail Yard to the delivery center, got a message yesterday to move up the date to today.

Will report back on the experience after i get back with the car

So pickup was very smooth. Walked in about 10 mins before scheduled appointment and they were ready for me. All the things in the App were already completed and payment was wired already. They just made a copy of my DL and asked me to go check out the car by myself. Inside and Out.

Everything looked ok. Not as much of a Panel Gap Issue as I was bracing myself for. The 2 parts of the rear lights could have been a couple of mms closer but it was not too bad. There was some kid of Paint or Grease drops that dried and hardened near the handle on the Passenger door. none of these were enough for me to reject the car and walk away. So went back in and accepted delivery. Was asked to go setup Phone Key etc.. 5 mins later the DA was out with the number plate, Few signatures and Im on my way within 20 mins of arriving.

USS - NO. I cant see any of them on the front or rear bumper and I was not asked to sign any waiver for that today or anytime after the VIN was assigned.
Cargo shelf - YES,
Matrix Headlights - YES

Reactions: tyler_k1
I have my pickup date 21 Dec. Happy but.....Tesla remove the radar hardware in favor of clear vision. Now we find out that cars coming in Jan-Feb time frame Tesla will have the new radar installed because they could not get it to work with clear vision. My question is, what happens to people like us, will they install the radar later? I ordered the car for many reasons, one of them was smart summons options.

I have my pickup date 21 Dec. Happy but.....Tesla remove the radar hardware in favor of clear vision. Now we find out that cars coming in Jan-Feb time frame Tesla will have the new radar installed because they could not get it to work with clear vision. My question is, what happens to people like us, will they install the radar later? I ordered the car for many reasons, one of them was smart summons options.
I took delivery this month with no radar and same for MY last may. Summons has worked in the other car. Without USS I don’t have summons on the new car yet. But my experience is that the feature is coming in a software update as advertised.

As for the rest of it, technology advances rapidly and I know I won’t always have access to the latest.

Reactions: Joe Schmoe88

I'm right there with you. I picked mine up on Monday (more detail on that later.) When driving you see other vehicles on the display, so the cameras are working and they see moving vehicles in front of the car. But the car does not see stationary objects, at least not at slow speed. Not my garage door, the side walls of my garage, the wall I park in front of, nor does it see poles and other items that we need to avoid in parking lots.

I sat up Monday night worrying about this, after driving it home. I don't know that the new HD radar will be available Jan-Feb. I've read that it may come with HW4, which is still being developed as far as I know. (And yes, I knew about this and signed the agreement.)

So Elon will need to do something about this. All those people waiting until January to get the tax break will get the non-USS vehicles, and I expect a lot of complaints coming to Tesla. Maybe he can add warnings of near objects detected by the cameras, since, you know, the cameras are the thing with him.

But - there are no warnings at all. Perhaps a two-month-old Model Y with USS would be a better deal.

After some research, I just learned that clear vision is different, it is for enhance Auto driving. It appears that the cameras are in (upgrade from 1.2 to 5mega
I'm right there with you. I picked mine up on Monday (more detail on that later.) When driving you see other vehicles on the display, so the cameras are working and they see moving vehicles in front of the car. But the car does not see stationary objects, at least not at slow speed. Not my garage door, the side walls of my garage, the wall I park in front of, nor does it see poles and other items that we need to avoid in parking lots.

I sat up Monday night worrying about this, after driving it home. I don't know that the new HD radar will be available Jan-Feb. I've read that it may come with HW4, which is still being developed as far as I know. (And yes, I knew about this and signed the agreement.)

So Elon will need to do something about this. All those people waiting until January to get the tax break will get the non-USS vehicles, and I expect a lot of complaints coming to Tesla. Maybe he can add warnings of near objects detected by the cameras, since, you know, the cameras are the thing with him.

But - there are no warnings at all. Perhaps a two-month-old Model Y with USS would be a better deal.
I been reading a lot, I must admit, hard to find info. Seems like clear vision is for enhance driving (summons, parking distant etc...) The camera have been upgrade from 1.2 to 5 mega pixels in preparation for HW4. The radar is for Full driving, in which I am not interest yet. But seems like the car is already wired for it. Just my opinion from what I summarized. I wonder what if the December cars already has the radar, but we just have not found it yet. We all know Tesla, they say next week and it means 12 weeks, they say next months and they mean 6 months. and I read sources the update might be going to the S models first. Good luck everyone. My car comes in Dec 21.

OK, got my car today! Below is my final full history:

Ordered May 2022: MYLR, Blue/White, 19”, Tow, FSD, Maryland

Estimated Delivery Dates:
(5/19) Nov 2022 - Feb 2023 (4 months)
(6/30) Dec 8 - Feb 2 (8 weeks)
(8/23) Dec 16 - Jan 27 (6 weeks)
(9/15) Nov 13 - Dec 18 (5 weeks)
(9/22) Nov 24 - Jan 5 (6 weeks)
(9/27) Nov 19 - Dec 24 (5 weeks)
(10/13) Dec 2022 (4+ weeks)
(10/15) Dec 15 - Dec 31 (2+ weeks)
(10/27) Dec 28 - Dec 31 (3 days)
(11/02) Dec 4 - Dec 31 (4 weeks)
(11/11) Received text “…expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.”
(11/16) Dec 5 - Dec 31 (4 weeks)
(11/25) Received text “…expect your Model Y VIN to be assigned in the next 1-2 weeks.”
(11/27) Received text “…you can trade in your current vehicle…”
(12/1) Received text and call “Do you have a vehicle you would like to receive a trade valuation for?”
(12/2) Received text about $3750 Discount for deliveries in December.
(12/4) Dec 9 - Dec 23 (2 weeks)
(12/4) Received VIN: 7SAYGDEE6PF612xxx
(12/4) Accepted no USS, uploaded proof of insurance
(12/4) Dec 9 - Dec 18 (9 days)
(12/5) Received text vehicle expected to arrive December 11, pick-up a few days after
(12/6) Received text to schedule delivery, options Dec 13 - Dec 15. Selected Dec 14.
(12/9) $3750 Discount reflected in MVPA and Payoff amounts
(12/14) Picked up vehicle. Mfg 11/22. ODO 7 miles. Software v11.0 2022.40.200
No USS
No Matrix
Old cameras
Yes trunk cover

Supercharging miles confirmed, received automated text just now:

Customers who take delivery of a new Model Y this month will receive $3,750 toward their order as well as 10,000 free Supercharging miles.

Excited for you to get behind the wheel of your new Tesla.

Supercharging miles confirmed, received automated text just now:

Customers who take delivery of a new Model Y this month will receive $3,750 toward their order as well as 10,000 free Supercharging miles.

Excited for you to get behind the wheel of your new Tesla.
As someone who just took delivery on 12/14, I fear I'm left out of the 10K free Supercharging miles. Sucks, because I had delivery options of Dec 13 - Dec 15, so I could have had the 10K miles!

Makes me wonder if they'll add yet another incentive for 12/26 - 12/31 to push those final remaining vehicles off the lot!

As someone who just took delivery on 12/14, I fear I'm left out of the 10K free Supercharging miles. Sucks, because I had delivery options of Dec 13 - Dec 15, so I could have had the 10K miles!

Makes me wonder if they'll add yet another incentive for 12/26 - 12/31 to push those final remaining vehicles off the lot!
The message says “this month“ so will you be getting it. I hope so. Anyways you will know on Jan 06 or thereabouts on your App.