Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

May 2022 Orders - when is your delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys, do you know if those model Y due in Dec 2022 are the 2023 models? I know Tesla does not go back model year, but I hear some of the model Y coming out are labeled 2023 models.
Welcome to the forums. A quick search may help you research the topic, but I’ll add my two cents to your question.

Short Answer - no one knows..

Long Answer - from what we know there are 2023 VINs being assigned now, however because Tesla doesn’t officially release calendar year cars it will be luck of the draw as Q4 comes to a close. Odds of a 2023 Model increase as time goes on and if you’ve not received a VIN chances are you may be in for a 2023.

However if someone declines a 2022, or if your 2022 has been sitting on a factory lot waiting for a part, odds increase you’ll get the 2022.

Hope that helps.

Guys, do you know if those model Y due in Dec 2022 are the 2023 models? I know Tesla does not go back model year, but I hear some of the model Y coming out are labeled 2023 models.
Very, very small chance you would get a 2022 car in December. 2023 production for Model Y started 3rd week of October. All cars built since then are 2023.

The only way to get a 2022 is if it has been sitting around somewhere waiting for a part or was rejected by a few customers in a row. I just can't see that happening in December with 1.5-2 months of 2023 production already by that time.

• Helpful
Reactions: smallindiana
Yesterday I got the following text message:

Reminder - prepare for your Model Y delivery by providing trade-in details. Complete your pre-delivery tasks for xxx in the Tesla app.

Today, I got this:

Tesla Update - great news! Your Model Y (xxx) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.

We will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.

In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app.

I've received the first message before--it seems to drop a week or so before the beginning of your EDD window--but this is the first time I've seen the one I received today.

My EDD continues to slide around a bit, now 12/25-12/31. Between two major holidays sounds like the perfect time to attempt to take delivery! Definitely going to push for 1/1
Beginning to think this is the RIGHT strategy at this point. I've gotten some push back by some folks at my local SC about this, but I'm just gonna sit on it. White seats seem to be pushing out anyway so I'll just let it ride (and push refresh every 10 minutes).

Reactions: tyler_k1
Beginning to think this is the RIGHT strategy at this point. I've gotten some push back by some folks at my local SC about this, but I'm just gonna sit on it. White seats seem to be pushing out anyway so I'll just let it ride (and push refresh every 10 minutes).
I agree, seems like they cannot make the white interiors fast enough. Fine with me if I can get a potential tax rebate.

Here's my updated EDD history:

Ordered May 2022: MYLR, Blue/White, 19”, Tow, FSD, Maryland
Estimated Delivery Dates:
(5/19) Nov 2022 - Feb 2023 (4 months)
(6/30) Dec 8 - Feb 2 (8 weeks)
(8/23) Dec 16 - Jan 27 (6 weeks)
(9/15) Nov 13 - Dec 18 (5 weeks)
(9/22) Nov 24 - Jan 5 (6 weeks)
(9/27) Nov 19 - Dec 24 (5 weeks)
(10/13) Dec 2022 (4+ weeks)
(10/15) Dec 15 - Dec 31 (2+ weeks)
(10/27) Dec 28 - Dec 31 (3 days)
(11/02) Dec 4 - Dec 31 (4 weeks)
(11/11) Received text “…expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.”
(11/16) Dec 5 - Dec 31 (4 weeks)

Yesterday I got the following text message:

Reminder - prepare for your Model Y delivery by providing trade-in details. Complete your pre-delivery tasks for xxx in the Tesla app.

Today, I got this:

Tesla Update - great news! Your Model Y (xxx) is expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.

We will be in touch with updates in the coming weeks and look forward to helping you take delivery of your Tesla.

In the meantime, you can track your estimated delivery timing in your Tesla app.

I've received the first message before--it seems to drop a week or so before the beginning of your EDD window--but this is the first time I've seen the one I received today.
I just got the same messages at the same time as you. I am a bit panicking because I have not been keeping up with the Tesla and im very out of the loop. And just this past week I started reading and learning a bit of the news. Most of all, my biggest worry is to get the EV Tax Credit for 2023. Here are some details:

Order placed: 5/21/22
Model Y LR 5 seater
White exterior with black interior
19” gemini

I have not been keeping exact track of the delivery dates, but I remember updates like this
- Feb/March 2023
- Jan/Feb 2023
- December 2023
- December 24 - 31
- December 6 - 31 ( at this point I got the 2 sms mentioned)
- November 27 - December 25 (today 11/16)

I have contacted the SA and asked if the delivery can be pushed to 1/1 and got a straight no as answer.

Is there something I can do to push back the date? Like adding paint color or other wheels? I dont have any VIN assigned as of today. Also I read some post mentioning a “hold on”/“hold off”? what is that, will that help me push the date to 1/1, and how can I ask for it? Sorry Im trying to rush into getting myself more informed about all of this. Any help or guidance to understand things will be much appreciated it.

Here's my updated EDD history:

Ordered May 2022: MYLR, Blue/White, 19”, Tow, FSD, Maryland
Estimated Delivery Dates:
(5/19) Nov 2022 - Feb 2023 (4 months)
(6/30) Dec 8 - Feb 2 (8 weeks)
(8/23) Dec 16 - Jan 27 (6 weeks)
(9/15) Nov 13 - Dec 18 (5 weeks)
(9/22) Nov 24 - Jan 5 (6 weeks)
(9/27) Nov 19 - Dec 24 (5 weeks)
(10/13) Dec 2022 (4+ weeks)
(10/15) Dec 15 - Dec 31 (2+ weeks)
(10/27) Dec 28 - Dec 31 (3 days)
(11/02) Dec 4 - Dec 31 (4 weeks)
(11/11) Received text “…expected to be delivered in the next several weeks.”
(11/16) Dec 5 - Dec 31 (4 weeks)
This one is gnarly!

White interior told the story before I had to read the rest of those EDD lol
Haha, seemingly that is the case with most EDD issues. I'm thinking that when an order of white interior is coming, it's not strictly set for an order so a bunch of EDD changes regarding those incoming parts. However, when the parts come in stock, I think there's a new set of algorithm that is not necessarily based on FIFO and gets distributed based on whatever said algo is (maybe total cost?) so EDD changes again/pushed back.