Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU fails for the second time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those familiar with all the failures...my MCU appears to have died today. No response to reboots, pulled the fuse and still no response just a black screen.
However, I can connect to my car via the app. I can't do any functions (climate, set charge limit, honk, etc), just says "Failed to..."
Any thoughts on what the failure might be?

For those familiar with all the failures...my MCU appears to have died today. No response to reboots, pulled the fuse and still no response just a black screen.
However, I can connect to my car via the app. I can't do any functions (climate, set charge limit, honk, etc), just says "Failed to..."
Any thoughts on what the failure might be?

Is it warm or cold? If cold, its dead-dead.

When was your car produced? Can you please list the entire service invoice on this specific issue?

I suspect they changed your LCD only

X March 17 build

upload_2018-2-13_14-13-18.png

Reactions: lunitiks
Can't find the part number in Tesla's parts manual, eBay, Google or mentioned anywhere on this forum.

Notice that your invoice part description says "REMAN". This is short for "remanufactured". In the case of MCUs, the remanufactured ones are assembled by components from other MCUs, for example an MCU with part no. "X" and another MCU with part no. "Y". Dunno what components they got from which MCUs, it could be anything really

• Informative
Reactions: ABC2D
No comment on that, dude. I’d ask Tesla why they put in a «REMAN» mcu in your new car, and what exactly this means for you.

@kdday there are many, many MCU revisions - across non-facelift, facelift, S, X, new ones, remanufactured ones, NA, EU, Asia etc. so the list would be long and I haven’t kept track of all these, sorry..

Btw I doubt there will come any new ones before a huge total overhaul comes along. My money is on a Roadster 2020 curved portrait thing

Reactions: ABC2D