Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MCU1 -> MCU2 Upgrade + AP3 Cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey All,

My Vehicle:
- 2017 Tesla Model S
- AP2.5
- MCU1

I recently set up an appointment at the SC to have my MCU upgrade from MCU1 -> MCU2, I also requested to have the FSD computer (AP3) installed so that I can subscribe for FSD. The SC is stating that its $2250 for the MCU2 upgrade PLUS $1000 for the FSD computer.

I had thought that upgrading the MCU would also include the AP3 upgrade (hence the increased cost over MCU upgrades for AP1 vehicles). I spoke to the employees at the SC and they are positive that what they listed is correct and the total for both is $3350. Did something change recently, or am I being over charged?

Is there any actual Tesla pages that state that the AP3 is included in the MCU upgrade?

Thanks for any info you can share!

OK so what about my situation:
I might be considering an upgrade of MCU1 to MCU2. I have APHw2.5 currently and EAP software, not FSD. Would I expect to get my AP computer upgraded to HW3 with the MCU2 upgrade? Or would this be an additional cost? If HW3 is included this might be enough to push me over the edge and get MCU2 installed. I don't want to pay for FSD but wouldn't mind the option to subscribe to it for a while sometime in the future.

Yes, it's included.
I hope you're right. The Tesla website is certainly unclear on this point:

Owners of compatible vehicles can schedule an appointment through the Tesla app for purchase and installation. This upgrade is available for $2,250 plus applicable tax, including installation, for vehicles equipped with Autopilot Computer 2.0 or 2.5 and for $1,750 plus applicable tax, including installation, for all other vehicles. Owners may confirm Autopilot Computer type by selecting ‘Controls’ > ‘Software’ > ‘Additional Vehicle Information’ on the touchscreen.
And:
Category:
Driver Assistance
Improvement:
Enhanced Driving Visualization for owners with the Full Self-Driving Capability Computer