Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For everyone who states they have received a text indicating a delivery date, at what point do we get the ability to put more down via the ACH transaction? Wondering if that is done prior to getting delivery scheduled, or after?

After. I got a text on Nov 3 that delivery would be Nov 12. Just got assigned a VIN on Nov 5, still waiting for ACH instructions. I emailed them yesterday asking when to expect a contract and payment info but haven't heard back yet.

I ordered 10/29 for blue MR and missed out on the off menu for LR, which I preferred but had to wait for wife's approval. Today I just called my owner advisor and had him search for LR RWD and they had a white one (actually debated on switching colors anyways) sitting in the same city. They told me it was cancelled order rather than rejected by someone since Vin was never assigned. I'm super excited!

Ordered MR RWD 11/4. All standard options (besides PUP) - black exterior/interior, 18" tires, no EAP, etc. Located in Philadelphia. First day reservationist (4/1/16). Non-owner.

Hoping to get by end of year! But nervous. I feel they may prioritize East Coast up through end of October, then start heading across country. My Tesla contact is optimistic (but aren't they all)!

I am planning to cancel my reservation that was placed on 10/19 when MR was 45K.....Anyone interested to take over my reservation at a nominal fee? I expect VIN this or next week given when i placed my order. My config:

MR - 45k
Blue - 1.5k
White interior - 1k
Sport 19 wheel - 1.5k
No EAP
Total 49k

I opted for cash payment which is same as loan from outside bank.

My account status shows "Prepare for delivery". Is "contract is being drafted" status before or after "Prepare for Delivery"

Where are you seeing it? After submitting trade-in/ payment/insurance and other details and hit the blue "Submit" button I get the "
Next Steps - We are drafting up your contract..." message on the main page. If I click "Overview" I see that "Order" and "Prepare for Delivery" are checked; "Payment" and "Delivery" are empty circles.

VIN 151xxx received 11/6. Ordered 10/19. Apr 1 reservation holder. White MR, EAP, 19”, White interior. Delivery date 11/20. Memphis.

We configured the exact same car on the same date, and I'm in Indiana, but I assume your April 1 is 2016, while my April 26 is 2018 lol

Just so excited to see the first white interior VIN! Gives me great hope for delivery by year end!

Reactions: Badshirt
Actually 5+ weeks seems quite long. Container ships leave Oakland which is close to a Fremont 2x per week and take between 5-7 days to reach Hawaii.
@odub I'm extremely interested to learn about the transportation logistics, if you know more details. Does Tesla do containers via rail or truck to the Oakland port? And then from that port it's about a week to Hawaii...but then what happens? Please share any details you (or others with transportation logistics knowledge) might know. I'm fascinated to learn how a Tesla makes its way to the customer, especially one on an island in the Pacific (that I loved visiting back in 2011). Many thanks for your input!

Where are you seeing it? After submitting trade-in/ payment/insurance and other details and hit the blue "Submit" button I get the "
Next Steps - We are drafting up your contract..." message on the main page. If I click "Overview" I see that "Order" and "Prepare for Delivery" are checked; "Payment" and "Delivery" are empty circles.

Mine said "Prepare for Delivery" since the day I ordered. It's meaningless. Ignore anything on the website or the app. Just wait for your Advisor to Contact you.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    126.1 KB · Views: 91
  • Capture2.JPG
    Capture2.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 49
Reactions: Scott7 and rjdoc74