Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And in the case of me, getting very impatient :) I'd love to have the car ASAP, but more than anything I just want a DATE ASAP! That way I can plan life stuff.

I will say Tesla's customer service is a huge turn-off, because well, there is no customer service. I ordered 3 weeks ago and no contact of any type. They have to know enough at this point to have some update on delivery date. Or at least when to EXPECT a delivery date.

The same exact feeling. I could care less as long as I get delivery before 11.59.59 pm on Dec 31, 2018. And yes I can still edit my order using backdoor link. East Coast delivery and NOT a reservation holder.

Their CS is beyond terrible in terms of proactive in informing buyers of the entire process. Nobody says we want pizza type tracker for car, but just let us know if we are getting delivery by YE or not. A simple binary Yes/No answer would suffice.

Inspite of the rant, I am positive to get delivery by year end.

LEMR ordered 10/23 (in the nick of the time to secure $45k price)
Am a Day 1 Reservation Holder and a Model S owner since 2013
No VIN yet

Black/Black/18"/No EAP
Northern Virginia - Tyson's Corner

Got text last night and home delivery scheduled for 11/25 in NoVa. Should I go through Trade-in Eval now or closer to 7 days before delivery?

Hidden VIN available FWIW: JM1BK32F981867103

I'm glad I stumbled on your post. Just checked my account and indeed delivery appt. is scheduled for 11/26! Woo Hoo! Of course an email or text would have been nice but...

Update: Just got the email:

"Hello,

We have scheduled an appointment for pickup of your new Tesla Model 3 on 11/26/2018 at 6:00 PM at our Dedham MA Service Center, located at 840 Providence Highway Dedham MA 02026. Please let me know if you need me to make any changes to this.

This is a tentatively scheduled appointment and is subject to change based on the vehicles actual arrival date.

An assigned Inside Delivery Advisor will be in contact with you to address any questions you may have. At this time, please log on to your Tesla Account and complete all required steps for completing the purchase of your vehicle. If you are planning to receive a loan of any sort whether through Tesla or a 3rd party, please hold off on applying until an Inside Delivery Advisor has contacted you so that we can avoid needing to run your credit more than once."

I didnt get any email or text from Tesla either. checked my account last night and saw that i had a delivery date updated!!

my car options were all standard, MR/black/black/no EAP
I am in MD and my delivery date is November 28th at 3pm.
looking forward to it!
No vin assigned yet though. I checked the source code of the page as well.

Edit: i was not a reservation holder. ordered 10/18.

I just got my email as well!

We have scheduled an appointment for delivery of your new Tesla Model 3 on 11/28/2018 between the hours of 3:00 PM and 5:00 PM to [my address]. Please let me know if you need me to make any changes to this.

This is a tentatively scheduled appointment and is subject to change based on the vehicles actual arrival date.

An assigned Inside Delivery Advisor will be in contact with you to address any questions you may have. At this time, please log on to your Tesla Account and complete all required steps for completing the purchase of your vehicle. If you are planning to receive a loan of any sort whether through Tesla or a 3rd party, please hold off on applying until an Inside Delivery Advisor has contacted you so that we can avoid needing to run your credit more than once.

Thank you and have a great day!

Reactions: Aieukl378
Funny that you asked. I just looked at it out of curiosity as I switched from white to black. I only see one scheduled delivery, for a non-owner in TN. VIN number is also there, so I am assuming he lucked out?

Thanks for checking but how do you see how many white interiors have received any follow-up on the spreadsheet? Are you using a phone or computer to access Google Docs document?

Some other comments here make me a bit nervous on the delivery date being before year end and taking the full 7500. As far as I can tell only 4-5 people in this discussion are white interior reservations (seems Wes!, FloridaGary, BadShirt, DutchGal726) and none have heard anything...

Don't really mind that Tesla is communicating less and only as necessary (yet seeing people dont get any communication and delivery scheduled in 2 days!) and will be fine with 1-2 week notice to get insurance and financing done but the situation with a looming deadline and multiple holidays is causing too much stress for too many of us.

Maybe someone with a Twitter account can reach to Elon and/or Tesla official account and may get a response on white interior schedule?

• Disagree
Reactions: Esquire
So I’ve been waiting, hoping to hear anything the last few weeks, but as of yet nothing. I was going to post once I had something new to share from what everyone else has already posted, but I figured the more data points the better.

Not a reservation holder
Not a prior owner
Was going to order the week of Oct 15th LR RWD because estimated delivery was 4 weeks. Didn’t bother ordering 10/15 since wasn’t concerned about the guarantee and the OA were saying people were being contacted 2 days after ordering the LR RWD.
Then on Thursday 10/18, Elon tweets about the LEMR. I hem and and haw and do some quick math to realize $4,000 is worth giving up 50 miles of range. Less of a monthly payment, less replacement cost for auto insurance, etc. Living in Fort Worth, we only go to Houston (280 miles) or Oklahoma City (230 miles) to visit family. Having 310 gets me there, but neither destination has the Nema 6-50 or 14-50/30 set-up so I assume I would have to visit a super charger eventually. Both destinations have at least 2 on route...
Thus I placed the following order:
Fort Worth, TX
MR RWD
10/18/18 6PM PST
Midnight Silver
Black Interior
18 inch wheels
EAP
$2500 deposit
Used my cousins referral for $100 charging credit (later hear I’ll get the 6 months too)
Priced $51,500
Received email immediately with a pdf attachment with total price.
Logged in to iOS app and saw referral code and videos, nothing else this whole time.
Uploaded drivers licenses, current insurance card, selected trade in option.
My OA who I did a test drive with sent me an email next day.
And then crickets.
I went to Tesla store and spoke to OA and said I may want to go to LR RWD because that was an option for the next few days.
Didn’t want to save $4,000 to then lose out on $3,750 of tax credit!
OA said 6-10 weeks puts me at Christmas at worst and to not worry.
I ran the trade in calculator for my car and it was priced at $2,000, so private party sale or Carmax made more sense than delaying my delivery or worrying about saving $120 on sales taxes. (Figured I could net more when taking time to sell)
Went in to change to no trade in. Now have 3 check marks.
I took my OA’s advise and didn’t switch to LR when I still had a chance.
What he and I didn’t account for, even though I should be one of the first 5000 to order the car, was that there were prior day 1 reservation holders that moved back to the front of the line! (Which honestly they should have priority) I figured that I was at least in first batch because someone posted a screen shot with their reservation number and mine was only 300 behind and ordered about an hour before me.
Anyway, haven’t heard a peep until on 10/30/18, I get a “we have received your order modification email.” I didn’t modify anything (just the trade in) and no one has figured out what that was all about. Asked OA and called customer service. They don’t know.
Still more crickets.
I go back in to the store and tell the OA that I want a car prior to end of year and that I want to be in a reservation for the black on black demo LR RWD they have for test drives or the RED LR RWD with 19 inch wheels. He said that he could do that. Not sure if he means it though. I hope so.
Anyway I’m tired of answering every strange number on my cell hoping a Tesla DA is calling... I even answered an 877-373 number yesterday afternoon. He says he is from Tesla and sees my order, etc... and I’m thinking here we go! But he wanted to give me a solar quote! .
Still waiting and hoping to hear something soon. Sorry for the long post, but it helps me get it out of my system...

As I’ve been patiently waiting for something to happen (No reservation – well..lost reservation!, ordered 10/27, MSM/Black/EAP, MD), I was able to apply for Tesla financing today. I do want to see what my credit union can offer, but I now have my rate and estimated costs from Tesla. They are asking to confirm the details now (rate, terms, down payment, etc.). If I confirm, can I change any of those (like the down payment) later or switch over to third party financing?

At least this is some progress!

MA reservation holder (late, July 2018)
Ordered 10/20
MR, blue, black, aero, no EAP

No contact from tesla, was so disappointed that I didn't hear anything this weekend that I logged in to my account while having my morning coffee and noticed the edit button was gone and I could now fill out the financing info and start the trade in procedure. I know I probably still have weeks but its progress.

Also loan approval came within minutes.

@USCCowboys - Welcome to the boards! I'm in the same boat as you are (North Richland Hills). At least you got a text from your local DA. I didn't even get that yet.

I understand that Tesla may be prioritizing all deliveries to East Coast first to avoid last month logistics nightmares however they should at least (3-4 weeks after order) should provide an estimate of delivery. Even if its last day of the year (12/31), at least it will give us an idea that our order is in progress.

I was expecting to wait when I placed the order but not hearing any updates is brutal... I am loosing sleep here :(

Ordered 10/20

No contact from tesla, was so disappointed that I didn't hear anything this weekend that I logged in to my account while having my morning coffee and noticed the edit button was gone and I could now fill out the financing info and start the trade in procedure. I know I probably still have weeks but its progress.

I noticed the edit button gone this morning and didn't even think to check on the trade-in as I had indicated previously I would be trading in my current vehicle. My '...' was gone and the '+' was back. I went in and confirmed I would be doing a trade-in and immediately received the text message to complete the self-evaluation.

Side note for anyone who can answer: How do you add a signature/footer to your TMC account?

Ordered 10/20

If it's anything like my experience, you'll get your delivery date tonight.

• Informative
Reactions: sraatc17
Just got my delivery date!!!!!

Pittsburgh, PA
MR RWD
10/22/18 9AM EST
Pearl White
Black Interior
19 inch wheels
No EAP
Delivery Date: November, 24 at Wexford store,

I'm happy that you received your delivery date but I'm disappointed in this experience overall. Should I change my interior design to black for a better chance at delivery by end of year? I ordered on 10/20 and had a reservation from 3/31/16. Will changing it now delay it even further? Does customer service know anything? I'm truly happy for those receiving their cars but disappointed that it's been over 3 weeks and I have zero information. Tesla estimated the building of 10K cars a week by this point but they didn't have a plan for delivering them or communicating with customers about their orders?

I spoke with a CS rep and they said to just hang onto my order. I don't want to risk having it delayed. We'll see what happens. I should probably just ignore this thread for a few weeks and watch Nav on Autopilot videos...It was much more fun getting excited about receiving the car vs. dreading not getting delivery by end of year. For me, this will be the difference between buying EAP or not.

I order black exterior/black interior/18" aero wheels/No EAP on 10/22/18 (Not a reservation holder)
Located in Los Angeles, CA and still not 1 peep from Tesla at all in over 3 weeks :(

Feel free to use my referral code to help make my waiting process a little less dreadful!

Tesla Supercharging Credit and Extended Solar Warranty

No sign for me either and not too far from you. i am in San Diego, CA

Model 3 Mid Range
Reservation date: Day 1
Order Date: 10/18/2018 (within 30 min after the tweet)
Color: Blue
Interior : Black
Wheels: Aero
EAP: No