Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid Range waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Former Lurker here
Non-owner, no reservation holder
Midnight silver
Black interior
Aero wheels
No EAP

Order date 11/8 with color change (from blue) on 11/10
Received text earlier this week to complete pre delivery stuff, even though it was already done. Received text Friday afternoon with deliver window of 12/16-12/28. That’s such a huge window, not sure how to time quotes for trade in with current dealership and CarMax. Oh well. Just happy to be here with all you other excited and anxious folks.

Quick question for those changed from Mid Range to Long Range RWD..

Did you get any extra perks for selecting a LR RWD that they have in their inventory?

I lost my patience with MR wait and after a long thought I went ahead and choose same config LR RWD.. I'll be picking up by Monday 12/10... any advice?

Former Lurker here
Non-owner, no reservation holder
Midnight silver
Black interior
Aero wheels
No EAP

Order date 11/8 with color change (from blue) on 11/10
Received text earlier this week to complete pre delivery stuff, even though it was already done. Received text Friday afternoon with deliver window of 12/16-12/28. That’s such a huge window, not sure how to time quotes for trade in with current dealership and CarMax. Oh well. Just happy to be here with all you other excited and anxious folks.

That's good news. I have an earlier order date, yet I only received the earlier text and not the delivery window text. There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason.

Quick question for those changed from Mid Range to Long Range RWD..

Did you get any extra perks for selecting a LR RWD that they have in their inventory?

I lost my patience with MR wait and after a long thought I went ahead and choose same config LR RWD.. I'll be picking up by Monday 12/10... any advice?

I switched over to LR RWD and will be picking up tomorrow. I did the same as you and just switched my original configuration and applied it to the LR. No perks that I can tell but will update if any thing comes up when I do my pick up.

Trade in details didn’t ask to upload pictures. Is this normal? Just VIN and mileage
Update: Rejected Trade-in offer, and account shows 12/18 delivery and asking for payment information.
Anyone knows how to make a partial payment with credit card? Is it $5000? I read somewhere it's increased to $20k, but can't find that post now.

Last edited:
Trade in details didn’t ask to upload pictures. Is this normal? Just VIN and mileage
Update: Rejected Trade-in offer, and account shows 12/18 delivery and asking for payment information.
Anyone knows how to make a partial payment with credit card? Is it $5000? I read somewhere it's increased to $20k, but can't find that post now.

Last month when my parents picked up their model S they were able to put 5k on their credit card. When I called about this a few days ago in regards to my model 3 , they said they discontinued the 5k credit card payments and are not taking any credit card aside from that initial 2,500$ deposit.
I spoke to two different locations and they both told me the same.

Reactions: vkana
Things are happening fast - after radio silence, but trusting in Tesla to deliver this month, I applied for external financing on Thursday, got my preapproval from credit union on Friday, emailed my salesperson (first time since ordering, I've tried to leave them alone) to check in, he put me in touch with a delivery adviser, the DA wrote me back, I sent him preapproval paperwork, he put into my account (showed up as financed within an hour!), he assigned me a delivery date/time (all of this on Friday), and today I was just assigned a VIN (no text, just checked the site).

Cleveland, OH - Blue ext/white int/Aero/no EAP. Day 1 online reveal, ordered MR 10/18, switched from black to blue within 72 hours.

Super stoked!!!

Reactions: Cleveland M3
Last month when my parents picked up their model S they were able to put 5k on their credit card. When I called about this a few days ago in regards to my model 3 , they said they discontinued the 5k credit card payments and are not taking any credit card aside from that initial 2,500$ deposit.
I spoke to two different locations and they both told me the same.
Yeah, the account shows 'We do not accept credit card payments.' now.