Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Missing dead pedal (foot rest)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this thread about a week ago while my '17 Q1 car was in for service. So I went ahead and sent the SC a text with a picture of my '16 AP1 loaner (new bumper design) and I asked if my car had the same plastic dead pedal to the left of the brake. They advised that my car had this part. Turns out they didn't even look - just got my car back this morning and nope; no dead pedal.

I sent an email to my SC asking for details about this. But now after reading more posts in this thread, my question is now answered.

On a positive, my SC went above and beyond once again by touching up my front bumper. I had a pretty large ding from road debris and they took care of it as a courtesy. And this was the second time they did so in 7 months (6 SC visits). A Tesla-authorized body shop quoted over $4100 for the same cosmetic fix.

Just before positing this, I received Tesla's response, which mirrors what others have said here:

"For the foot rest, the older cars have them whereas the newer Tesla’s do not."​

This is the CoZero one my friend just installed and I'll change out myself soon enough -- looks like the winner.
IMG_1735.jpeg

Just double sided tape like the others. I felt and tugged at it...not going anywhere.

But immense more quality that the ForMyTesla one. Pretty heavy.

I just got these . The big pedal is INDEED double sided tape. But the other two Miller pedals NOT and they do not come with installation instructions. Cannot just be taped. Looks like original pedal should come off and be replaced. Why are there no instructions? Could use advice here. Please help.

I just got these . The big pedal is INDEED double sided tape. But the other two Miller pedals NOT and they do not come with installation instructions. Cannot just be taped. Looks like original pedal should come off and be replaced. Why are there no instructions? Could use advice here. Please help.
Are you talking about the CoZero pedals? I got those and they did indeed come with instructions.