Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

model 3 75D..... badge thoughts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this what you want?

Attachments

• 2c89549.jpg
    2c89549.jpg
    367.2 KB · Views: 116
Agreed. I have a full time 4WD 4Runner that I built for off roading and take this to the mountains for snowboarding. I carry chains for compliance and the only time I’ve been required to use them was two winters ago when Mammoth received a crazy amount of snow that year. Of course I went during one of the many snow dumps and it was R3 conditions in the town of mammoth which requires chains on all vehicles including 4WD with snow tires. What a glorious snowboard season that was!

I have always carried chains. I used to off-road with an Xterra that has BFGoodrich All-Terrains. In Mammoth one year had the same condition and turns out the width of the Z-chains I had were smaller than the grooves in the tire and the chains just filled in the grooves.

Reactions: nalang
why the strong hate for badges? if all of y'all had model s or x would you go and rip off the battery size label off of them? I know that's a thing for some people (to get the clean look) but the level of hate astounds me. sounds like the same group of people who think that people wanting key fobs are crazy

People wanting to show off what model their car is (as if anyone else driving by would actually know or care about the difference) will always baffle me.

Do you see yourself enjoying your car less if you don't have a non-existant badge?

why the strong hate for badges? if all of y'all had model s or x would you go and rip off the battery size label off of them? I know that's a thing for some people (to get the clean look) but the level of hate astounds me. sounds like the same group of people who think that people wanting key fobs are crazy

because people are just doing it to show off. showboating is obnoxious in general. A lot of people debadge their model S/X actually, not everyone wants the world to know they're driving a $150k car.

Yes and that’s exactly what I did with my S. No badges just looks much cleaner.

That's every single woman with a designer handbag...

Agreed. And it's every bit as sad and ridiculous as having to show off with a badge on a vehicle. Just as sad as wanting a Ralph Lauren horse on the pocket of your shirt.

And it is EXACTLY as black and white as that. When I go out into my garage, or walk out into the parking lot and look at my car all that I care about is that it pleases me. I couldn't give two damns who else likes it.

Umm, where to start?

Nobody is "hating" badges. It's your car. Do what you want. Just thinking it's silly to go hunting for a badge that wasn't in the original design just to satisfy some insecure need to brag to strangers on the street you'll likely never see again, most of whom probably have no idea what it even means.

And comparing wanting a badge, which is purely an ego thing to wanting a key fob, which is apparently a truly functional need for a significant number of users is a little bit ridiculous. Actually, it's a lot ridiculous.

Last edited:
People wanting to show off what model their car is (as if anyone else driving by would actually know or care about the difference) will always baffle me.

Do you see yourself enjoying your car less if you don't have a non-existant badge?

because people are just doing it to show off. showboating is obnoxious in general. A lot of people debadge their model S/X actually, not everyone wants the world to know they're driving a $150k car.

By your logic, anyone with a badge is obnoxious, especially those model s and x owners. Everyone should take off their Tesla logo and not have any identifying markers on it.

I get it if we were talking about not filling up the car with a billion bumper stickers. But you are talking about a feature that has been a part of the car for a long time. One could actually argue that at this stage it would still be beneficial to put some lettering (Tesla) in the back, as a lot of people still don't know what they are.

But no, post memes and absurd responses instead. I wonder who are actually the smug people here. It ironically screams "look at how clean my car is!"

Again I'm not mad at the people who want to debadge. I'm mad at the level of ironic hypocracy here.

By your logic, anyone with a badge is obnoxious, especially those model s and x owners. Everyone should take off their Tesla logo and not have any identifying markers on it.

I get it if we were talking about not filling up the car with a billion bumper stickers. But you are talking about a feature that has been a part of the car for a long time. One could actually argue that at this stage it would still be beneficial to put some lettering (Tesla) in the back, as a lot of people still don't know what they are.

But no, post memes and absurd responses instead. I wonder who are actually the smug people here. It ironically screams "look at how clean my car is!"

Again I'm not mad at the people who want to debadge. I'm mad at the level of ironic hypocracy here.

There is a world of difference between removing the badges a car ships with and adding badges the car never shipped with to make sure people know you bought the more expensive version.

You're equating people making fun of the need to impress by hunting down badges that were never included with or intended for the car with people who just leave well enough alone. I believe most people who are making fun are basing it on the OP's admitting that his desire for badging is so that people know he "didn't buy the cheap one." It's the equivalent of wearing 18 gold chains, and big rings on every finger, while sporting a knee length fur coat so that everyone knows you're rich.

As said before, it's your car. Do what you want with it. If having an aftermarket badge pleases you go for it. But if you're doing it to impress others it's just sad.