Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
In Barrie, ON if anyone else is around here... I am patiently awaiting configuration for the M3, but know that it is going to be a long while before anything happens. My biggest concern is the $14,000 rebate and how we may miss out on that as time slowly creeps by. Anyone have news on that?

Hello all,
In Barrie, ON if anyone else is around here... I am patiently awaiting configuration for the M3, but know that it is going to be a long while before anything happens. My biggest concern is the $14,000 rebate and how we may miss out on that as time slowly creeps by. Anyone have news on that?
Your biggest risk may be the Conservatives winning the next provincial election on June 7 and cancelling the program before you get your car and/or rebate.

It's too far out to make any assumptions.

They have people whose job it is to get cars certified in different jurisdictions. They're not sitting on their hands while the factory gets its act together; they're pushing ahead with their jobs.

Being certified here doesn't help if they can't produce any to ship up here.

Doug is bullish on Tesla's ability to deliver … I'll listen to him and pretend I can't hear Tony. :) I can't bear the thought of waiting more than 13 months from today. That said, I don't think Tesla needs Canada in order to survive (we're always being told that the market up here is too small right?). So it's probably not an emergency to deliver cars to Canadian customers, unfortunately.

I walked the long way home from work today in case the

Posted on a local Ottawa car forum - Model 3 spotted on the 417. (California MFG plates - must be here for a demo.)

7319442fe9548296aa9999e8eb741ece.jpg

It would be very disappointing to have to wait longer than a year...the timing works out perfectly now, as my car is still strong and will have value to sell privately next year, but longer than that I will be over 200,000km and then I will see a significant drop unfortunately.

This probably isn't what the full "retail" product will look like but there isn't much in terms of badges on the back of that M3. Just one T logo - it doesn't even say Tesla. By the way, are you allowed to use Manufacturer's Plates outside of the state of issue? (Just asking, I have no idea but I would think that there would be more conditions around these types of plates)

• Helpful
Reactions: 03DSG
So has anyone else had a change in date from "late 2018" to:

Your Model 3 was reserved on 3/31/2016. You'll be invited to configure based on the date of your reservation. If you have any questions, please refer to our FAQ.

I guess late 2018 is now confirmed to be too optimistic for Canada? And they can't even give us a new date? I guess best not to promise something if you can't keep it but I'll still take the next guess. I never believed late 2018 in the first place, knowing Tesla, but I was still somewhat hopeful.

I keep telling myself I wand D and P, heated steering wheel for my wife, so I wouldn't be ordering now anyway and by the time we get it, it should have all options. But I was hoping that time would be late 2018, and realistically thought first quarter of 2019. Now it's looking even later than that. Oh well, by that time our dollar could be back closer to par since I see a repeat of the Bush economy that got us to $1.12 not all that long ago. So, as you can see, I'm looking for any silver linings while we wait for well over a year at best.

So has anyone else had a change in date from "late 2018" to:

I guess late 2018 is now confirmed to be too optimistic for Canada? And they can't even give us a new date? I guess best not to promise something if you can't keep it but I'll still take the next guess. I never believed late 2018 in the first place, knowing Tesla, but I was still somewhat hopeful.

I keep telling myself I wand D and P, heated steering wheel for my wife, so I wouldn't be ordering now anyway and by the time we get it, it should have all options. But I was hoping that time would be late 2018, and realistically thought first quarter of 2019. Now it's looking even later than that. Oh well, by that time our dollar could be back closer to par since I see a repeat of the Bush economy that got us to $1.12 not all that long ago. So, as you can see, I'm looking for any silver linings while we wait for well over a year at best.
Still late 2018, you gotta open the delivery estimator link.

• Helpful
Reactions: Canuck