Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting. Still a dual motor as Elon’s said won’t be trimotor but will have at least 1 plaid motor. Hopefully they do something with the battery so it can feed it a bit more power also.

I’ve been close to ordering an Eletre R, however I’d love to know what this is first. Not the same type of car but would save a lot of money and the Tesla Supercharger network is still a big draw. I suspect performance wise they’d be pretty similar.

Hopefully they do something with the battery so it can feed it a bit more power also.
The thread claims that it has new brakes, suspension, and wheel part numbers too.
Which means if it has a new battery, this should show up in the parts catalog as well. We should also be able to see the motor PN and maybe some specs.
Unfortunately, none of this is in the USA parts catalog, and they aren't saying what country this was pulled from so it's hard to go check ourselves,

Here's the back of the car I can actually find in the German catalog:

1697749770345.png

1697749812618.png

Here are the batteries for this car as well... Which do not have any special batteries for a "sports" or "performance" version:

• Informative
Reactions: mpgxsvcd
There have been photos of a Model 3+ in China. Would be nice if they announce it soon, if it’s not that far off wonder why they are waiting. That’s not exactly Tesla like, they don’t have issues announcing models like 5 years before they ship normally 😉
Right but they don’t want people to not buy now if they think something new is coming soon. Although Highland is coming anyways so I’m not sure how many people would put off a purchase if they knew a Ludicrous 3 was coming in one to six months.

Original news website is updated:

UPDATE: Looks like it was an oopsie.

Tesla has already removed images from the Parts Catalog showing the Ludicrous badge, and removed the images of the new wheels from the Parts Catalog and the Collision Repair Manual. pic.twitter.com/6TK7307jj7

— Drive Tesla 🇨🇦 (@DriveTeslaca) October 19, 2023

Seems like it’s not a mistake rather information coming out early? There are new photos of a model 3 driving with wheels covered up now. Unless these are old photos I haven’t seen before those tires do appear a lot like the Pirellis on the current M3P

Attachments

• IMG_4427.jpeg
    IMG_4427.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_4428.jpeg
    IMG_4428.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_4429.jpeg
    IMG_4429.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 103
Seems like it’s not a mistake rather information coming out early?
Yes, I think the "oopsie" was the info getting into the EPC early. It also explains why I couldn't find the same information when I went and looked at the EPC directly instead of just trusting a random screenshot on Twitter.

Shame that nobody looked at the battery configuration, motors, the front bumpers, etc while the data was up, as that would have told us a lot. Instead we got an article that was all excited for a badge and new wheels, the true sign of a performance enthusiast.