Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Includes CANBUS data captured by WUGZ some time ago for all configs of the 3 including the various SW updates that added power

View attachment 1022897
OMG I forgot all about this thing. I provided some of that data. lol

Also, my completely stock and full weight M3P ran 11.329 @ 119.80 at Cecil County Dragway. I think it may be a stock wheel/tire record.

IMG_4446.JPG

OMG I forgot all about this thing. I provided some of that data. lol

Also, my completely stock and full weight M3P ran 11.329 @ 119.80 at Cecil County Dragway. I think it may be a stock wheel/tire record.

View attachment 1023065
Did you run a Dragy during that pass? That trap speed looks unusually high for a full weight Model 3 unless you weigh less than 100 lbs.

Even big name tracks can have timing issues. Here is the time slip from my quickest run compared to the Dragy result from the same pass. It is pretty easy to tell what aspects of the track’s timing system were off that day.

IMG_2695.jpeg
IMG_2696.jpeg

Anyone got a guess on when we’ll see it announced?

I’m thinking the footage they probably shot is partially for the video background on their website. Maybe they’ll run an ad also on Social Media. I’d think they wouldn’t do this much more than the time it’ll take to edit that footage and get it ready so it shouldn’t be long.

Next week? Week after maybe?

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
Anyone got a guess on when we’ll see it announced?

I’m thinking the footage they probably shot is partially for the video background on their website. Maybe they’ll run an ad also on Social Media. I’d think they wouldn’t do this much more than the time it’ll take to edit that footage and get it ready so it shouldn’t be long.

Next week? Week after maybe?
Yes, 2 weeks.

What if this video is just an epic early April Fool troll from Elon and there is no new M3P/L coming - and the car in the video is just an LR with bolt-on upgrade parts that will be available from the Tesla Accessories shop in the future: 20-inch wheels, spoiler, sport seats, diffuser etc. That "badge" on the back looks more like a sticker.

I really think this car will be announced for Europe and Asia first. They haven't been able to ramp up production of the Highland Model 3s out of Fremont yet. Expecting them to suddenly start making a 3rd model that has a different powertrain isn't realistic.

They stagger the rollouts because they can't have production at all of their plants diminish simultaneously. When China transitioned over to the new Highland you saw them crank up production in Fremont and really push the prices down to sell as many Model 3s as possible in the US. Now the Model 3 is about $10K more expensive in the states but they are pushing the Model Y cars like crazy.

I expect them to announce the Model 3 Ludicrous soon but only for MIC cars first. Then 3-6 months later for Fremont built cars.

Reactions: phantasms
What if this video is just an epic early April Fool troll from Elon and there is no new M3P/L coming - and the car in the video is just an LR with bolt-on upgrade parts that will be available from the Tesla Accessories shop in the future: 20-inch wheels, spoiler, sport seats, diffuser etc. That "badge" on the back looks more like a sticker.
That ludicrous badge does look bad in the Spain video. From the leaked parts catalog image, I was expecting the white parts to just be empty space so that the pattern would just be the dark parts and the car color. Making the background white makes it look tacky.