Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll pull off the stock rims and tires and replace them with what's on my 2022, MP3

8.5x20 and 10x20 forged

tire.jpg

Any color is under the cap.

White seats are under the cap with standard gray color.

Red color + black seats is it for me personally.

Yep, was super excited for blue/white, but BZZZZZZZZT, lose the credit. So blue/black it was for me. :) I don't mind black (my M3RWD has black inside), but the white just looks very, very nice to me.

Gotta say, I am not a 'red' car fan, but that new red is just amazing. Was a tough choice for me.

I ordered Red with black as well, even though I am a die hard white seat fan. We have an Ultra Red Model Y with white seats and the new red color is shockingly beautiful. I waffled quite a bit on settling for Stealth Grey to get the white seats as it looks quite nice when it is pristine clean and in bright light, such as the showroom. Personally though I found the SG vehicles that weren't in the showroom to be too much of a tweener / generic color, not quite black, not quite grey. I also really don't care for the white door cards in the new white interior as I think they look cheap and will wear poorly. I am also a bit skeptical of the durability of these new white seats given that they are now perforated, and figured there would be a good chance they'd be delayed by several months.

TLDR: I'm sure the neighbors won't make fun of us for having two Ultra Red vehicles. Totally normal.

Since this is the speculation thread...

I don't know if they've been consistent on the labelling (I haven't been staying current), but it seems like this is somewhat unifying:

The "Performance" branding is the official labelling. Within each model (S/X/3/Y), they have a performance classification and the vehicle is named as such. At various times "what you get" for the performance labelling is a moving target (Sport/Insane/Ludicrous/Plaid) -- and sometimes across transitions multiple are available. And sometimes they offered paid for upgrades (upgrades for P85D, M3P plus? or whatever, "Track Pack" for Plaid).

I fully expect to see the Insane setting get replaced by Ludicrous at some point for new 2024 or 2025 deliveries (with improved official performance numbers) but I don't have a clue if that will be offered as an unlock to existing M3(H)P owners for free or cost. If you're buying "in the near term", safest to assume Ludicrous won't be available for your car.

Watch a proper ludicrous version get released down the line with the front bumper camera. 🙃
I was thinking that too. Knowing Tesla, it would not surprise me one bit if that actually happened. Tesla has a propensity for applying incremental updates to their cars. They're a tech company first, after all, so i've accepted that they will always push out better things in a year or so time, as what tends to happen with tech industry in general.

I had to ruminate on whether or not I place the order now, or wait. I decided that all of the updates they improved upon this time around are exactly what I found lacking on my 2019 M3LR w/ AB. So even though they will likely add more updates to it in the coming year or two, I would still be satisfied with what I am getting for the money I paid this time, build quality issues and repeated service center visits be damned. lol

Last edited:
Reactions: phantasms
However, that is not what this graph shows. This graph clearly shows a car that has more power at every speed than the previous car. If this graph is true then the battery is providing more power than it did in the previous car when at max power requested. They may not have changed the battery but this graph indicates they found a way to extract more power out of the same battery.
The graph shows a power curve of the rear motor, without total values / scaling, without changes of the front motor or total power. I am not sure how you can interpret all unseen data into it. I am not questioning that the car will be accelerating better at all speeds, never have, but it is very fishy that they are showing the charts as they do.