Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 1041956
I'm not a big fan of the Ludicrous badge on the back. Good to know it can be removed easily. :)

Totally agree. It's one of the only things on the car it feels they really cheaped out on but could have made it an opportunity to put a more genuine and quality touch to make the car more appealing. It looks like some slap on refrigerator magnet. Some kind of embossed metal pieces for the warp lines would have been neat, maybe in a more simplified and compact design. This is where some creative effort would be valued. Otherwise, I'd rather just forgo it altogether. And I wish they'd have just kept the back the Tesla logo instead of letters. But I digress, it's definitely nitpicking. Hard to complain at the pricepoint it's at.

Reactions: 12B4A
Totally agree. It's one of the only things on the car it feels they really cheaped out on but could have made it an opportunity to put a more genuine and quality touch to make the car more appealing. It looks like some slap on refrigerator magnet. Some kind of embossed metal pieces for the warp lines would have been neat, maybe in a more simplified and compact design. This is where some creative effort would be valued. Otherwise, I'd rather just forgo it altogether. And I wish they'd have just kept the back the Tesla logo instead of letters. But I digress, it's definitely nitpicking. Hard to complain at the pricepoint it's at.
It is hard to complain but we can bear down and do it. There's little about the badge that helps it visually tie it to rest of the car's styling. With the plaid badge, the red matched the tail lights, black to the trim, and the 'white' was metal which matched the tesla logo and metal reflectors of the reverse indicators. With the ludicrous badge there is bright white, black, and blue. This would look relatively matched if the only paint colors were blue and white. Additionally, the white border makes the edge contrast with the car's paint drawing the eye's attention to the logo in a displeasing way.

It really should be a logo with negative space contained within that would allow the car's paint color to be incorporated into the artwork. Having the 'star streaks' be metal would have it match the chrome tesla letters on the trunk. Even the plain black artwork in the parts catalog leak would be a step in the right direction.

So Lars has come out and said they can up the power on the LG Pack to the same level of the Panasonic through a software update if they want to. Wonder if this means a Ludicrous power up option is on the cards at some point.
Is there a source for this info? If they could up the power to 500ish as in the US version why the heck just dont make the performance the same?

Reactions: Destiny1701
The LG pack cannot physically provide as much power as the Panasonic. No amount of software updating can overcome this.
That's not really the case. They choose specific curve of temperature to voltage drop with lowest voltage hard limit well before the actual power limit.

So if they choose to send a new curve - they can. It doesn't mean they will or any power is attainable. But they physically can do that.

The LG pack cannot physically provide as much power as the Panasonic. No amount of software updating can overcome this.
One YouTube video said the LG pack is also 30kg lighter in weight so offsets some of the lower hp. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Only way to know for sure is a side by side test of both versions across all speed ranges.

Pretty sh-t of Tesla to do this tbh. One of the most sought after model trims and they go for a detuned global edition?