Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland Performance/Plaid Speculation [Car announced 04.23.2024]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh. 457 kW total max output?
Bingo! The new car can basically hit the max discharge value now and sustain it. I have all of the data that I will share in the coming days.

Dragy results are all posted now if anyone is interested. My fastest runs were marked invalid because they were barely above the downslope limit.

3 will feel faster down low for sure. Higher speeds (60ish +) S LR will probably still feel faster. 3 will definitely feel more nimble, not sure which will actually corner better. The S corners surprisingly well, and at least the old 3 reached its cornering limits surprisingly early.
Are we sure abt that? My LRboost now ‘feels’ faster 80-150kph than my buddies 22’ LRS. I thinks to do with level of refinement and weight of the vehicle that translates to butt Dyno. Lol

Reactions: phantasms
Are we sure abt that? My LRboost now ‘feels’ faster 80-150kph than my buddies 22’ LRS. I thinks to do with level of refinement and weight of the vehicle that translates to butt Dyno. Lol
my '21 3P feels a LOT quicker initially. That quickly disappears though. The S is softer at the hit, but above 30mph it's dramatically quicker.

Reactions: phantasms
I'm curious why you are running 18's instead of the 20's. Are you trying to improve range and/or ride quality?
I got up at 5:00 am this morning and drove 450 miles with the car after getting home from the track just before midnight last night. I really wanted to maximize range for today and I didn’t have time to swap the wheels out this morning.

Any Euro owners who have tried Dragy with a warm battery yet?
I wonder if heating the battery will matter with the MIC cars? If their power limit is lower it may be able to get to the maximum "Max Discharge Value" at lower temperatures? The US cars definitely can hit and even sustain just below their "Max Discharge Value". The previous version of the US cars would never come close to the max discharge value and the peak only lasted for a fraction of a second.

• Informative
Reactions: Sellout