Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pickup time is 3pm today. I was super excited when I picked up my 2022 S, but for the 3, I am somewhat concerned about a few things...

I know that Tesla is always updating the cars and that’s fine. I however would be disappointed if they release the front bumper camera a few weeks later. I do not need the performance 3, but I would like to know if it will be released with the front bumper camera or camera in the headlight. If the performance has it, then I would want to wait 30 days or so as the LR 3 would have it soon too.

• Informative
Reactions: Falcon73
Pickup time is 3pm today. I was super excited when I picked up my 2022 S, but for the 3, I am somewhat concerned about a few things...

I know that Tesla is always updating the cars and that’s fine. I however would be disappointed if they release the front bumper camera a few weeks later. I do not need the performance 3, but I would like to know if it will be released with the front bumper camera or camera in the headlight. If the performance has it, then I would want to wait 30 days or so as the LR 3 would have it soon too.
Wow i feel like you're gonna be the first to pick up a Highland!
Congrats man
Please send us pictures and updates when you pick yours up today, we'd love to hear your feedback on it too.

You can always retrofit the camera if it becomes available in the LR. With a cost of course. Easier if it is in the headlight.

I personally don't think they will add the camera anytime soon. Performance maybe, but SR and LR doubtful. Just my opinion anyway.

Reactions: SoCalDude
Retrofit would be fine, but the wiring needs to be there. 🤷‍♂️
Given the number of times they have "accidentally" released the wrong images/video that showed the M3 Highland having a front camera, I have to believe that the cars are ready to go with it, but don't have it for some reason, and they will make a retrofit path for the current buyers.

Of course, could be totally wrong, but all they would need is the wiring run without the camera...

Reactions: mcorf
Given the number of times they have "accidentally" released the wrong images/video that showed the M3 Highland having a front camera, I have to believe that the cars are ready to go with it, but don't have it for some reason, and they will make a retrofit path for the current buyers.

Of course, could be totally wrong, but all they would need is the wiring run without the camera...
There are rumors that the camera will be able to be autoclean... so more than a wire, a mini tube for the wiper water have to exist. Again a rumor.

Got this text on Saturday but completely ignored it because I didnt know what it was. Got a follow up text today. Can anyone further explain this process to me? I've replied ready

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 1.45.23 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 1.45.23 PM.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 41