Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN! Was checking the app like I normally do and there it was. Order date was Jan 10. EDD was Feb 06 - Mar 05. Now it's Feb 19th - Feb 27th. RWD, Stelth Gray

I need to upload proof of insurance. Should I do that now, or wait until the delivery date gets closer?

Reactions: catxi and Emmy
Just got my VIN! Was checking the app like I normally do and there it was. Order date was Jan 10. EDD was Feb 06 - Mar 05. Now it's Feb 19th - Feb 27th. RWD, Stelth Gray

I need to upload proof of insurance. Should I do that now, or wait until the delivery date gets closer?
Congrats! You can upload the insurance with a starting date of Feb 18th and then adjust with your company when you have the official delivery date.

Reactions: NickA55
I went for one today also!!! Did you have an advisor ride along with you? I found out from my SA that Tesla sent out a memo to employees recently saying they have to ride along on all demo drives of the new model 3 after someone drove one in a ditch. 😳

I did a demo drive today but no advisor ride-along. Might be because we know each other from the same athletic club.

The demo car was a LR and the difference from my 2019 SR+ is stunning. The smoothness and quiet of the ride; the sound system is so much better! Probably going to take a couple of days to get used to the directional signals once I get my own.

Planning on ordering a LR when I can take delivery in mid-late April. Maybe in a week or two.

Received a VIN this morning along with an updated EDD of 7/7-13. Anyone know if Tesla will contact me to schedule a delivery or should I keep an eye on the app?
That’s a good question because now that I think of it I didn’t get an email or any kind of notification that a VIN was issued. If I wasn’t checking the app 1000 times a day I would have never known.

Just got my first EDD changed from Feb-March to February 20 - March 19th!!

Ordered 1/28
RW
Stealth Grey
18"
Black interior

New England
Looks like I’m in the same bucket.

Ordered 1/25
RW
Cocaine white
19”
Black
Dallas

Feb 20 - Mar 21 (updated last Friday)

I’m hoping since we’re RW and the website still shows Feb - Mar eta we’ll get ours at the end of this month.