Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: message noticed on the app (no text) ready for pickup this weekend. Narrow range of available dates (2/9 to 2/11). Will likely pick it up 2/10.

Ordered 01/10
RW
Stealth Grey
18" Photon
Central CA (Stockton pickup)
VIN received 2/6
EDD still shows 2/7 to 2/14 on the app (but can schedule delivery for this weekend)

Reactions: catxi and Abubakr
Just got my first text from Tesla! Delivery team at Long Beach Tesla (even though I'm way closer to Buena Park Tesla, interesting) says they anticipate my car will be ready soon and they asked for me to confirm I'm ready or not. Still no VIN :( but their follow-up text says I'll receive a text with a link to self-schedule my appointment once I get a VIN. Still no change on the Tesla app on the EDD since last week, so this was a nice surprise!

Reactions: sethsodyssey
When do you pick if you are picking up from a dealership or getting it delivered? I would like to pick up from the dealership (there is one hour away) and not pay the $1390 destination fee, do you get to choose that option when it gets closer to the EDD?

When do you pick if you are picking up from a dealership or getting it delivered? I would like to pick up from the dealership (there is one hour away) and not pay the $1390 destination fee, do you get to choose that option when it gets closer to the EDD?

Fairly sure the destination fee is for transporting the car from the factory, not for at-home delivery. Not sure it's going to be waived.

You will pay the destination fee regardless. It is an average shipping and delivery cost for every car, whether picked up at the SC or delivered to you. Generally, you need to live more than 2-3 hours from an SC to have home delivery.

Thought I read in this forum that they do fit. I see both sets on the Tesla site with only slight differences. I have a set I got when I thought I was getting the 2023 model and I’m pretty sure they will fit.
Everything I have just read says they won't fit. Or at least they're not the same as previous years. Tesla rep just confirmed a few minutes ago via text that they are different. I'll probably won't risk wasting some money on something that doesn't fit and either pick up Tesla's or wait for some of the aftermarket manufacturers to make the '24s.

Along the lines of floor mats (making a list of what I need for delivery).....

Is it confirmed the J1772 adapter is still included with the '24 M3? Already have a standard level 2 charger in the garage and until I decide if I should install a Tesla specific station, I'll use the existing as long as the adapter is included. Tesla's site for the adapter purchase separately indicates it's included with every Tesla delivery, just curious if that's still the case.

J1772 adapter is no longer included with the car, just like the mobile connector.

$50 in the Tesla shop https://shop.tesla.com/product/sae-j1772-charging-adapter

Just got my first text from Tesla! Delivery team at Long Beach Tesla (even though I'm way closer to Buena Park Tesla, interesting) says they anticipate my car will be ready soon and they asked for me to confirm I'm ready or not. Still no VIN :( but their follow-up text says I'll receive a text with a link to self-schedule my appointment once I get a VIN. Still no change on the Tesla app on the EDD since last week, so this was a nice surprise!
About 2 weeks ago I got the same text, same location, same follow up text. Still no updates on vin or the follow up text as promised. My EDD window even got pushed back :(
Hopefully that's not going to be the case for you

Update: message noticed on the app (no text) ready for pickup this weekend. Narrow range of available dates (2/9 to 2/11). Will likely pick it up 2/10.

Ordered 01/10
RW
Stealth Grey
18" Photon
Central CA (Stockton pickup)
VIN received 2/6
EDD still shows 2/7 to 2/14 on the app (but can schedule delivery for this weekend)
quick question -- do you get a notification when the VIN is added? or do you just get lucky and catch it in the app?