Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked my Highland up this morning! Unfortunately I've been pretty busy today so haven't had a ton of time with it, but can share some early thoughts. For context, I got the LR and my last car was a Nissan Leaf, so this is definitely a step up!
  1. Software is version 2023.44.300 which seems... a bit out of date. Looking forward to an update, especially with FSD 12! Any thoughts on when I should expect a software update? How often do they usually happen?
  2. Speaking of, FSD is not currently enabled, pending a software update.
  3. It rained on my way home tonight so I was able to test the auto wipers a little bit. Took longer than I would expect to engage, but worked pretty well for me once they got going.
  4. My led alignment was fine for me, but I'm not a super stickler for this sort of thing. The driver side is definitely less aligned than the passenger side.
  5. Crazy that HomeLink is a $350 accessory that requires a service visit! I found a $25 accessory that should enable MyQ for my garage door opener which seems better integrated anyways?
  6. Premium connectivity is $10/month after the one month trial – is it worth it? Seems like probably?

I picked my Highland up this morning! Unfortunately I've been pretty busy today so haven't had a ton of time with it, but can share some early thoughts. For context, I got the LR and my last car was a Nissan Leaf, so this is definitely a step up!
  1. Software is version 2023.44.300 which seems... a bit out of date. Looking forward to an update, especially with FSD 12! Any thoughts on when I should expect a software update? How often do they usually happen?
  3. It rained on my way home tonight so I was able to test the auto wipers a little bit. Took longer than I would expect to engage, but worked pretty well for me once they got going.
  4. My led alignment was fine for me, but I'm not a super stickler for this sort of thing. The driver side is definitely less aligned than the passenger side.
  5. Crazy that HomeLink is a $350 accessory that requires a service visit! I found a $25 accessory that should enable MyQ for my garage door opener which seems better integrated anyways?
  6. Premium connectivity is $10/month after the one month trial – is it worth it? Seems like probably?
Def do premium connectivity

Reactions: Jaycha2 and tutak
So excited to hear another grey in socal getting picked up! Mine's coming real soon!!!!! I KNOW IT

Reactions: tutak
Congrat! Premium connectivity $10/month or $100/year. Gives you satellite map, traffic visualization (Not very reliable!!) streaming audio and Video stations ..

You made full payment on a car you haven't seen. Is that the norm. What if you reject it after inspection? But its already paid for, can you even reject it?
Know the best thing about paying up front? You can get app access to the car before you even pick it up. Happened to me. Quietly wandered onto the lot. Used the vehicle location in the app plus flashed the lights to find my car. Did a quick walk around. Unlocked the car with the app. Got in and drove away all without talking to a single soul. Mostly just wanted to see if it was possible.

Reactions: Falcon73
@IChillinz You were the one that started this thread but you haven't said much! Did you get your Blue 3 yet?!
Sorry I havnt replied lately. I didn’t get my blue with white interior yet. In Milwaukee they have a few more Model 3 Long range vehicles there. I think 3 total now. One is in show room and other two seem to be for test drives.

I’ve stopped in there a few times.

Placed an order a few days ago, and got my Trade In quote (low balled). But one thing in there, it said “Includes value of Full Self Driving”. But I want to transfer FSD to the new vehicle. Are everyone else’s Trade In offers showing this too, or an indicator of something wonky on the back end for my trade? When I placed the order I chatted with an agent online who told me I needed to add FSD to the new build (which I did) but I always suspect chatting with agents yield different results depending on the agent.
Googling, looks like when they did FSD transfers in 2023, people were talking about something in the App indicating FSD Transfer, but I’m not sure where that would be.
So wanted to see if others are showing up the same as I’m seeing right now? The transfer is what pushed me over the edge. Still concerned for delivery timeline being met too (Mar-Apr is what it says).
Thanks!

Reactions: Jaycha2
Placed an order a few days ago, and got my Trade In quote (low balled). But one thing in there, it said “Includes value of Full Self Driving”. But I want to transfer FSD to the new vehicle. Are everyone else’s Trade In offers showing this too, or an indicator of something wonky on the back end for my trade? When I placed the order I chatted with an agent online who told me I needed to add FSD to the new build (which I did) but I always suspect chatting with agents yield different results depending on the agent.
Googling, looks like when they did FSD transfers in 2023, people were talking about something in the App indicating FSD Transfer, but I’m not sure where that would be.
So wanted to see if others are showing up the same as I’m seeing right now? The transfer is what pushed me over the edge. Still concerned for delivery timeline being met too (Mar-Apr is what it says).
Thanks!
Same here. I didn’t add fsd. At some point of time , they will give us the Fsd transfer agreement (if applicable).. lets stay in touch. Also last time they changed the wording to indicate that order was olaced during that quarter

Reactions: Thp3
If you haven't bought the $25 accessory, and you go through this link.. Tesla Compatibility | myQ they send you the $25 adapter for free, with a $1 shipping charge

• Love
If you haven't bought the $25 accessory, and you go through this link.. Tesla Compatibility | myQ they send you the $25 adapter for free, with a $1 shipping charge
I went the myQ route as well and it worked well for me. It's really nice to pull up to the house and the garage door opens up automatically for you (or you can use a button at the top of the touch screen to manually open/close). You've got to tinker a bit with some of the settings about how far away the car is from the garage before the door will open or close automatically but once it's set up it's pretty magical. Every now and again it'll fail for some reason so I still keep a garage remote in the car as a backup.

1 and 2: What you have is a 'starter' software package. FSD and the rest will be sent OTA in a couple weeks or so.
6: Yes. Well worth it IMO. $99/year after the 1 year trial.

Is anyone's purchase here their first Tesla product and used a referral code? I already ordered mine 2/5 and then found out. Tried to get them to add it for my bro in law who literally coerced me into buying this and they said no. Wondering what we are missing out on, if anything.

Is anyone's purchase here their first Tesla product and used a referral code? I already ordered mine 2/5 and then found out. Tried to get them to add it for my bro in law who literally coerced me into buying this and they said no. Wondering what we are missing out on, if anything.
A few weeks ago, when I checked the 2024 Model 3 isnt eligible for referals. I also found the same thing, they said I had to cancel, or buy another car to get the referal added.

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
When I ordered mine, the Advisor essentially told me that Tesla thinks their sales for the M3 will be huge, so they don't want to take referrals for it. Lol, not sure.