Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I personally think we’ve all become such consumers and addicted to instant gratification. I remember how long it used to take to get a letter from Europe, waiting for university acceptance letter, job offer, etc.

Waiting 30-60 days, even 90 is OK for me. This car is worth it. This would be my third Tesla and I simply adore this car. It’s such a pleasure driving it. Let’s use this period of waiting as a meditation. To be in this world but not of it is the key. If we can relax and enjoy the suspense, the anticipation has its merit.
I don't mind the wait. I've been waiting since last year when they announced it in China. The waiting is fine as long as we're getting quality over quantity. It's the lack of transparency that's annoying. They keep pushing the EDD, SA aren't able to help with anything, and people that only waited 7 days got their cars while some of us waited 30+ days and haven't even gotten a VIN. I have no idea what's going on with my order. If it's being pushed aside or lost somewhere. All SA can say is "your order should be coming soon since you EDD is near". Dude my EDD changed to a whole nother month when they told me it should be coming in last week.

Last edited:
I don't mind the wait. I've been waiting since last year when they announced it in China. The waiting is fine as long as we're getting quality over quantity. It's the lack of transparency that's annoying. They keep pushing the EDD, SA aren't able to help with anything, and people that only waited 7 days got their cars while some of us waited 30+ days. I have no idea what's going on with my order. If it's being pushed aside or lost somewhere. All SA can say is "your order should be coming soon since you EDD is near". Dude my EDD changed to a whole nother month when they told me it should be coming in last week.
Yeah I just got told "If we get an update, we'll let you know"

Where is this sheet?

Thanks, I added my info to the sheet.

Today is the culture of getting thing fast. Amazon was able to change the perspective of the people by two day shipping and free returns. The technology is so advanced that we are able to know where is a package and how long it takes to arrive to your home. UPS, Fedex, even USPS. You can follow the delivery truck real time.

The consumer now have the power to decide to choose the best seller, the fastest shipment and the best product.

Customers of Tesla are not the same like years ago willing to wait without limit and get a low quality car. The customer want transparency, the product quick and with outstanding quality. Model 3 Highland is meeting the quality expectations but still short in other areas. Why the US Gigafactory still cannot achieve the numbers of Berlin or China?

Fierce competition is coming. Rivian R2 being announced in March 7 with competitive prices. BYOD building a plant in Mexico and therefore bringing the cars to US. Time is running out.

If Tesla do not evolve it will be like Apple. When a new iphone launched years ago you had to wait months, now you can get it in launch date and it is selling less due to the fierce competition and the product is not innovative. The customer wants more!

If the car does not arrive in time before my loan expires I will consider other options. Also I will request a chargeback for the 250 because they failed the promise of delivery January-February when I placed the order. I trusted Tesla delivering the car when I had 2 weeks interval with delivery in Feb 5th. I got ready the downpayment and the accesories. Then puff! Your car got delayed 4 weeks or more without explanation... my SA just said "you need to wait and reapply for the loan."

Last edited: