Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I created the Tesla 2024 Model 3 sheet for us to track and monitor.
i made some improvements for sure, but who ever took it to the next level with the stats is incredible! thank you!
That would be me 🙋

Hope you don't mind I broke the sheet up into USA / Can & Aus to match the threads here

Canadian deliveries were giving me false hope so I thought I should separate those which led to the AWD & RWD breakdown

The data was all there for the mining! I woke up this morning to the previous link not working so I thought the sheet had been deleted and had a mini heart attack haha

I just got notification that my order was delayed to Feb 26 - Mar 25 even though I ordered on the 9th of Jan 🤦

Noooooo!

My EDD is doing the thing where the start date updates to today's date but the end date stays the same. Someone in the allocation department really wants me to stay ahead of the pack with the total number of EDD windows...11 So far!
Ordered 1/10
Blue/Black LR Northern CA
My EDD is doing the same thing. Changes everyday. Today 2/17 - 2/29
No Vin

Reactions: tartaruga
Just dropped into the carlsbad location they have 3 grey 3 reds for test drive and two grey awd black int with photons to be picked up. the sales advisor was clearly irritated that i asked if they would lookup my RN. they did tell me that loyalty is a factor in allocations...
I don't think loyalty Is factored in. I was one of the first to buy a Model S in Sept 2012 and this is now my 4th Tesla but I am in the same boat as everyone else.

I don't think loyalty Is factored in. I was one of the first to buy a Model S in Sept 2012 and this is now my 4th Tesla but I am in the same boat as everyone else.
i only know what the two reps told me when i went in today, I scoffed when she said loyalty but she doubled down, and confirmed. loyalty, configuration, location, and order date are the parameters used to allocate vins. it's an n of 1, but there were technically two tesla employees side by side iterating this to me. also the floor model had the goofy misaligned front door LED

oh yea. went to a different tesla store today just to find out what was going on with my order

remember on feb 14th, it mysteriously switched from Feb 13-March to April 11 - May 23.

SA was extremely helpful but said, don't sweat it, it will self correct, and yes, it makes no sense etc.

2 hours later --- boom, got a notification that there was a change in my order...
it asked me to accept the fact the car had vision only, hit accept and then boom vin assigned
ED - march 6 -13
VIN Assigned!!!

Last edited:
i only know what the two reps told me when i went in today, I scoffed when she said loyalty but she doubled down, and confirmed. loyalty, configuration, location, and order date are the parameters used to allocate vins. it's an n of 1, but there were technically two tesla employees side by side iterating this to me. also the floor model had the goofy misaligned front door LED
What you've gotta remember is that the big companies (Tesla, Apple, etc) very rarely share the true nitty gritty details down to the customer-facing (retail) employees. So they are either listening to the rumor mills, speculate something, or similar. But then they present that information out as absolute fact.
I imagine that the # of people who truly know what their order prioritization is, is rather small. Doubt even Elon knows all the technical details, just a team of software folks (like me) who really have the true details. And who knows, maybe it's a Neural Net just doing its own thing as it sees fit!
For me, I do like to hear the different speculations/ideas, and then try to brain-out what the middle ground is. But in reality, I know I'm just guessing at it too. I won't believe a car is near until a VIN is assigned and an appointment made. And even then, things could change. The other day during a demo drive, the advisor told me that the dates are all accurate (hah, yeah right), but they also had one the other day with transport damage, so back to the queue the customer went. Clearly can't predict which specific vehicles will get transport damage.

I have done this twice!!
Did it lift your spirits or just make the waiting worse? I did the exact same thing (demo drive). I have to admit though I was expecting a harder pull on the 0-60 acceleration compared to my early build M3 that I have now. I could tell the AWD vehicle was faster than mine (about a second or so per specs), but it wasn't night and day either. The seat coolers on the other hand - oh.. my... god. Loved that feeling!

Reactions: EODPat
oh yea. went to a different tesla store today just to find out what was going on with my order

remember on feb 14th, it mysteriously switched from Feb 13-March to April 11 - May 23.

SA was extremely helpful but said, don't sweat it, it will self correct, and yes, it makes no sense etc.

2 hours later --- boom, got a notification that there was a change in my order...
it asked me to accept the fact the car had vision only, hit accept and then boom vin assigned
ED - march 6 -13
VIN Assigned!!!
That’s awesome traubgator!! Very happy you got a good resolution. Your situation made zero sense.

Reactions: sydneylax

ED - march 6 -13
VIN Assigned!!!
Congrats! Glad it worked out for you. I wonder why I never got a VIN assigned when my EDD cut down tremendously to only a 8 day window. March 1-8. 🤔 Maybe later this week?

So after it was mentioned that allocations are affected by “loyalty” I called in to support to have my accounts merged. Had the previous 5 Tesla’s I owned (along with my solar and powerwall) on one email and my 2 newer (daughters 2023 model 3 and this upcoming delivery) on a different email… stupid Apple Pay caused the issue.

The phone rep somewhat confirmed the loyalty allocations. We’ll see if that nudges things along or not. Still may change to black interior also but we’ll see after I head to the demo drive.

Reactions: 1stEV_24_M3_LR
So after it was mentioned that allocations are affected by “loyalty” I called in to support to have my accounts merged. Had the previous 5 Tesla’s I owned (along with my solar and powerwall) on one email and my 2 newer (daughters 2023 model 3 and this upcoming delivery) on a different email… stupid Apple Pay caused the issue.

The phone rep somewhat confirmed the loyalty allocations. We’ll see if that nudges things along or not. Still may change to black interior also but we’ll see after I head to the demo drive.
Will be interesting to hear!

Reactions: zoomer0056
My trade-in offer expired yesterday. The app just updated and asked me to submit new info. Didn't have to take pictures this time, just give new odometer reading. New offer was $300 less, an insignificant amount in my opinion, and I accepted.
When, if ever, do you get assigned a Sales Advisor? After getting a VIN?

Order date: 01/10/2024
AWD, red/black/ 18"
EDD: Feb. 20- March 5

Agree, 6 test drive vehicles sounds pretty excessive. I went to my local center for a test drive too, I was literally the only non employee there. I dunno how many demo vehicles they had but I hope not every center gets 6 of a model, they sure didn’t need multiples when I went!
I did kinda want to take a Model S for a spin, especially if they had a Plaid. But then I didn’t want to ruin myself either. So I didn’t ask.
I totally get them wanting to prioritize repeat customers, as I think is fitting to do as a reward for loyalty.
The SC I went to in PA had a few M3 demo vehicles - but even on a weekday afternoon, surprised to see people streaming in for test drives. I can see why they would want multiple..