Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You can take pictures of the car, and the registration in the spot. You need to call the insurance company on spot and get all verification. I recommend you go earlier to pickup and choose a weekday.
The bad thing is that progressive just does verification via email. They don’t have a number to call for verification and their regular number don’t connect to the verification team. You are saying I should go to my Tesla location before the pick up day and try to ask for taking pictures of it? Verification might take some days so I don’t think I can do on spot.

I hope so too. Give it a thorough unemotional inspection. Only take it home if it passes.
Talked to the Tesla local rep, he called me today on a Sunday, asked him why my timeline was so weird. I.e yesterday it’s 2/28-3/30 and now I’m picking up on Tuesday 2/20.

He said Tesla “randomly” sent them a ton on a train so when they arrived yesterday they pulled matching orders from the list.

For those in New England/Tri-State.

I just went to the Milford Connecticut SC and the advisor was able to ping and check my vehicle location by RN#. When I asked why their response was different from my previous check-ins on status. He said they normally get similar requests from other customers and RN#s are simply order numbers and not specifically assigned to an owner, implying that only when the VIN# is assigned with direct ownership/commitment to that vehicle can they track/ping to provide that information to the owner. He was able to confirm two things: (1) Current vehicle location in NY (in transit, fully charged), heading to NJ. (2) and that vehicles delivered to these areas are placed on 2 trains, 1st leg - Fremont, CA to Upstate NY (didn't confirm location), 2nd leg - Upstate NY to NJ depot . From NJ depot, the vehicles are dispersed to NJ, DE, NY, CT, PA, NH, ME, MA, RI (not sure about Canada)

My OD is 1.10, VIN assigned on 2.11. Chances are if you have delivery estimates Feb 22. - March 6, your car may be part of this batch and the variation in EDD within this timeline is dependent on trucking logistics. Another way of looking at it is, if you ordered 1.12., 1.28, etc., you'll be part of the next shipment batch (whenever that is). From my conversation, I also gathered that the importance is given by order date, location, demand of specs, and since it appears RWD has gotten higher demand based on other markets, Tesla has strategized starting with RWD with standard features vs LR with premium features. I guess Tesla feels they can predictably meets their targets this way

Hope this is some what helpful

Good news: I got my VIN!

Bad news: I'm on a deadlock. I'm new in the US and I don't have insurance. I have a quote with progressive but they ask documents for verification to complete the purchase. They ask for:
1. Vehicle Photos: I feel Tesla won't be giving me that even if I ask (?).
2. Vehicle Registration: " bill of sale if you just purchased the vehicle.": I guess I have to complete the purchase before inspection then?
I got the same request from Progressive. They said it needed special diligence. Someone else can correct me, but I get a sense that the way the industry works is that they use 3rd party agents to book policies when their online system cannot handle it. Once your quote is "assigned" to the 3rd party, they direct you from online to the 3rd party phone number. I had quotes that kept going up in price the longer they would have me on the phone. I ended up starting all over at Geico, booked completely online, and got a way better deal than any phone agent could give me. I just used my VIN and personal info and didn't need to verify anything.

It did both haha!

Enjoyed driving it and getting to see it, which validated the decision to get this car. But after leaving I want it even more haha

I drove two rwd models and found the punch fun, I ordered a dual motor so am excited to drive it.

Is your current 3 a dual motor I assume?
Having already driven the new Model 3 RWD, I drove the new LR yesterday on 18’s. I was the first one to drive it as it had 5 miles on it. As you would expect it was much faster. I connected my phone and played a demo playlist I have with wide dynamic range. There was noticeably more bass than the RWD, it really sounded great. I currently drive a BMW with the Bowers & Wilkins sound system and I was not disappointed. It was also extremely quiet, even at 80. One other note, the steering was quite firm in the standard setting. I would compare it to the BMW in sport, so I had no reason the change it. Looking forward to receiving mine.

My sales advisor told me yesterday that the day we get a VIN is our car's birthday. He said they're normally shipped out the next day. I'm scheduled to pick mine up Tuesday unless they release it early. It seems like the cars have to be at the dealer location a little bit before we can take it. I bet you get yours close to 3/1!
Hopefully! Thank you!

Does anyone know what a ball park figure should cost to get a level 2 charging 240 volt outlet installed in a garage? I know it is dependent on different things like the length to the electrical box, but I rang one company and they said roughly $1700 is that about average or over priced?
When getting quotes, don't say it's for an EV, and especially don't say it''s for a Tesla. Just say you want a NEMA 14-50R installed. Or say it's for a welder. As soon as these places hear EV or Tesla the price inflates.

Having already driven the new Model 3 RWD, I drove the new LR yesterday on 18’s. I was the first one to drive it as it had 5 miles on it. As you would expect it was much faster. I connected my phone and played a demo playlist I have with wide dynamic range. There was noticeably more bass than the RWD, it really sounded great. I currently drive a BMW with the Bowers & Wilkins sound system and I was not disappointed. It was also extremely quiet, even at 80. One other note, the steering was quite firm in the standard setting. I would compare it to the BMW in sport, so I had no reason the change it. Looking forward to receiving mine.
Did the RWD still sound nice? I know it definitely is a huge difference since the AWD has 2 subs but I’m hoping the RWD is still very good.

Reactions: happyelegance
Burbank, CA
Order date - January 10, 1 hour after launch
LR, Stealth Grey, White int, Photon 18s
EDD January - February

Update: 1/10 = January - February
Update: 1/24 = January 30 - February 10
Now: 1/12 = February 17 - March 2
UPDATE AS OF 2/18

Est Delivery: Feb 27 - March 26

This is the third time it's been pushed back, no VIN yet. Any advice or feedback? Thank you

Reactions: catxi
When getting quotes, don't say it's for an EV, and especially don't say it''s for a Tesla. Just say you want a NEMA 14-50R installed. Or say it's for a welder. As soon as these places hear EV or Tesla the price inflates.
I told the electrician my wife was getting a bigger kiln and needed 240v. 5 years later I was looking for the ev breaker and couldn’t find it. Then remembered it was labeled as kiln on the sticker. 😀