Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Let us know how it goes!!!
It went great! The whole process literally took like 5 minutes. This is my first Tesla so I wasn’t sure what to expect. The only bad thing in my case was that it was raining so I didn’t get to enjoy the car dry and shiny lol.

It’s a really smooth riding car considering it’s riding on 19s and I’m really loving the interior materials. Much nicer than previous model 3s I’ve test driven. I got a rwd and it’s plenty quick for everyday driving. The speakers also sound a bit better than I was expecting. Although this doesn’t have any subs, it’s still has some nice bass when you mess around with the EQ settings. One thing I don’t like is the ambient light adjusts to the screen at night so if you want the led strip to be bright, be prepared to be blinded by your screen unless you have it on the color selection wheel.

I took it right away to go get tinted. At the moment I only have the doors and back window tinted but I’ll show after pictures when I get my windshield tinted as well on Monday.

Attachments

• IMG_9284.jpeg
    IMG_9284.jpeg
    678.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9653.jpeg
    IMG_9653.jpeg
    524.4 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9652.jpeg
    IMG_9652.jpeg
    586.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_9654.jpeg
    IMG_9654.jpeg
    439.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_9297.jpeg
    IMG_9297.jpeg
    488.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9657.jpeg
    IMG_9657.jpeg
    280.5 KB · Views: 19
It went great! The whole process literally took like 5 minutes. This is my first Tesla so I wasn’t sure what to expect. The only bad thing in my case was that it was raining so I didn’t get to enjoy the car dry and shiny lol.

It’s a really smooth riding car considering it’s riding on 19s and I’m really loving the interior materials. Much nicer than previous model 3s I’ve test driven. I got a rwd and it’s plenty quick for everyday driving. The speakers also sound a bit better than I was expecting. Although this doesn’t have any subs, it’s still has some nice bass when you mess around with the EQ settings. One thing I don’t like is the ambient light adjusts to the screen at night so if you want the led strip to be bright, be prepared to be blinded by your screen unless you have it on the color selection wheel.

I took it right away to go get tinted. At the moment I only have the doors and back window tinted but I’ll show after pictures when I get my windshield tinted as well on Monday.
Awesome! Stealth grey looks so dark and sleek on cloudy day :D

Was the John Deere tractor your trade-in? 😆

2 questions:

anyone know if the new model has the ability for sliding tray inserts for both center consoles? I can't seem to figure it out,

and any other good recommendations on amazon for all weather floor mats?
I was looking at these -- i like plain, no logos etc
I just did the tray and mats from Tesla. Wasn’t worth saving a couple bucks to me to potentially get something that didn’t fit right or felt cheap.
FWIW - got mats for both my daughter’s 2023 model 3 and for my upcoming 3… when mine arrived first (way too early 😔) she put them in her car and they fit fine. I had her swap them out for the correct set but shows they’re very similar. The set for the highland 3 is slightly more rigid and solidly built.

I just did the tray and mats from Tesla. Wasn’t worth saving a couple bucks to me to potentially get something that didn’t fit right or felt cheap.
FWIW - got mats for both my daughter’s 2023 model 3 and for my upcoming 3… when mine arrived first (way too early 😔) she put them in her car and they fit fine. I had her swap them out for the correct set but shows they’re very similar. The set for the highland 3 is slightly more rigid and solidly built.
Are the carpet mats that come with the LR pretty bad? I had ordered the all weather, which look easier to clean and such, but then my SA told me they come with the carpet ones so I cancelled the order. 😅

which mats did you order for the new 3?

So you're saying that 2023 mats will fit in a 2024?

Asking because I have a new set for the 2023 model, then my order got updated to the 2024 model (pick up this Thursday). It's too late to return the 2023 mats, but I was going to try and make them work in the 2024.

Reactions: zoomer0056
which mats did you order for the new 3?

So you're saying that 2023 mats will fit in a 2024?

Asking because I have a new set for the 2023 model, then my order got updated to the 2024 model (pick up this Thursday). It's too late to return the 2023 mats, but I was going to try and make them work in the 2024.
Can’t say for certain as I’m still waiting on my 2024… but the reverse was true.

Reactions: NickA55
Are the carpet mats that come with the LR pretty bad? I had ordered the all weather, which look easier to clean and such, but then my SA told me they come with the carpet ones so I cancelled the order. 😅
Someone else can answer about the quality of the mats. My assumption was there weren’t any as other 3’s come without (such a strange way for Tesla to save a couple bucks).
Either way I always buy all-weather mats as I have a couple dogs and hate that the hair always finds a way to track in and is horrible to get completely out.

Reactions: sethsodyssey
Someone else can answer about the quality of the mats. My assumption was there weren’t any as other 3’s come without (such a strange way for Tesla to save a couple bucks).
Either way I always buy all-weather mats as I have a couple dogs and hate that the hair always finds a way to track in and is horrible to get completely out.
LRs, carpet mats. SRs, no mats!

Reactions: sethsodyssey
2 questions:

anyone know if the new model has the ability for sliding tray inserts for both center consoles? I can't seem to figure it out,

and any other good recommendations on amazon for all weather floor mats?
I was looking at these -- i like plain, no logos etc