Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve set my delivery before giving insurance information. Actually, I was trying to convince my TA to send me pictures for the insurance. Then I’ve asked if I’d be able to schedule delivery before inputting that information. They answered with: “No, you can schedule delivery. When do you want to pick it up?”. I haven’t answered because I was still figuring the insurance out, but on the next day I’ve got the delivery text message. So I guess it probably really depends on the status of the car and probably their workload at the SC(?).
Hmmm. Maybe. I guess it’s just confusing because theres some people getting pretty wide EODs and getting pick up dates, but I only have 7-10 days and still nothing

Reactions: zoomer0056
I’m just gonna upload my insurance most likely on the app and see if that fixes my situation. Cause no way I get 2 very short windows and not a single delivery date option.
Patience... I received my VIN on the 13th and only got the option for a pickup date on the 22nd (the day before my window opened)-- first available pickup on Mar 1. I will be uploading my insurance next week.

Reactions: sydneylax
1/10 reservation. VIN assigned about 2 weeks ago. Delivery date scheduled for 3/3.

Stealth Gray
Black Interior
18"
LR-AWD
no FSD

I had a buyback for my 2021 Model S Long Range so will be interesting coming from that to this. I test drove this when I went to drop off the S. It actually sounds more quiet than the S and drives like the 3 from what I remember. Only wish they made the RWD LR!

Last edited:
1/10 reservation. VIN assigned about 2 weeks ago. Delivery date scheduled for 3/3.

Stealth Gray
Black Interior
18"
LR-AWD
no FSD

I had a buyback for my 2021 Model S Long Range so will be interesting coming from that to this. I test drove this when I went to drop off the S. It actually sounds more quiet than the S and drives like the 3 from what I remember. Only wish they made the RWD LR!
Congrats! Just over a week to go. What’s your location?

Could it be because I didn’t put my insurance in the app? The person that ordered the car for me said it doesn’t affect delivery but now I have a feeling it does?
I didn’t have my insurance in the app either. I won’t have it uploaded until Monday when my agent can work on it. I think it may be random based on the dealer you’re picking it up at. I noticed that we have had consistent delivery day estimates, even though we’re in different states on the East Coast, and one day after it changed to February 26 to March 6 I was asked to schedule delivery. All my communications from Tesla in the mobile app typically come at one minute past the top of the hour, which makes me think it is either automated or scheduled to be sent out at a specified time by a human at the local dealer.

Reactions: sydneylax
I didn’t have my insurance in the app either. I won’t have it uploaded until Monday when my agent can work on it. I think it may be random based on the dealer you’re picking it up at. I noticed that we have had consistent delivery day estimates, even though we’re in different states on the East Coast, and one day after it changed to February 26 to March 6 I was asked to schedule delivery. All my communications from Tesla in the mobile app typically come at one minute past the top of the hour, which makes me think it is either automated or scheduled to be sent out at a specified time by a human at the local dealer.
Yeah my dates switched yesterday to Feb 26th, I never got a text today. Hopefully soon!

Delivery is tomorrow and I’m super excited. Thay’s not only my first EV but also my first car. Any general tips, besides the regular model3-specific checklist? My only “concern” is one-pedal driving, I’ll probably be driving around the neighborhood of the service center before taking the road home.
One pedal driving is great! Took me about an hour to get used to it (had a 7 hour drive home). I kept letting off the "gas" pedal to apply the brake and it felt like I was brake checking the people behind me, lol. But you get used to it quickly.

One thing I found out is the brake lights will come on when regenerative braking.

Stealth Gray
Black Interior
18"
LR-AWD
no FSD

California?

Just so you can start sounding like a Tesla veteran — there are no dealers or dealerships in the Tesla environment. There are Tesla delivery centers and service centers (often in the same location), Tesla body shops, and Tesla galleries (car showings only, no deliveries or service). Tesla sells cars unlike the traditional dealership model.

Reactions: scooter62
Just got a message randomly from Tesla saying "Complete your payment info to prepare for delivery" no VIN or updates to my EDD of Mar 11-31st though. Anyone else get this message when they were close?
I messaged and asked if that meant that I'm within a 30-day delivery window, they replied and said "It does not, it just indicates that we recommend to apply for financing now"

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056