Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay Folks, I have insurance questions, new to the States, got my VIN and need to get my insurance so I have a quote and need to select coverage start date, do I just guess roughly when I think Tesla will be delivered? My current Auto insurance rotates on a 6 month basis and expires March 1st, should I cancel that insurance before March 1st or can I cancel 1 month into an insurance policy....sorry if this makes no sense!!

Day 45
No VIN
EDD is still 2/26-3/11
Met someone in my area with the new 3 last night. They said they ordered in Feb and got their car like 2 weeks ago. I am so discouraged. Ill never get my white interior. I've lost hope. Tesla better pay for my therapy.
I’m with you catxi lol, it’s been brutal. I broke down and changed to black interior (I had a 21 M3 RWD in black interior and loved it, didn’t think it was worth the wait for white but looks like it’s still the same EDD after changing it.

• Love
Reactions: catxi
Okay Folks, I have insurance questions, new to the States, got my VIN and need to get my insurance so I have a quote and need to select coverage start date, do I just guess roughly when I think Tesla will be delivered? My current Auto insurance rotates on a 6 month basis and expires March 1st, should I cancel that insurance before March 1st or can I cancel 1 month into an insurance policy....sorry if this makes no sense!!
I’d give your insurance company a call a let em’ know your situation. USAA helped me set a date when to implement coverage.

Reactions: Falcon73
Congrats! Would love to know what factors people were discussing for the RWD vs AWD debate? Have booked AWD but still keep thinking RWD is better value/ more suited to my needs now..
We are in Honolulu where it rains frequently (usually for short durations in summer, but winter rain storms can be real down pours). We don't need the range of AWD, but we really like how the AWD handles in the rain compared to RWD, especially in the stop and go traffic on the busy freeways and the hilly up and down winding narrow roads.

Day 45
No VIN
EDD is still 2/26-3/11
Met someone in my area with the new 3 last night. They said they ordered in Feb and got their car like 2 weeks ago. I am so discouraged. Ill never get my white interior. I've lost hope. Tesla better pay for my therapy.
Just think, all the people canceling their white interiors will just bump us up in the line, look at the positive side!

On the same boat, ordered white interior AWD on 1/10 and see my EDD pushed to Mar 9 - Mar 31. My only hope will be Tesla will use that extra $500 to speed up the white interior production

Reactions: catxi
Congrats! Would love to know what factors people were discussing for the RWD vs AWD debate? Have booked AWD but still keep thinking RWD is better value/ more suited to my needs now..
Ordered AWD. Rains a lot here and roads get slick. Also snows almost every winter, then the snow melts, refreezes and becomes ice. Next morning there are cars in the ditch all along our highway. If we want to go up the mountains to go skiing, or visit friends and family in Eastern Oregon, then AWD plus chains or studs makes that possible. My last two cars have had AWD. There is no comparison to the control it gives you.

Bumping a link to the Google Sheet tracker. Please update your entry! :)

Reactions: EODPat and actripp
I’d give your insurance company a call a let em’ know your situation. USAA helped me set a date when to implement coverage.
Allstate and other major insurance companies lets you add a car to existing Insurance by default without any paper work. Once you have the car, give them the vin at your earliest . Car would be insured under your policy as soon as you vet possession of the car…

Reactions: happyelegance
Bumping a link to the Google Sheet tracker. Please update your entry! :)

Of the 171 people on this spreadsheet who ordered AWD, only 7 have received VINs. Of course it's possible that many haven't updated their info.

Reactions: ahkahn and xii_
Better driving, (more) instant torque, better speakers, higher quality interior, but mostly…
1708821779924.gif

Ok, after driving it today for a while, I already love one-pedal driving. It fits so well with my driving style! I’m really happy about it. Just for parking that I’m still a bit apprehensive and moving like a tartaruga (turtle).
One-pedal driving is absolutely wonderful. Once you get used to it, there’s no going back.
I had originally planned to get a used Porsche Taycan instead of the Highland. It’s gorgeous (neptune blue 👨‍🍳 🤌🏻) and in another world of build quality. However, Porsche (and some Audis) don’t do one-pedal driving. They engage regenerative braking when you hit the brakes, then engage brake pads as you push harder. Absolutely heartbreaking that they’d stoop to being a bridge car to convince ICE drivers that EVs aren’t so bad.
One-pedal driving is one of the things that make driving an EV so great. Each one is slightly different (same can be said for ICE cars brakes), but once you get a feel for it there’s a whole other level of control and driving experience. Enjoy!

Well I ordered February 11, and today February 24 I got my VIN. Now the app says est delivery is Mar 8 - 15. Sure hope its 8th as I leave town on the 11th. I have to take delivery in March or lose xferred free supercharging from my S, which would suck. Stress sucks, but it'll be worth it in the end I hope. I saw the red 3 at a showroom in the Woodlands - its awesome. Can't wait!

• Love
Reactions: happyelegance
Well I ordered February 11, and today February 24 I got my VIN. Now the app says est delivery is Mar 8 - 15. Sure hope its 8th as I leave town on the 11th. I have to take delivery in March or lose xferred free supercharging from my S, which would suck. Stress sucks, but it'll be worth it in the end I hope. I saw the red 3 at a showroom in the Woodlands - its awesome. Can't wait!
1708833117024.png

OOOH yeah... how yummy is the red!!!! I think i need to up my fashion quotient to match the car :) :) :)
(Not my pic, SOURCE: Reddit)

Last edited:

Wow, just like that, from two-month EDD to VIN!

I didn't want a March delivery, so I ordered two days after you. Maybe there's hope, even for a LR customer like me.