Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I ordered February 11, and today February 24 I got my VIN. Now the app says est delivery is Mar 8 - 15. Sure hope its 8th as I leave town on the 11th. I have to take delivery in March or lose xferred free supercharging from my S, which would suck. Stress sucks, but it'll be worth it in the end I hope. I saw the red 3 at a showroom in the Woodlands - its awesome. Can't wait!
Oh, you mean this Red 3... ;) Howdy, neighbor!

1708833458092.png

Those in California (or states that require a front LP) - Is it possible or normal to take delivery without the front plate holders drilled in? Coming from BMW and Mercedes, I've been able to request that they don't install the front plate bracket, and hasn't been an issue for me. Unsure how tesla delivers, but i'd like some insight on if it's possible to request this. Thank you!

Those in California (or states that require a front LP) - Is it possible or normal to take delivery without the front plate holders drilled in? Coming from BMW and Mercedes, I've been able to request that they don't install the front plate bracket, and hasn't been an issue for me. Unsure how tesla delivers, but i'd like some insight on if it's possible to request this. Thank you!
Model 3 Highland front plate bracked is not drilled. You can attach the optional one with 3M tape.

Maybe a retrofit for front bumper camera will be added later on that have the LP there is not recommended.

Reactions: Falcon73
Reactions: tartaruga
I was told that the RWD can be charged to 100% every day and the AWD should be only charged daily to 80% so that basically gives them the same range. Once I heard that I was totally fine with RWD. After driving my car around a lot today I'm SO happy with it. I've had a lot of nice cars but this is the funnest one I've ever driven.
This has been my theory as well. Let's hope we are right! :D

Reactions: Mystic Mermaid
New to this thread, but this will be the second Tesla we’ve ordered! The first was an S, but now I’m very excited to have ordered the Highland M3 this past week! I got to test drive it at our local delivery center and absolutely fell in love. I can see I’ll be waiting awhile to get my hands on it, but glad I’m in good company 😊

OD: 2/21/24
EST DD 1: Feb-Mar
RWD, Stealth Gray, Black interior, 19 inch Nova Wheels

New to this thread, but this will be the second Tesla we’ve ordered! The first was an S, but now I’m very excited to have ordered the Highland M3 this past week! I got to test drive it at our local delivery center and absolutely fell in love. I can see I’ll be waiting awhile to get my hands on it, but glad I’m in good company 😊

OD: 2/21/24
EST DD 1: Feb-Mar
RWD, Stealth Gray, Black interior, 19 inch Nova Wheels
Welcome to the party. Honestly, with the stats you showed and your location, you’ll probably be in and out of here pretty quick.

Update!

The Tesla support team was able to reassign my original VIN, which is much appreciated and will not require me to redo insurance.

Now they just need to figure out if the logistics team will still be able to get the car here by Monday for the originally scheduled delivery. Fingers crossed 🤞

As of now, I should be picking up my new model 3 in about 24 hours! Advisor confirmed everything is still on track and the car will be available for my originally scheduled delivery. Kind of feel like a kid on Christmas Eve haha.

Will be my first EV... any recommendations on things to look for or settings to adjust on delivery day??

Bracket is not drilled on, it has 2sided adhesive strips to be glued to the bumper.
When schedule delivery, ask them not to install the frame.
normally they leave the bracket in the trunk, but ask them ahead of time just in case.

Reactions: happyelegance