Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apparently we should just preach doom and gloom. I said something about 2 (early) orders who had their status changed to May. Based on previous history on this forum this often results in a forthcoming VIN assignment. I’m hopeful for them. Not certain of anything. Maybe my use of “probably” was too strong for some people’s taste. However, chill the F out. We’re all frustrated with waiting, especially those of us in the early January batch. I get it but chill a bit.

How long after getting VIN do people generally get an actual delivery date? I got mine and the EDD just changed to Mar 14 - Mar 23.

Also, got a message saying to provide insurance, but when I called Tesla to have them add the car to my current Tesla insurance policy, the agent said I need an actual delivery date, not an estimate...

How long after getting VIN do people generally get an actual delivery date? I got mine and the EDD just changed to Mar 14 - Mar 23.

Also, got a message saying to provide insurance, but when I called Tesla to have them add the car to my current Tesla insurance policy, the agent said I need an actual delivery date, not an estimate...
I don't think youre gonna get a good enough estimate from anyone because it varies.

My assumption is when you have a VIN, your car is just waiting for transport truck space and possibly parking space at the receiving service center.

Reactions: DingoStar and Fatal
The company I work for ordered a bunch of highlands LR (350 to 500 units)..we were only allowed to pick interior/exterior colors..EDD was all in April-May
Then they allowed RWD and model Y..a bunch of people switched to RWD for faster delivery, and now they all have EDD in March.
so If you're in a hurry, switch to RWD

The company I work for ordered a bunch of highlands LR (350 to 500 units)..we were only allowed to pick interior/exterior colors..EDD was all in April-May
Then they allowed RWD and model Y..a bunch of people switched to RWD for faster delivery, and now they all have EDD in March.
so If you're in a hurry, switch to RWD
AWD orders are filling now by order date. Just not white interiors, those are probably next (likely see those in next two weeks). AWD orders for the most part are by order date, changing config in the AWD queue (white interior to black) likely shuffles your position back into the ppl who ordered blk interior first (not sure the algorithm here).

AWD orders are filling now by order date. Just not white interiors, those are probably next (likely see those in next two weeks). AWD orders for the most part are by order date, changing config in the AWD queue (white interior to black) likely shuffles your position back into the ppl who ordered blk interior first (not sure the algorithm here).
Might follow up with if your order date wasn’t within first two weeks you will likely be shifted to the next batch of AWD. Which may or may not come before white interior anything. Seems like the production’s re going

A Few AWDs as test batch and test drivers (test drivers are grey and red, rest of cars to test paint appliqué went to customers)
RWD as test batch and test drivers
Continue RWD production to fill matching interior orders (Early to late Feb 23)
Re-run the AWD with blk interiors (Feb 23-on)
total speculation zone:
AWD with white interior
RWD with white interior
Repeat runs based on order #s

Reactions: M3ski22
Might follow up with if your order date wasn’t within first two weeks you will likely be shifted to the next batch of AWD. Which may or may not come before white interior anything. Seems like the production’s re going

A Few AWDs as test batch and test drivers (test drivers are grey and red, rest of cars to test paint appliqué went to customers)
total speculation zone:
AWD with white interior
RWD with white interior

Thanks for the info! Curious....did you get this info from an inside source ?

Had a 5th EDD update:
ODD - 1/28 - RWD - Grey - Black - 18'
1st EDD - Feb-Mar
2nd - Feb 20 - Mar 19
3rd - Feb 24 - March 9
4th - Mar 9 - Mar 16th (VIN Assigned)
5th Mar 3 - Mar 12th

7 day window to 9 day window but definitely closer! Also still waiting for my trade in offer -.-

total speculation zone:
AWD with white interior
RWD with white interior
I wonder how the wheel config could affect this.

total speculation zone:
AWD with white interior
RWD with white interior
My order date of 2/12 got moved to May as well, seeing as people who ordered mid January get the same May update makes me believe Tesla isn't giving them accurate estimation dates, or you are correct about certain peoples orders just stagnating all this time while they weren't making them until Feb 23?