Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is no secret that Tesla operates on a quarterly schedule. They always have. They ship the furthest deliveries first and the closest last. Expecting anything different will just give you an ulcer.
big false, iv seen my build from later order dates be sent to Cali (close) and east coast (far) while I am central. Furthermore, all white interior are being pushed to Q2, so they all slipped this "Quarterly schedule". They don't pay you to defend their poor logistics and communication, lets not be blind to exactly what we are seeing. I can talk days on the inconsistencies.

I've got a LR with white interior so not expecting much from my EDD of "May" but does it actually matter how many of the delivery tasks I complete now versus later? I'm not going to get a trade estimate yet nor am I going to setup financing right now.

I did complete the registration step.
I did everything when I ordered on 1/13 expecting delivery in 3-4 weeks. My trade in expired , I cancelled the lease, changed to cash. Not doing them again until I get a definite Delivery date. Like you, just completed the registration part.
(Got white inside!)

If you’re unhappy with the communication and service with the process of purchasing a Tesla, why would you think that the insurance side of the business would be any better?
Totally agree! Given all my interactions with Tesla (most negative when I need customer support help for Vehicle Purchase and Solar issues), I don't think I would trust them for Insurance. In contrast, the few times I have needed to file a claim with my current insurance provider (roof and garage door damage due to a freak wind storm that rolled through my area like 6 months ago), they were an absolute pleasure to work with!

big false, iv seen my build from later order dates be sent to Cali (close) and east coast (far) while I am central. Furthermore, all white interior are being pushed to Q2, so they all slipped this "Quarterly schedule". They don't pay you to defend their poor logistics and communication, lets not be blind to exactly what we are seeing. I can talk days on the inconsistencies.
There is more at play than just being driven by quarterly numbers (i.e. if you're seeing same builds going out), but Tesla is very much driven by "This quarter's numbers, screw everything else". It sounds like yours is the "other stuff at play" or "something wrong" area, but in general, I do believe they are "this quarter" focused for most (too many) things.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I tried to use USAA safe monitoring crap in my car, it was a miserable experience, hated the idea of always being monitored. couldn't' imagine it in a tesla.
Teslas is better. Doesn’t factor in phone or acceleration.

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpeg
    IMG_1265.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 19
Teslas is better. Doesn’t factor in phone or acceleration.
Tesla insurance is much cheaper for me here in MD, but I have a really hard time with the ghost forward collision warnings. Sometimes I'm just driving down a curved residential road, normal speed, and it gives me a collision warning because of street parked cars. Sometimes it just freaks out when I'm coming up behind another car, slowing down at a normal rate.

I'm curious if the USS in my 2020 M3 has something to do with it and if the new vision only cars have the same issue?

My delivery is scheduled for March 10. But last I heard from Tesla they weren't sure they would make it because the car comes to Dallas from Freemont, and then ships to Houston... Anyone with experience in Houston? How long does it take to get to Houston after your VIN is assigned? I think its been about 11 days since I got my VIN.

Yes - that's my experience as well. I'm in the Midwest. I ordered 01/12 LR, black interior and see others on the West or East coast with later OD and similar configuration getting theirs before me. It just doesn't compute.

Reactions: Jaycha2
Rivian R2 coming out in 2026 so that's not really an option for me. Sticking w Highland order.
Sounds like it will be a boxy model y, more truck looking etc, but simliar size etc.
no way it comes to market at that price point with that range and performance metric.
I'm assuming put people and luggage in an R2, and the range drastically changes, its like a wrangler, a brick driving down the highway -- would love to see the drag efficiency compared to a wrangler. Would think that body type would also generate a lot of wind noise on the highway. I could be 100% wrong, i've never sat in the current rivians

• Funny
Reactions: K.I.T.T.23
Sounds like it will be a boxy model y, more truck looking etc, but simliar size etc.
no way it comes to market at that price point with that range and performance metric.
I'm assuming put people and luggage in an R2, and the range drastically changes, its like a wrangler, a brick driving down the highway -- would love to see the drag efficiency compared to a wrangler. Would think that body type would also generate a lot of wind noise on the highway. I could be 100% wrong, i've never sat in the current rivians
a brick on the Highway, you are not wrong, that made me giggle.

When you are trying to build a new auto company from scratch, there are no guarantees you'll still be in business next quarter. Ask Lordstown, Rivian, Lucid, Canoo, Fisker, ...
But Tesla is WELL beyond being a new auto company built from scratch. For quite some time now. There's a 0% chance they'd implode and go out of business in a 3 month window now.

Yes - that's my experience as well. I'm in the Midwest. I ordered 01/12 LR, black interior and see others on the West or East coast with later OD and similar configuration getting theirs before me. It just doesn't compute.
Yeah weird how people will still defend their logistics even after having evidence to dispute their claims. It’s like people don’t want improvement.

Reactions: StealthgreyM3