Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yes! This is what they told me too. What's up with all the extra stealth grey?

How are you guys calling corporate and getting this info?!?
I had a previous contact from 2 orders ago. Executive resolution team. Honestly I tried not to bug her this time but gave up after 50+ days.

Could be a troll, could also be real because Tesla is completely unpredictable with their process here lol. Try to tune those out. We will get ours in March.
I mean if the Cleveland delivery center is pushing out orders then they can accept more vehicles to then deliver! Cleveland is my pickup location when the time comes, so I’ll live in delusion for a bit longer.

I'll be curious if Franz and Lars address the white seat/interior production issue this afternoon in their chat. I submitted a question about it on X, but there are a ton of questions already posted, many of them related to the Model 3 Performance. I wouldn't be surprised if the focus of the chat is the M3P.

Since conjecture is all we have at this point and nothing else to do but speculate for fun while we wait some extended period of time, here's my unsolicited WAG on what's going on for those of us waiting on a white interior... My guess is Tesla is having an issue with the white seat material from a US or North America source. Here's the logic for that guess... Tesla does not appear to have any issues delivering Model 3's with white interiors out of China, so there is a white seat material available in China which must meet their standards. Fremont has shown they're very capable of building perforated white seats for the X and S. Fremont obviously has no issues building the ventilated seats for the new Model 3, albeit in the black material, so it's likely not an issue related to the actual new ventilated seat production, at least something non-material related. (Plus, Tesla has been building those same seats for months in China.) They also apparently didn't have any issues with non-ventilated white seats for the previous generation of 3's and current generation of Y's. The only notable variable in all of this appears to be the perforated white seat material for the new Model 3 ventilated seats. That leads me to the guess that Tesla has been trying to source the perforated white seat material from a US or North America source and it's not meeting their standards. If they did deliver some new 3's out of Fremont with white interiors early on, perhaps they used the China-sourced material initially or that's when they discovered some durability issues post-delivery for US-sourced materials. Considering how much they've pushed out the deliveries of any 3 with the white interior, it leads me to believe that they're having to source the seat material from a different supplier, or the current supplier is having to update their material and that they have to go through their normal acceptance testing/durability testing of the updated or new material, which just takes time. All this is to say that if this turns out to be the case (or whatever the actual issue is), I'm happy to wait for them to get it right and not deliver something that would be known to have issues shortly down the road.

My fingers are crossed for the folks in California who have a recent (this week) update to an end of March EDD for a Model 3 with a white interior. That shows some promise that Tesla thinks they'll sort out the issue with the white interiors by late March, just in time to get a number of them built and shipped somewhat locally (i.e. California) by the end of the quarter.

I'll be curious if Franz and Lars address the white seat/interior production issue this afternoon in their chat. I submitted a question about it on X, but there are a ton of questions already posted, many of them related to the Model 3 Performance. I wouldn't be surprised if the focus of the chat is the M3P.

Since conjecture is all we have at this point and nothing else to do but speculate for fun while we wait some extended period of time, here's my unsolicited WAG on what's going on for those of us waiting on a white interior... My guess is Tesla is having an issue with the white seat material from a US or North America source. Here's the logic for that guess... Tesla does not appear to have any issues delivering Model 3's with white interiors out of China, so there is a white seat material available in China which must meet their standards. Fremont has shown they're very capable of building perforated white seats for the X and S. Fremont obviously has no issues building the ventilated seats for the new Model 3, albeit in the black material, so it's likely not an issue related to the actual new ventilated seat production, at least something non-material related. (Plus, Tesla has been building those same seats for months in China.) They also apparently didn't have any issues with non-ventilated white seats for the previous generation of 3's and current generation of Y's. The only notable variable in all of this appears to be the perforated white seat material for the new Model 3 ventilated seats. That leads me to the guess that Tesla has been trying to source the perforated white seat material from a US or North America source and it's not meeting their standards. If they did deliver some new 3's out of Fremont with white interiors early on, perhaps they used the China-sourced material initially or that's when they discovered some durability issues post-delivery for US-sourced materials. Considering how much they've pushed out the deliveries of any 3 with the white interior, it leads me to believe that they're having to source the seat material from a different supplier, or the current supplier is having to update their material and that they have to go through their normal acceptance testing/durability testing of the updated or new material, which just takes time. All this is to say that if this turns out to be the case (or whatever the actual issue is), I'm happy to wait for them to get it right and not deliver something that would be known to have issues shortly down the road.

My fingers are crossed for the folks in California who have a recent (this week) update to an end of March EDD for a Model 3 with a white interior. That shows some promise that Tesla thinks they'll sort out the issue with the white interiors by late March, just in time to get a number of them built and shipped somewhat locally (i.e. California) by the end of the quarter.
Really nice deductive work! :) Conjecture but seems logical..

I did some digging yesterday to check out what happened with previous Tesla vehicles releases, with white interiors. From what I’ve seen, past releases and deliveries have ALWAYS favored black interiors. White interiors seem to be second in production, or ‘obviously’ not priority. Just a quick Google search for some FFT

Reactions: ag21
If this speculation is correct then it’s highly unlikely those of us outside CA and especially on the East coast who ordered Day 1 with white interiors will receive their vehicles this quarter. So the April - May EDD that suddenly appeared for many of us maybe actually realistic.

I did some digging yesterday to check out what happened with previous Tesla vehicles releases, with white interiors. From what I’ve seen, past releases and deliveries have ALWAYS favored black interiors. White interiors seem to be second in production, or ‘obviously’ not priority. Just a quick Google search for some FFT
My current 2021 M3 with white interior was delivered in 30 days from order date back then in early Jan 21.

• Informative
Reactions: ag21 and zoomer0056
IMG_3591.jpeg
IMG_3589.jpeg
Went to my local Tesla in Miami to fix my lease offer and saw this stealth grey there. 🙂 Enjoy if you ordered one! (I still think the black looks better😉)