Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I placed my order for a rwd stealth grey model 3 today , leasing this one. Placed my order shortly before noon. Got everything submitted and was already approved for lease. Now I already have a VIN assigned. How long should I be thinking?
This has me soooo weak 😂😂 while I’m happy for you, I feel for ya’ll waiting so long cause the impatience is real! 😅

• Funny
Reactions: Wolfedude88
Picked mine up today - stay strong guys, it's way better than I thought it might be. Really pleased with it.

1000002972.jpg

My current EDD in FL for LR with black interior is March 28th to March 31st with FSD transfer. Very much aware that it could be delayed, but wondering, how long should i wait before submitting these 2 remaining task?. Quite certain that tesla would want me to have these tasks completed by 31st as part of good faith attempt to get delivery by EOD required for FSD transfer.

i made the mistake of running my mouth that i was getting the car, so now i'm bombarded with texts, asking about the car and send pictures........breaks my heart to tell them I don't have the car yet
Yeah pretty embarrassing defending how cool the car is to Tesla haters, then they ask to see it and you have to tell them you’ve been waiting for months to get it. (Especially embarrassing when others are getting theirs after ordering well over a month than I did on the release date.)

Reactions: catxi
My current EDD in FL for LR with black interior is March 28th to March 31st with FSD transfer. Very much aware that it could be delayed, but wondering, how long should i wait before submitting these 2 remaining task?. Quite certain that tesla would want me to have these tasks completed by 31st as part of good faith attempt to get delivery by EOD required for FSD transfer.
It may depend what the tasks are. If it's just giving Registration and Insurance info, sure. If it's applying for Loan/Lease, I'd wait until it's a little closer. If you do it now and they slip, you might exceed their 30 day period. If it's a Trade-In offer, worst that happens is they have to re-evaluate the trade.
My POV, you don't want to give them any chance to point and say "Delivery slipped because the customer didn't do something". Have all your ducks lined-up so you can legitimately say "Slippage was 100% Tesla's fault, 0% mine". I still feel it's pretty unclear how they're going to handle FSD transfer people (like me) beyond March 31st. Legal document we signed: it isn't gonna transfer. Anything else is various degrees of opinions or non-legally enforceable Tweets. I hope they do the right thing but it's worrisome it will all be whims of Service Advisors whether they transfer or not.

Tomorrow is the start of my EDD range March 9-31. If I get pushed into April I’m canceling, so moment of truth
There's no alternative. You will wait and be patient. Else you will not exit this right of passage that all Highlanders pass. You'll not have earned the right to be a Highlander driver. You'll always then be looking at those other beautiful cars on the road. You'll be kicking yourself as you look through the window of your second choice-not-a-dream car.

So suck it up, do you want it ... I can't hear you ... do you really want it!?

Just teasing. Your car will come soon enough.