Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today! Extremely smooth experience. No (obvious) defects detected. Drives excellent; definitely an improvement from the 2020 model.

It's a bummer that FSD isn't enabled yet on these though. I'm excited to see how HW4 compares!

Good luck, everyone!

IMG_0724.JPG

IMG_0725.JPG

So… finally got a VIN. Even that was an adventure. No matter what anyone tried, they couldn’t get a VIN assigned. I swear, at least for me, Tesla only delivers to Arizona on the last 2-3 days of a quarter.
Finally there was a (non-demo) exact match in Palm Springs. Offered to fly there and pick it up but they assigned it to me and are shipping it over.

Funny enough I drove a Rivian R1S today and was really considering buying one of those out of inventory. Not really comparable, kinda like apples and watermelons… but it was ridiculously nice. Fast as hell (3s 0-60) and solidly made.
This whole process just sucked (again) and took the shine off the car. I’m sure I’ll love my Highland (lol) and forget this nonsense soon enough, but for now it reminded me why I moved away from Tesla for a while. They’re a terribly frustrating company who happens to make a great product.

So… finally got a VIN. Even that was an adventure. No matter what anyone tried, they couldn’t get a VIN assigned. I swear, at least for me, Tesla only delivers to Arizona on the last 2-3 days of a quarter.
Finally there was a (non-demo) exact match in Palm Springs. Offered to fly there and pick it up but they assigned it to me and are shipping it over.
@Casablanca, that’s fantastic news. 🍾
Let’s go red.

Last edited:
Tesla has demonstrated quite clearly by now that they operate without a single semblance of rational thought. If they had a method to their madness, surely they would communicate it rather than frustrate customers and damage their brand perception. The fact that there are 1/10 orders (mine included) without deliveries while people are able to order in March and get vins/deliveries in the same week is absurd. I love the product but I’ve told everyone who asks don’t order new from Tesla unless you want to be strung along for months.
It's obvious that everyone in this forum (especially those that ordered White interior) are frustrated with the delays and lack of communication from Tesla. I am wondering though how we can publicize our frustrations more publicly that can go beyond just this forum and Reddit. I feel like the general public does not know about what's been going on and if we can somehow "shame" Tesla by having more people know what's been happening, it might spur Tesla to change their behavior.

It's obvious that everyone in this forum (especially those that ordered White interior) are frustrated with the delays and lack of communication from Tesla. I am wondering though how we can publicize our frustrations more publicly that can go beyond just this forum and Reddit. I feel like the general public does not know about what's been going on and if we can somehow "shame" Tesla by having more people know what's been happening, it might spur Tesla to change their behavior.
We could all call Tesla customer support every day at least once, @ customer support on X, Instagram, etc. Organize similar worded texts to advisors…

I’m going to wait until the end of March before I go that far though

I feel like the general public does not know about what's been going on and if we can somehow "shame" Tesla by having more people know what's been happening, it might spur Tesla to change their behavior.
I feel like the general public does not even care about what's going on here in this thread. There are much more important things going on in the world then a bunch of people complaining because we're impatient about our new cars. If anything, the general public will just call out this extremely first world problem of us waiting for our electric vehicles. Sure, there are legitimate complaints here and there, but really, its just a bunch of whining because we want something we can't have right now. Let's call it out as it is, folks.

Forums like this are made for this specific reason of people with the same interests loving/loathing over whatever is going on. The only shame that we might bring on is onto ourselves for complaining about being in such an entitled situation.

It's like if I were to start a public campaign because I've been on a waitlist for a Rolex for the past 2 years. That's not going to go over well with the general public.