Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd Turo a Rivian for a week before pulling that trigger if you haven't already done so. Rivian's software leaves a lot to be desired AFAIK and you're at the mercy of Electrify America and their ilk (VASTLY inferior experience compared to the Supercharging Network, like BAFFLINGLY worse).
Rivian has access to Tesla’s supercharger network. Existing Rivians will get an adapter but I believe Rivians built after Q1 of this year (might be later) will start to get teslas NACS plug making adapters not necessary.

IMG_4175.jpeg

This is ridiculous lol it’s not my fault they decided to take forever to deliver. If I didn’t decide to pay in full upfront, I’d be fckn pissed.

View attachment 1028947
This is ridiculous lol it’s not my fault they decided to take forever to deliver. If I didn’t decide to pay in full upfront, I’d be fckn pissed.
My financing (approved Feb 10) is due to expire April 10th. I'm gonna be livid if they try to pull this on me. My personal finances / credit score shouldn't be affected due to Tesla's inability to deliver!

Reactions: tokyohatesme
My financing (approved Feb 10) is due to expire April 10th. I'm gonna be livid if they try to pull this on me. My personal finances / credit score shouldn't be affected due to Tesla's inability to deliver!
Unfortunately that’s how it works. I went to a Tesla SC yesterday because mine expires on the 18th. My delivery isn’t till the 29-31 so it will expire because I didn’t know to wait till I got a vin. He told me there will be a second pull off of my credit no matter what because my application is only good for 60 days. He is to 60 days of waiting come tomorrow.

Reactions: steffanv
did you apply for financing when you got your vin? i’m just looking for way to avoid such issues if at all possible.
No, I made the mistake of applying for financing when the app called for it. In retrospect I should have waited until I got a VIN (which I still don't have, despite ordering on Jan 10th). So if you can, I'd suggest waiting until the last minute...

Reactions: Whitezoid and jiren
Unfortunately that’s how it works. I went to a Tesla SC yesterday because mine expires on the 18th. My delivery isn’t till the 29-31 so it will expire because I didn’t know to wait till I got a vin. He told me there will be a second pull off of my credit no matter what because my application is only good for 60 days. He is to 60 days of waiting come tomorrow.
That may be the way it works, but it's still BS! My EDD is March 30-31, but I don't think there's any chance of that actually happening. White interior...

No, I made the mistake of applying for financing when the app called for it. In retrospect I should have waited until I got a VIN (which I still don't have, despite ordering on Jan 10th). So if you can, I'd suggest waiting until the last minute...
I applied for financing too soon as well. My Tesla app had updated that my EDD was going to be March 29-31 but had no VIN yet. Even after my SA recommended to wait to get financing after a VIN is assigned, I still decided to pull the trigger on the auto loan but then my EDD changed again 2.5 weeks later, pushed out another month, and my interest rate offer will for sure expire. I'll have to go through the financing process again but won't do it until I receive my VIN first this time ;)

Last edited:
I decided to go with Cadillac Lyriq AWD, picking it up on 22nd. 500hp and 308mi epa range with 102kwh battery so the car is pretty decent package for money considering $7500 tax credit + extra discounts that I am qualified for. When I testdrove the car, I felt the car was comfortable, quiet and quick for its size. I believe GM is going to offer Tesla’s supercharger access this year, so hopefully long road trips aren’t so bad.

I really wanted model 3 because I am more of a small sedan guy. Also it is really great car too. I hope your March 20th delivery goes smoothly! And I will try dragon’s blood. That sounds amazing!
Friend of mine has a Lyriq. He had a Model S for 10 yrs and a Model 3. He loves his Lyriq! Enjoy it!

So, I ordered on Feb 11, just took delivery March 17. Not bad at all! Got the red color, no other options.
Wanted to let everyone know - when I got home just now I had an email from Tesla confirming FREE SUPERCHARGING was transferred from my old S to my new 3! I'm extremely happy and impressed how well this whole process worked! Good luck everyone!!

Ugh. Was one day from delivery date but was informed they are pushing me back 3 days since there was a slight delay in the car being delivered to their site. Very disappointing but I’m sure it is worth the wait. Just a little surprised since it is RWD, black interior, etc.