Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White interior people:

I have contacted a reporter from Teslarati who is interested in the story of white interior delays with no communication and quite frankly misleading estimated deliveries. He’s looking for comments that he can quote in the story. If you have any opinions/comments reply or DM me and I can forward stuff to him. Might not do much but better than typing into the void of this forum.
sounds like a solid clickbait article in the making.

Reactions: zoomer0056
White interior people:

I have contacted a reporter from Teslarati who is interested in the story of white interior delays with no communication and quite frankly misleading estimated deliveries. He’s looking for comments that he can quote in the story. If you have any opinions/comments reply or DM me and I can forward stuff to him. Might not do much but better than typing into the void of this forum.
My opinion: It's not OUR opinions and quotes that the reporter should be collecting, but rather something from Tesla. In particular, if you can mention to him to try to press Tesla to give official and legal change to the terms of FSD transfer for those of us impacted by the White delay. That is, not have us sign a document that CLEARLY says "if not delivered by EOQ then no FSD transfer", but try to Tweet out random other messaging.
Perhaps if they post the article on a website Tesla pays attention to (i.e. Teslarati) maybe it can pressure Tesla into doing the right thing for loyal customers. Worth the shot at least!

I’m getting a call back for a quote from a local guy soon.. I’ll let you guys know
Thanks guys
Good thing is my service panel is in my garage next to where my home connector will be installed
I got 3 quotes from local electricians recommended on the Tesla app. Also check their Google reviews. It was obvious who to go with for me once I looked up their reviews. Install was about 80 feet from the box. Already had my service updated when I went to central air. Cost me 1200 for the install and 515 for the connector. Bought the connector from Tesla. I’m on Long Island. I think your location plays a big part on the price.

Reactions: Dan. G
Unfortunately I have no one to call. I only text through the app and, based on the variety of enthusiasm I’ve gotten in my replies, it’s been a different person every time lol
Yeah, I got lucky. First day I stepped foot into the sc, I met this young guy who was super knowledgeable and nice. I ordered a day or two after and then went in for a test drive. He recognized me right away and jumped to help me. Stopped in the other day for an update and to ask a question, he was there and gave me his personal # and told me to text him directly instead of the main text number that goes to like 10 people who all have different levels of care. I got a good one!

View attachment 1030383

Just picked up my new Model 3 and I love it!! FSD transferred smoothly and I had it in my new car when I drove off! Definitely worth the wait and I can’t wait for the rest of you guys to take delivery!

View attachment 1030383

Just picked up my new Model 3 and I love it!! FSD transferred smoothly and I had it in my new car when I drove off! Definitely worth the wait and I can’t wait for the rest of you guys to take delivery!

White interior people:

I realize wild conspiracy theories are all the rage these days, but everyone just needs to take a deep breath and go for a walk. The illuminati and deep state won't help you get your car any faster. Yes it sucks to wait, but Tesla has every intention to send you your car as soon as it can.

Went to pick up my M3 and ended up waiting an hour because I could not click on the “start delivery” button until someone from their Logistics let me start on that. After 80 minutes at the DC, my delivery rep told me I could drive off if I wants and he’ll finalize delivery from his end. 🙄

Aside from this one annoyance…delivery went well. Though I thought to myself “how much of a gap is really a gap” a few times during inspection.

Took delivery today car was generally in great shape, gaps were fine, nothing major to report except for

Everyone needs to check their front bumpers for paint/rock damage from when the cars are on trucks for shipping

Tesla will be repainting or replacing my front bumper at their cost

The 10am time slot only had 4 new M3, 1 ultra red and 3 stealth grey

The other stealth grey next to mine was pretty much pristine

I wish everyone luck in their delivery and I commiserate with everyone that is still waiting on delivery/VINs.

And … it finally happened - I got my car. A gloomy day in Indianapolis so the Ultra Red didn’t pop as it would on a sunny day but still gorgeous nonetheless. Following the tips from the delivery checklist video @EV Girl posted (thank you) I was obsessively inspecting my car and to my relief all looked good. The car is really great. The only thing I was a bit disappointed by is that the wheel is a bit bigger and it covers the lower left corner of the screen a tiny bit. I’m very visual so it bugged me - most probably many won’t even notice. I didn’t have that with my older M3. I tweaked a bit the height and depth of its position so it’s less annoying. Otherwise, the car is quieter and drives much smoother. The FSD transfer was super smooth as well. The car calibrated after 10 miles and I was able to turn the FSD on. So far all is well.

I wanted to thank everyone for the support during this long wait and to wish you good luck, especially on all the white interiors. You guys are superheros to take all this waiting with a stride. Few weeks left, you are so close. See you on the road! 🙌🏽

Attachments

• IMG_6929.jpeg
    IMG_6929.jpeg
    704 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_6930.jpeg
    IMG_6930.jpeg
    683.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6931.jpeg
    IMG_6931.jpeg
    916 KB · Views: 15