Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delayed post. Picked up my M3LR on Saturday and worked the whole weekend, finally getting around to posting now! Initial thoughts: Absolutely phenomenal. Delivery took all of about 20 mins. Got it tinted Monday, feels much less like a fishbowl. It’s hard to have a lot of words for the car, it’s actually breathtaking.

Also, if it’s not called the “Highland”, why are all the stickers labeled as such lol
So far, not several complaints. The day after i picked up we saw a few inches of snowfall here in CO.
Complaint Number 1: Windshield wipers were ineffective during the storm. Learned that the windshield wipers can be heated, never thought that would be essential. It was a quick fix, but it definitely wasn’t helpful when i was navigating in already low visibility.
Complaint Number 2: And this isn’t the biggest one, but the buttons to signal have a tendency to get.. “stuck?” On a few occasions, i’ve went to signal and the button would not press down. I’d have to press around the button to loosen it before making it operational again.

Reactions: jiren
So far, not several complaints. The day after i picked up we saw a few inches of snowfall here in CO.
Complaint Number 1: Windshield wipers were ineffective during the storm. Learned that the windshield wipers can be heated, never thought that would be essential. It was a quick fix, but it definitely wasn’t helpful when i was navigating in already low visibility.
Complaint Number 2: And this isn’t the biggest one, but the buttons to signal have a tendency to get.. “stuck?” On a few occasions, i’ve went to signal and the button would not press down. I’d have to press around the button to loosen it before making it operational again.
Yikes. That sounds bad. I’d talk to service about the signal buttons. I’ve not heard about that before and I’ve watched a lot of YouTube. Also never heard about heating the wipers. that’s cool.

Definitely have experienced the sticky buttons in every single demo car. Has to be a bug!

Reactions: birdie2473
We are getting close to the finish line, my friends. One of these days, one person with a white interior M3 will check for a VIN and find that they have one. Overjoyed, they come here to tell us! Only to find out that we all had the same idea, once we got our VINs as well…
We are getting close to the finish line, my friends. One of these days, one person with a white interior M3 will check for a VIN and find that they have one. Overjoyed, they come here to tell us! Only to find out that we all had the same idea, once we got our VINs as well…
Appreciate the pep talk, but I yet to see a light at the end of the tunnel!

Reactions: catxi
Delayed post. Picked up my M3LR on Saturday and worked the whole weekend, finally getting around to posting now! Initial thoughts: Absolutely phenomenal. Delivery took all of about 20 mins. Got it tinted Monday, feels much less like a fishbowl. It’s hard to have a lot of words for the car, it’s actually breathtaking.

Also, if it’s not called the “Highland”, why are all the stickers labeled as such lol
Please please a pic with tinted windows! I have the same paint and wheels and am anxious to see!

Reactions: catxi
Appreciate the pep talk, but I yet to see a light at the end of the tunnel!
The light will be when the first one of us white interior dreamers gets a vin. Until then patience. It will be worth the wait. I’m sure they are working hard on getting a solution for us.

Last edited:
Please please a pic with tinted windows! I have the same paint and wheels and am anxious to see!
Here’s the best ones i’ve got. Highly recommend Mile High Customs. went for the F1 Pinnacle at 15%

Attachments

• IMG_1736.jpeg
    IMG_1736.jpeg
    200.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2629.jpeg
    IMG_2629.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 11
I had a very interesting delivery today of my M3 LR Blue. Woke up to a text from the SC saying my credit needed to be run again as it expired. It expired on the 19th and it was run then when I called in and talked to a SA. The Stores SA couldn’t find anywhere were it was run and got the low apr my phone said and what I was told. There was nothing that could be done about it. Then On my way to pick it up the SA called and while cleaning the vehicle that literally just got delivered to the store in Chicago a 6-9 inch crease was found in the tailgate. So had to be damaged durning delivery. Since it was an hour drive I wanted to go look at because I was half way there. My gf and my self didn’t see it because it followed a line down the tailgate. Comparing the sides it was definitely noticeable. An hour and a half and a lot of going back and forth they are replacing the tail gate for free. Also gave me a free mobile connector. Definitely ate up way more time than I wanted to spend. Definitely a crazy experience. Thankful no more waiting and everything is getting fixed. It drives like a dream compared to my 2019 M3 LR. I don’t miss the stalks at all, if anything it makes me actually uses my turn signals. The SAs were awesome and understanding minus it not happening I couldn’t ask for better help. All you white interior we are with you. May Vins rain down like spaghetti and meatballs.

I’ve taken 3 demo drives and learned that the further outward you press the turn signal buttons, the higher chance you have of not actually getting the button successfully pressed (aka sticky buttons). As soon as I consciously made an effort to press the buttons towards on the inner most part, the part of the button towards the horn, it worked great.

The fact that you have to press the button in a certain spot doesn’t exactly strengthen Tesla’s argument for stalkless design. Nonetheless my worries about stalkless went away with pressing more inward.