Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone near Atlanta, GA have their car/is getting their car soon and would want a free Stealth Hitch? The Stealth Hitch guys are looking for someone to bring their car by and test fit the 2023 Model 3 hitch for compatibility. If you help them out, they will give you a hitch for free ($600!!).

1711562799590.png

Anyone have suggestions on the following:

1. Car fresheners. Is spraying eau de cologne/toilette damaging to the fabric/leather? Any alternatives since this car doesn’t rly have traditional vents for fresheners?
2. Garbage bin in the car? Side bins have fabric which greatly limits what I can put there
3. Since I got my car hand waxed (last week), it’s gotten rly dirty again. Do people just rinse the car off or wash w soap to keep clean? If with soap, how do you ensure the wax won’t be stripped off too much?

On all cars, I stick with the famous Little Tree air fresheners. (I love the True North scent. Not tarty or too fragrant.. just a nice clean scent. All my passengers 💙 it) Peel the plastic wrapper back half way, place under seat and after 2 weeks, peel the whole wrapper off.

As for washing it… Depends on your budget, OCD level, but I’d highly recommend Obsessed Garage’s YT channel / store for tips, products and more.

And one note - I don’t have my M3 yet but have heard the seat perforations may be an issue with cleaning, I wouldn’t drench the seat as the liquid may be hard to extract afterwards. Guess we’ll see with time.

Ko
How do you heat up the wipers?

Also, I have noticed the buttons getting stuck sometimes as well! Annoying when it happens and not sure how to fix it other than just trying to press it different ways.
This probably is not the case, but was imagining how a button gets 'stuck' and thought that it could seem that way due to the feature of the turn signal staying on until the car has actually made a lane change. That is something relatively new.

I typically use the Westmont IL delivery/service center, although I'm picking up my new Model 3 in Lisle (Naperville). I keep my personal financial dealings private — I just wanted to note that Tesla is not always the lowball offer.
I agree with you. I am trading in my 2019 M3 LR with 170,000 miles and the offer was close to blue book. I never did try Carvana or CarMax though.

Reactions: FielderJones
Ko

This probably is not the case, but was imagining how a button gets 'stuck' and thought that it could seem that way due to the feature of the turn signal staying on until the car has actually made a lane change. That is something relatively new.
No, it's a mechanical issue for sure. Sometimes I can't press the button to turn on the signal. And it's not a haptic button, it's actually a mechanical button that clicks and you press it down. So sometimes it just won't press down, it's like something moved around and is blocking it. It happens more often with the top button which is the right turn signal. I'm pretty sure it has happened twice where it was stuck and I finally pressed it and somehow it activated the left turn signal.

So they might have to fix this in service for a lot of us at some point and readjust production. It's definitely something that has gotten worse the more I've driven since the clicking of the button felt perfect when I first got it, and it's only close to 2 weeks.

Reactions: HighZ and evfangirl
On all cars, I stick with the famous Little Tree air fresheners. (I love the True North scent. Not tarty or too fragrant.. just a nice clean scent. All my passengers 💙 it) Peel the plastic wrapper back half way, place under seat and after 2 weeks, peel the whole wrapper off.

As for washing it… Depends on your budget, OCD level, but I’d highly recommend Obsessed Garage’s YT channel / store for tips, products and more.

And one note - I don’t have my M3 yet but have heard the seat perforations may be an issue with cleaning, I wouldn’t drench the seat as the liquid may be hard to extract afterwards. Guess we’ll see with time.
Everyone’s been saying the same about the Little Tree brand, might have to check it out after all. Thanks mate

Reactions: kmrnt and evfangirl
I got my car today. It was raining so it got a little dirty. Already got a scratch on the bottom rear quarter panel that happened on the way home from a rock or something similar. This is the first time I have been in a model 3 and it seems smaller than I thought. I expected it to be the size of my old BMW 340i but it's more the size of my Civic. View attachment 1032735
Lol no way, I’m also upgrading from a civic (hatchback), same color and all as yours, to the SG M3. 😂

Our time is coming
When, OMG. I'm going insane with the Tesla App, this forum, fb groups, reddit, google, etc. All my searches are EOQ push, white interior batch schedule, production. etc. Good luck to us all with early OD and white interiors. I hope they mix white interior LR and SR and not start with only one flavor.