Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve taken 3 demo drives and learned that the further outward you press the turn signal buttons, the higher chance you have of not actually getting the button successfully pressed (aka sticky buttons). As soon as I consciously made an effort to press the buttons towards on the inner most part, the part of the button towards the horn, it worked great.

The fact that you have to press the button in a certain spot doesn’t exactly strengthen Tesla’s argument for stalkless design. Nonetheless my worries about stalkless went away with pressing more inward.
That's what I've found too. I would prefer to press on the outer portion, closer to the wheel, but seems to work best or only pressing more towards the center. Pressing closer to the wheel would be an easier feel for me.

Reactions: impatient_guy
So far, not several complaints. The day after i picked up we saw a few inches of snowfall here in CO.
Complaint Number 1: Windshield wipers were ineffective during the storm. Learned that the windshield wipers can be heated, never thought that would be essential. It was a quick fix, but it definitely wasn’t helpful when i was navigating in already low visibility.
Complaint Number 2: And this isn’t the biggest one, but the buttons to signal have a tendency to get.. “stuck?” On a few occasions, i’ve went to signal and the button would not press down. I’d have to press around the button to loosen it before making it operational again.
The wipers technically aren't heated. It's an air vent that blows on the windshield where the wipers sit in the rest position.

Reactions: evfangirl
The wipers technically aren't heated. It's an air vent that blows on the windshield where the wipers sit in the rest position.
been meaning to put rain-x on the windshield --- the auto wipers are the major flaw that we keep hearing about having an update for.
its not the end of the world to hit the wiper button and turn them on, just kind of funny that the car can drive itself, yet can't turn on the wipers when it's raining.

will say also -- was concerned about no xm -- still missing my sports talk a bit, but wow the spotify interface blows away xm and carplay --the ability to quickly search and truly visually songs and albums on a large screen. the carplay interface is some what overrated -- very little control over what it looks like, most of the apps are very vanilla in the interface, and have little to known visualizations etc.

adding true crowd funding police alerts is the only thing in my opinion i'm missing. but i just left waze on my iphone while it was charging -- which for a 7 hour trip my phone in the wireless charge maintained pretty much greater than a 95% charge.

IMG_6913.jpeg

Long wait is over. This thing drives incredibly.

Rear screen wasn’t working noticed when I got home, went back to SC and they couldn’t fix it so I created a service ticket. Then I got home again and it was on and has been working ever since lol.

Last edited:
Did the fsd test in an s. Wasn’t a super smooth demo to make me spend $12k but I got my car and it was worth the wait! Pictures are the photons, rims with silver inserts or matte inserts. Thoughts? Kind of like the photons…
Thanks. Not sure. I
Did the fsd test in an s. Wasn’t a super smooth demo to make me spend $12k but I got my car and it was worth the wait! Pictures are the photons, rims with silver inserts or matte inserts. Thoughts? Kind of like the photons…
Nice thanks.
I got these delivered thinking they’d be painted silver logos. But they’re black with silver stickers I can put on myself LOL. pretty lame but I guess i’ll try to both ways.

Attachments

• IMG_5729.jpeg
    IMG_5729.jpeg
    211.1 KB · Views: 5
So far, not several complaints. The day after i picked up we saw a few inches of snowfall here in CO.
Complaint Number 1: Windshield wipers were ineffective during the storm. Learned that the windshield wipers can be heated, never thought that would be essential. It was a quick fix, but it definitely wasn’t helpful when i was navigating in already low visibility.
Complaint Number 2: And this isn’t the biggest one, but the buttons to signal have a tendency to get.. “stuck?” On a few occasions, i’ve went to signal and the button would not press down. I’d have to press around the button to loosen it before making it operational again.
How do you heat up the wipers?

Also, I have noticed the buttons getting stuck sometimes as well! Annoying when it happens and not sure how to fix it other than just trying to press it different ways.

If anyone is trading a Tesla or other vehicle when buying a new Tesla and you are not satisfied with what appears to be a low-ball offer from Tesla, I suggest consider using a third party buyer like Carvana, We Buy Any Car, Car Max, etc. You may get a better offer that is worth the effort even after taking into consideration the sales tax offset for the trade-in (if allowable in your state). After receiving a low-ball offer from Tesla for my 2018 M3 AWD, I accepted the offer from Carvana which was SUBSTANTIALLY higher than the Tesla offer. Smooth transaction online. And I got paid within 24 hours with direct deposit after my Tesla was picked up at my home.

If anyone is trading a Tesla or other vehicle when buying a new Tesla and you are not satisfied with what appears to be a low-ball offer from Tesla, I suggest consider using a third party buyer like Carvana, We Buy Any Car, Car Max, etc. You may get a better offer that is worth the effort even after taking into consideration the sales tax offset for the trade-in (if allowable in your state). After receiving a low-ball offer from Tesla for my 2018 M3 AWD, I accepted the offer from Carvana which was SUBSTANTIALLY higher than the Tesla offer. Smooth transaction online. And I got paid within 24 hours with direct deposit after my Tesla was picked up at my home.
Do you mind sharing how many miles you had on the 2018 M3 and what the highest offer was?

I have the 15 Pro Max, works great. I just toss it on there and it charges. I don't have to shift it around or anything, seems like it's always in the right spot.
My wireless charging heats up tremendously. Phone has given 2-3 temp warnings and halted charging. But I’ve also noticed charging is ridiculously slow

Anyone having the same issues? I have the 15 Pro Max and updated software w/ no case

Oh god me too (stuck signal buttons). I realized I just wasn’t pressing in the exact spot they want me to but still have occasionally had the same issue even if I did

My wireless charging heats up tremendously. Phone has given 2-3 temp warnings and halted charging. But I’ve also noticed charging is ridiculously slow

Anyone having the same issues? I have the 15 Pro Max and updated software w/ no case
Haven't gone on a drive long enough to notice issues like this but I have heard wireless car chargers are often really bad. I did max a 35 minute drive and my phone wasn't too hot, but I didn't take a look at how much it charged in that time.

Anyone have suggestions on the following:

1. Car fresheners. Is spraying eau de cologne/toilette damaging to the fabric/leather? Any alternatives since this car doesn’t rly have traditional vents for fresheners?
2. Garbage bin in the car? Side bins have fabric which greatly limits what I can put there
3. Since I got my car hand waxed (last week), it’s gotten rly dirty again. Do people just rinse the car off or wash w soap to keep clean? If with soap, how do you ensure the wax won’t be stripped off too much?

I have a 2019 M3 SR+ with 26000 miles, and the Tesla offer was better than the Carvana offer. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Old Biker
3. Since I got my car hand waxed (last week), it’s gotten rly dirty again. Do people just rinse the car off or wash w soap to keep clean? If with soap, how do you ensure the wax won’t be stripped off too much?
I've had good success using Optimum No Rinse (ONR) Car Wash. Check it out on the web. Easy to use, uses very little water, really works (at least in my experience over the last few years). Glad you have finally received your new M3!