Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland (US) Waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks! A few thoughts on my delivery. Hope it's not TLDR :) I arrived about 30 mins early and found my car in the garage at the SC with my name on it and started my inspection. A few people came by and asked if I needed any help. Even a manager. He came by just as I had marked a spot on the from fender. It seemed to be a scratch. He got close and said he didn't think it was a scratch but would take care of it before I left. Sure enough, a tech came by with a buffer and got rid of it within a few minutes. It was an adhesive. When appointment time came, I went into the office. The ops person (someone who I had been dealing with in email) greeted me and efficiently went through outstanding paperwork. I pointed out when my trade-in was and she sent some one out to get my plates. By the time I got back to the car, they were on. She said don't worry, make sure the car is to your specs before you submit final payment. As soon as I submitted the payment, the car popped up in my app. I spent almost an hour inspecting. The LED bar is off a bit, but the dashboard and the door match perfectly so I wasn't going to argue. Other than that, the plastic extension of the lower front bumper is not completely attached. I'll create a ticket for that. All in all, very efficient and friendly. Kudos to the Florida Ave Tampa SC.

I picked up the car yesterday after doing only basic inspection because of the rain in the Bay Area. I parked my car for about a couple of hours and started doing the thorough inspection. I noticed the car is making some kind of weird noise when in idle/park mode. I haven’t started the car yet (by pressing the brake) and it’s continuously making the sound. I have a model Y and I don’t hear this. Is this normal?

I picked up the car yesterday after doing only basic inspection because of the rain in the Bay Area. I parked my car for about a couple of hours and started doing the thorough inspection. I noticed the car is making some kind of weird noise when in idle/park mode. I haven’t started the car yet (by pressing the brake) and it’s continuously making the sound. I have a model Y and I don’t hear this. Is this normal?
I have a 2020 M3, and yes I hear it makes weird noises when parked . Sometimes a low humming noise, other times louder Fan noise. According to Tesla it is normal.
Occasionally when I open the door the humming stops!

Reactions: zoomer0056
I checked this morning and it’s still making sound from the outside and inside. It’s been sitting there for more than 10 hours and do you think the fan is cooling the electronics?
That doesn’t sound right at all. I’d get a service appointment. However I’ve never owned an electric car. So my advice comes from zero experience.

I am sorry guys, I caved in after thinking and watching videos of white interior. My wife and I like dark cabins and worried about tint and white seat reflections. Changed to black interior and within 30 mins got a VIN. Picking up at Burbank instead of Buena Park. Good luck and hang in there. Might start building white interiors early of Q2, who knows.
No need to apologize to us! I’m sure you’ll love the car